UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

They posted another teaser to Facebook. I really hope they don't go towards the black jerseys, which is what it looks like.

For anyone wondering: https://www.facebook.com/ualbanysports/photos/a.172990712500.156130.125962027500/10154138614347501/?type=1&theater

Looks like black inside the number and dark purple jersey, which is OK by me if the gold border is wide enough that you can actually READ the numbers - a problem I remember with some of our old basketball unis.

I was in school when black was used for almost all sports, except football. I think after 2008 or 2009 they finally ditched the black. Maybe it will look better for football since a lot of schools like the black alternates. Stony brook football has them also.

Actually, the pants are black, the shirts are black with purple/gold trim, the numbers are in-laid with black/gold/purple, and the helmets are deep purple pearl with UALBANY in a curve.

Few things:

1. If it is a third uniform...I love it.

2. Love it or hate, these things are sometimes driven by the supplier pushing a style.

3. They are better looking then any of the obnoxious Under Armour Combat style uniforms or the new Addidas "Diamond" look.

Edited by Dane96

It's great that they are doing this - not just the uniforms but the teaser. Don't know if anyone remembers the excitement last year when JMU rolled out their black uniforms and new helmets - it was a really big deal and the players (and fans) were really excited. Teams like Stony Brook and Liberty make it a big deal to select a combination of jerseys, pants and helmets for each game - point is the players love it.

It creates excitement for both the players and the fans. May not be the same level of excitement as JMU but step by step...

• Like 1

It's great that they are doing this - not just the uniforms but the teaser. Don't know if anyone remembers the excitement last year when JMU rolled out their black uniforms and new helmets - it was a really big deal and the players (and fans) were really excited. Teams like Stony Brook and Liberty make it a big deal to select a combination of jerseys, pants and helmets for each game - point is the players love it.

It creates excitement for both the players and the fans. May not be the same level of excitement as JMU but step by step...

I don't know about others but I'm pumped...show it to me already...GIVE IT TO ME!

giphy.gif