UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: AE Quarterfinals vs. Hartford 3/2 7pm

The pregame story for that tournament said:

Arena General Manager Bob Belber said Friday night that between 7,000 and 8,000 are expected for the evening session, and as many as one-fourth of them could be walk-ups.
"We already are close to 6,000 (tickets sold), and normally see a walk-up of around 1,500-2,000"
The announced attendance was 6978 so they had much less walk-up than expected. I assume that included all-session passes from the other teams who were no-shows for this game.

That loss stings. And will for some time. However, I'd like to see Coach Brown signed to an extension sooner rather than later. Signed his last extension after the 2013 season..which leaves him with just two more years on his current deal. Since then he's made two NCAA trips, won a regular season title and put together two 24 win seasons..not to mention eight all-academic team members, etc. Way more than deserving..in my opinion.

Another NCAA trip would likely have generated even more interest in him..but he's still at least 110-58 with 3 NCAA trips and 2 other post-season bids over the past 5 seasons. I'd imagine there will be suitors..again.

State contracts are max 5 years...I believe he has 4 remaining. He's more than secure...There was talk of re-upping him last summer and most likely it got done just not announced.

Going to doubt if it was renewed that the press didn't report on it. More likely Benson never re-upped him.

Any interesting fires during the conference tournaments so far? Well outside of UMBC coach lol.

There is language in his contract that he can get a raise without redoing his contract. I would hope after three years straight to the tourney he got a raise with the few interviews he went on. A raise does not need to be announced unless someone asks for the documentation.

By contract extension..and any announcement thereof..I was referring to years instead of dollars. His contract looks to be incentive-laden..so it would certainly make sense if he's earned a decent amount more over the past few years than his base salary. But I'd like to see him extended through 2020-21..which is what it sounds like the max state contract could be.

That loss stings. And will for some time. However, I'd like to see Coach Brown signed to an extension sooner rather than later. Signed his last extension after the 2013 season..which leaves him with just two more years on his current deal. Since then he's made two NCAA trips, won a regular season title and put together two 24 win seasons..not to mention eight all-academic team members, etc. Way more than deserving..in my opinion.

Another NCAA trip would likely have generated even more interest in him..but he's still at least 110-58 with 3 NCAA trips and 2 other post-season bids over the past 5 seasons. I'd imagine there will be suitors..again.

State contracts are max 5 years...I believe he has 4 remaining. He's more than secure...There was talk of re-upping him last summer and most likely it got done just not announced.

Going to doubt if it was renewed that the press didn't report on it. More likely Benson never re-upped him.

Any interesting fires during the conference tournaments so far? Well outside of UMBC coach lol.

Fair enough...not sure why he wasn't given that 1 extra year last year...but maybe a contract doesn't need to be renegotiated every year. Going into next year he'll have three left. He's graduating a lot so if we struggle next year, he's going to be on the wrong side of that initial 5 year deal with 2 years left trying to rebuild.

He's graduating a lot so if we struggle next year, he's going to be on the wrong side of that initial 5 year deal with 2 years left trying to rebuild.

Exactly..which is why I wonder if this is the year he does take an offer from a larger bigger paying school..we shall see. People have to get fire first at those larger schools to make room.

He's graduating a lot so if we struggle next year, he's going to be on the wrong side of that initial 5 year deal with 2 years left trying to rebuild.

Exactly..which is why I wonder if this is the year he does take an offer from a larger bigger paying school..we shall see. People have to get fire first at those larger schools to make room.

According to the article above quoted by Patch...he has two years left now, if there is a tough rebuild season he may only have one year left after that...so the situation I stated above is even more alarming. Next few weeks will be really telling.

I don't see next year as a tough rebuilding year. I've said it several times already, even though UA loses 3 all-conference players I don't see a huge step back. Yet to be seen if the team retains everyone as the transfer bug seems to bit every year, but the team should remain strong:

Stire and Rowley each won a player of the week award and both improved a lot this season.

Cremo was ROY and 6MOY

Ennema will be able to play guard again

Peters returns.

McKinley looks extremely talented and coordinated for his size. He bulked up through the year and could be a force next season.

Nichols has ups and could be the starting PG. He also came out and drained a 3 at the end of the Hartford game.

Andrews showed flashes of ability and won't have the big 3 in front of him.

Travis Charles might return.

Last I heard, Jenkins was still attending and he has been billed as a similar player to Singletary with a better outside shot.

Still have a bunch of spots for recruits, and there are a few offers out that I would be very excited if UA lands them.

There is a lot of money to be had out there and Brown would be crazy not to listen and consider any offers (he is a hot commodity right now.) But I think it would have to be a huge offer to land him. He has built the program from the ground floor, is entrenched in the community, and is on a path (LONG WAY AWAY) to have his name next to Doc's in SEFCU.

Maybe all that is me just wishful thinking, but I don't think the team rebuilding will be the straw that sends him away. It would have to be the $$,$$$,$$$