UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Home Opener: vs. Rhode Island

This kind of falls into this weekend...Pep Rally tomorrow at 6PM w/ free pizza for first 700 students. Hopefully a ton of students get pumped and come to the game...although I don't think we've had an issue with opening day crowds since BOFO opened yet.

Edited by Ilko

This kind of falls into this weekend...Pep Rally tomorrow at 6PM w/ free pizza for first 700 students. Hopefully a ton of students get pumped and come to the game...although I don't think we've had an issue with opening day crowds since BOFO opened yet.

Opening day and home coming will always draw very well. Its the games in between where we need to get people to show.

• Like 1

Hair of the Dog will be playing at the Great Dane Game Day.

I hope this is a band that would be relevant to students and not say, some sort of classic rock cover band...

Celtic rock

Hair Of The Dog

HOTG Facebook

Not sure a band good or bad brings students, but it will bring others who don't normally come to our games. They have an Irish Night at the valley cats every year and Hair of the Dog plays. I know people who go to that game just because they want to see the band. I hope those are the people we can pull in..who wouldn't normally come...and then we can convert them into fans :)

Edited by MsGDG

Yes. And weirdly (and if you look at photos...they indeed bulked up) the Game Notes are not updated for player size/position when you compare them to the actual roster listed on the website. We are MUCH bigger on the O-Line on the website roster vs. the Game Notes. For example, Malloy is definitely NOT 240.

On the weekly show Malloy said he was 280 now. I think the rule is that if the athlete has been in 30% or less of the games (or something like that) they can apply for a waiver (medical redshirt)

to make it as if they did not play at all in the year of the injury. I'm not sure how that stacks up against the 5 or 6 year limits.

Can Nicastro get another year of eligibility because of the injury or because he is a redshirt already that he can't get another for the injury? I know there is a 5 year clock but there is also a six year exception or something like that.

It is likely tough luck for Nicastro regarding the extra year.

The following article is one of the easier to follow descriptions of redshirting I could find, and it has many similarities to Nicastro's situation: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1587386-michigan-football-can-jake-ryan-apply-for-a-medical-redshirt