UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2015-2016 OOC Schedule

Crazy Tournament Idea for 2017:

Capital District vs. Western NY - Siena-UAlbany vs. Buffalo-St. Bonaventure

or

Capital District vs. Downstate NY - Siena-UAlbany vs. Hofstra or Fordham or Columbia or Wagner or St. Francis

I just think make a all NY affair that year

So that tournament UA will play Siena no matter what?

Why do Siena fans think a predominance of Green in the stands will affect the outcome? How's that worked out for you 4 of the last 5 years at the TUC? This sounds like a good deal. I don't think

we're going to get a MAC and an A-10 team to come to Albany for a tourney, but anything is possible. How about UA, Siena, Colgate and Cornell?

Don't blame you guys for wanting this game. I blame our AD (John D'Argenio) for agreeing to it. But that's obviously not your problem.

Here's to a good three year series. After that who knows.

It will be funny if Siena fans scoop up 2500-3000 tickets and paint SEFCU Green and Gold :D

No way for UAlbany to really prevent that from happening. How are they going to know who is buying the tickets?

I am not sure why you bring this kind of stupidity here.

The best your low major team can get from any other team in the nation would be a home and home where your home game would draw significantly less than your home game in this series .

in addition to a home and home here, you have a possible tournament in year 3 including the areas premier team and you are upset at your AD,

unbelievable

Edited by bob87

Don't blame you guys for wanting this game. I blame our AD (John D'Argenio) for agreeing to it. But that's obviously not your problem.

Here's to a good three year series. After that who knows.

It will be funny if Siena fans scoop up 2500-3000 tickets and paint SEFCU Green and Gold :D

No way for UAlbany to really prevent that from happening. How are they going to know who is buying the tickets?

I am not sure why you bring this kind of stupidity here.

The best your low major team can get from any other team in the nation would be a home and home where your home game would draw significantly less than your home game in this series .

in addition to a home and home here, you have a possible tournament in year 3 including the areas premier team and you are upset at your AD,

unbelievable

Unfortunately, MTS talks out of both sides of his mouth on this issue. He wasn't nearly as nice to UA on his website.

I've been following their threads...those people get so angry lol. We talk about LCC far far less than they talk about us. It's laughable and a bit entertaining, but also kind of irritating. I love the one guy who posted a meme about UAlbany being better than LCC caused his eyes to roll so far back into his head that he saw his brain.

Let's see, ranked LAX with arguably the best player ever if I recall someone saying, far better BB teams, quickly improving FB team at the highest level of their NCAA division. We OWN Capital District sports. Siena is terrible in everything but men's basketball (if they have as a good a year as they are predicting). With Benson now at the helm, it's clear as day that Albany is pushing to become the only school people in this area talk about in terms of sports by bringing people onto OUR campus and into OUR facilities. It's only a matter of time before LCC is long forgotten. A tiny ass college cannot compete with a motivated University that's in the same area code. Benson has been a revelation compared to the last guy (who, given the position he got the program in didn't do all that bad but certainly didn't take it to the heights it could have gotten to).

Academically speaking, we are also pushing for better positioning with our rumored affiliation with Albany Law, etc. Siena can't compete with ANYTHING we are doing, simple as that.

They can cry about locking out 6k fans now...but what will their excuse be when SEFCU gets upgraded (only a matter of time folks) and fits more people? They need to either start winning or shut up and take what they are given. We helped them out by even doing a new contract.

I can't stand Siena fans.

Edited by Ilko
  • Like 1

Now that this is done, what's the rest of the schedule?!

Agree it would be nice to know the rset of the schedule, but based on history that will be a while and a goolgle search looks like only about 10 teams have released ooc schedules for next season so far.

just 5 games so far

UA at Kentucky 11/13

UA at Boston University 11/16

UA at South Florida 11/24

UA home against NJIT 11/27

UA at LCC 12/12 ?

Edited by bob87

I've been following their threads...those people get so angry lol. We talk about LCC far far less than they talk about us. It's laughable and a bit entertaining, but also kind of irritating. I love the one guy who posted a meme about UAlbany being better than LCC caused his eyes to roll so far back into his head that he saw his brain.

Let's see, ranked LAX with arguably the best player ever if I recall someone saying, far better BB teams, quickly improving FB team at the highest level of their NCAA division. We OWN Capital District sports. Siena is terrible in everything but men's basketball (if they have as a good a year as they are predicting). With Benson now at the helm, it's clear as day that Albany is pushing to become the only school people in this area talk about in terms of sports by bringing people onto OUR campus and into OUR facilities. It's only a matter of time before LCC is long forgotten. A tiny ass college cannot compete with a motivated University that's in the same area code. Benson has been a revelation compared to the last guy (who, given the position he got the program in didn't do all that bad but certainly didn't take it to the heights it could have gotten to).

Academically speaking, we are also pushing for better positioning with our rumored affiliation with Albany Law, etc. Siena can't compete with ANYTHING we are doing, simple as that.

They can cry about locking out 6k fans now...but what will their excuse be when SEFCU gets upgraded (only a matter of time folks) and fits more people? They need to either start winning or shut up and take what they are given. We helped them out by even doing a new contract.

Both fan bases will never see eye to eye. To say we don't care what they do is a lie also. There was a ongoing thing with people counting Pasto's T's this past year, a thread on all the sports we have beaten them in etc. They can think what they want and we can think what we want. If we had the TU center for home games and hosted them every year I probably would not want to have the game elsewhere. It's over.

If we really don't care about what they do then let's end it here and stop talking about them until the week of this upcoming seasons game!

Now that this is done, what's the rest of the schedule?!

Agree it would be nice to know the rset of the schedule, but based on history that will be a while and a goolgle search looks like only about 10 teams have released ooc schedules for next season so far.

just 5 games so far

UA at Kentucky 11/13

UA at Boston University 11/16

UA at South Florida 11/24

UA home against NJIT 11/27

UA at LCC 12/12 ?

Like someone said earlier I hope they post the schedule sooner than later. This way fans can check which road games they can possibly make.

Both fan bases will never see eye to eye. To say we don't care what they do is a lie also. There was a ongoing thing with people counting Pasto's T's this past year, a thread on all the sports we have beaten them in etc. They can think what they want and we can think what we want. If we had the TU center for home games and hosted them every year I probably would not want to have the game elsewhere. It's over.

If we really don't care about what they do then let's end it here and stop talking about them until the week of this upcoming seasons game!

never said I got to the point where I don't care at all about them. I am still at the point where their losses are enjoyable :D

never said I got to the point where I don't care at all about them. I am still at the point where their losses are enjoyable :D

Hahahah