UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Home Opener: vs. Rhode Island

I have to agree with dyslink for the first time. The uniforms were a disappointment. The numbers were invisible. Poorly designed by someone who never went to a football game. The gray uniforms are like the men's bb grays. just plan ugly. Everyone around us said the same thing--I hope they got them for free because n.o one would pay for them.

Agreed, I gave my opinion when the unis were announced. Must be a generational thing

Let's be honest, they are freakin butt ugly. Who the $iena made that decision?

But it was a good ass whoopin on uri.

I disagree...I don't have a strong opinion one way or another but I disagree with butt ugly!

Ok, maybe not butt ugly... how about rosie o'donnell ugly?

Why dark grey is all I ask? Wouldn't deep dark black have been a better choice?

I think these jersey's should be our full-time jersey's and we can finally ditch the 1969 look. These are far from butt ugly...more like they are pretty damn sexy (if there is such a thing when speaking about jersey's).

I agree, these uniforms are modernized and sharp looking. To each his or her own of course.

I think it's healthy for regular fans to make suggestions and air complaints. I've been going to football games for 45 years and have had season tickets at BoFo since they opened. So it's not

like I showed up at my first game and came away with a barrel of complaints. A gentle email to the facilities folks should not ruffle too many feathers and typically those in charge tend to like to hear what's not working right. So I emailed them. Here's a true story: Opening day of BoFo we went to the game carrying our newly purchased stadium seats. As we neared the stadium we saw a steady stream of folks going in the opposite

direction carrying similar seats. I asked one and they said that they were turning them away at the gate. So I trudged back to the car and then we went into the stadium. You may remember that there was a lot of

athletic department presence there the first game or two. When we got into the stadium a fellow in a U Albany shirt (30-40YO) asked pleasantly how things were going and if we were having a good time. Told him what had happened and that I was not happy about it. He assured me that they were not supposed to be keeping stadium chairs out and that it was probably just opening day misinformation at the gates. Having said that, he told us to

wait where we were at the bottom of our steps up to 205. He comes back with 2 of the heavy duty purple stadium seats with the split U Albany on the back. We thanked him profusely and asked where we should return them

after the game. He said keep them! So they made good on an error, found out about the problem and left 2 happy patrons. So let them know if something is amiss. Turns out the ones we bought were crap and could not be used anyway due to their attachment system. So we returned them to Dick's. I felt bad about getting a couple of free chairs so we donated money to the Football program to make up for them. Incidentally, if you don't have them, they make all the difference in the world in enjoying the game in comfort.

FInally…I think we need more cowbell!

Interesting. Mine went through Saturday with no problem. Brought it all last season with no problem.

Guess I didn't really experience any of the issues some people on here talked about. Went pretty smoothly for me. Big win in the home opener..can't ask for much more! Already looking forward to the 26th.

• Like 1

With the heavy rains moving me out of the upper deck at half-time I did not hear the marching band. That said, here is a carryover complaint from the last couple of years!:

Do not have a marching band at a football game play Adele songs. One objective a band must have is to engage and incite the crowd, and playing slow James Bond theme music isn't going to do it.

• Like 1

With the heavy rains moving me out of the upper deck at half-time I did not hear the marching band. That said, here is a carryover complaint from the last couple of years!:

Do not have a marching band at a football game play Adele songs. One objective a band must have is to engage and incite the crowd, and playing slow James Bond theme music isn't going to do it.

Didn't the play Bruno Mars?

I hope to listen to their show at the next game.

Last year, however, I would get halfway through the Skyfall theme song and then make my way to the stadium ledge.

I hope to listen to their show at the next game.

Last year, however, I would get halfway through the Skyfall theme song and then make my way to the stadium ledge.

You complain a lot!

• Like 1

I tend to believe if you get a big group of people together, all from different age groups, they aren't going to agree on the music once you get past the national anthem.

I admit I'm always surprised at how much conversation there is here about fashion: uniforms, etc. Not complaining, just surprised, especially after seeing the way some board members actually dress :)

I tend to believe if you get a big group of people together, all from different age groups, they aren't going to agree on the music once you get past the national anthem.

I admit I'm always surprised at how much conversation there is here about fashion: uniforms, etc. Not complaining, just surprised, especially after seeing the way some board members actually dress :)

LOL ... Shots fired... Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1