UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: 2/17 vs. Stony Brook (Coaches Cure CF Game)

Couldn't watch from the beach but followed best I could. Incredible win... Crazy that were were about 54 seconds from a clean sweep of sbu.

Shooting was hot today, bug rich brought it... Awesome to hear. He's been so soft all year.. More of this please. Even tough game... Sounds like refs were all over him.

Wilkin's blog says attendance was 4,578, SRO and 40 over capacity

Gotta be the first sellout ever on a weeknight?

Maybe, but there were some big crowds after the first championship. I might do some digging.

Edit: A lot of the old box scores aren't on line any more. I found a crowd of over 4,300 for a Columbia game, but that was on a Saturday. Otherwise I don't think there have been any sellouts at SEFCU except for BPG and some Conference Championships.

Edited by UAalum72

One of the best coached and well played games I have seen in a while (officiating not withstanding.)

Good ball distribution and balanced scoring on offense.

Well executed double teams and rotations on defense.

An impressive display of team basketball. There was no tentativeness tonight.

Well done.

• Like 1

The craziest stat line of the night belongs to Richard Peters. I honestly cannot believe he only had 4 points, 0 rebounds, and 1 block. It felt like he did SO, SO, SO, much more. That seriously underscores HOW important he was from the 19 min mark in the 2nd half, on forward, once Rowley picked up that terribly called 3rd foul.

Peters came in and simply DOMINATED Warney for a good 5 minute spell. Then he got that phantom foul call.

But, those 5 or so minutes...completely changed the game. At that point, SBU was limited to Sekunda and Woodhouse as their offense AND defense.

A large part of that was because Peters played some great D on Warney.

• Like 2

Yeah, we need that every night from Rich. It's nice to know he has it in him...he just needs to play with that fire more often instead of being the guy who gets stuff by guards a couple times a game, etc.

Very pleased with him and I yelled extra loud and gave him a standing O when he checked out of the game. He deserved it.

This...Peter's performance...is why Coach is just so much better than the other HC's in the league. He publicly, but very positively, needles Peter's in the press (saying he's the nicest guy...so much fun to be around...etc...but he wishes he'd play for 2.5 hours as a mean SOB).

Peter's goes out and does EXACTLY that...to a "T".

Not exactly coincidence.

• Like 1

Interesting stat: Including Kentucky, we lost all of our games by an average of just over 5 points.

In our wins, we have outscored the other team by an average of just over 13 points (I excluded the Oneonta game).

This team has been the weirdest 22 win team I've ever seen...and they frankly should have at least 3-4 more wins.

Truly amazing year considering the loss of Brown and Charles so early in the season, seriously hindering our frontcourt depth.

• Like 1