UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl 2/4 vs Stony Brook

Maybe this is the disappointment of losing another game to a top AE rival talking, but unless we can find some consistency in terms of our numbers 1 and 2 options...we're going to get bounced in the first round. I have very little faith because unlike in years past where we knew going into a game that 2-3 players would produce, this team is an enigma. Obviously I'm hoping I get proved wrong but I'm starting to prepare myself now for another New Hampshire.

Edited by Eli

The fifth on Nichols was a phantom call. Anyone on espn3 see the foul and who he fouled? Live it simply looked like brook heaved a desperation down court, Nichols simply leaped straight in the air like a safety in football and picked it off. I did not see anyone even near him that he could have fouled? Maybe I totally missed something?

The last foul on Nichols was a bad call but Friel seemed to think it was a 50/50 call. Basically, Nichols and the SBU guy were jockeying for position, almost like on the low post. When the all went way over their heads, Nichols quickly shifted from leaning against the defender to backing off to jump and catch the pass. The SBU player did a great job of flailing and flopping to the floor. Even after watching the replay I did not see a push off. That was a huge call because we were down 4 or 5 and would've had the ball and the run would've continued.

It seems that is their strategy. Any sort of contact just go down to the floor and hope you get the call. Well they got the calls today.

The worst call or non-call was the one Brown got the the technical on. Stire was literally shoved from behind and went flying to the ground. No idea what the ref WHO WAS STANDING RIGHT THERE was thinking.

They also missed two blatant travels on SBU late in the game.

Still we had our chances. The run SBU made and our offensive drought during that run cost us the game.

That one Brown got t'ed up on was infuriating. Stire got LAUNCHED into the basket stanchion with not even a look from the ref. Absolute joke. I don't know what it is, but this season I've been wanting to rush onto the court and trip a ref and pretend I'm Grayson Allen. Refs are terrible this year. I literally would have laughed hysterically if that Bill Laubenstein shmuck rolled an ankle or a pulled a hammy. I don't wish a career ending injury on players or refs, but man...some explosive diarrhea or a pulled muscle would have been LOVELY. Wishing the same on the Patriots tomorrow...hopefully they all get a mild case of food poisoning.

Anyone know what happened up on the top track/path way behind section 200? Saw some troopers flying up the steps and I thought I saw a mother or something trying to grab (what I assume) was a kid?

I see a team that has fallen behind the best teams in overall athletic ability. 7-2 on shot blocks is a telling statistic for me. The ESPN announcers were pretty even handed regarding the officiating except for the Stire shove.

I see a team that has fallen behind the best teams in overall athletic ability. 7-2 on shot blocks is a telling statistic for me. The ESPN announcers were pretty even handed regarding the officiating except for the Stire shove.

Always nice to hear the coach come out and say 5-5 is where he thought they'd be.

And by the way eff SB. No one talks about their 3 important players getting arrested last year. It's no different than Bing in 2009. It's almost as if the America east swept it under the rug since that coaching regime is basically gone.

As much as I get on coach I respect the fact that his guys all have clean records.

Edited by UA'08
  • Like 1

I have to disagree with your "athletic ability: assessment. Most players in the ameast are NOT athletically gifted. If they were, they'd probably be in a higher conference. I've said it before {my opinion}; this league is almost always about who can beat-up the other team the most. Albany and of course I am biased [(tries to recruit good athletes and persons of character)] is the exception. I always respect and always for ask other's inputs & opinions, but I cannot accept your assessment that the team brook put on the floor last night and last month has better athletes than UA.

Edited by dslyank

Last comment [i know you are all saying thank god]: I know officiating is never as bad in reality as it appears to the fans in the stands. But if ameast basketball was called with the new ncaa "emphasis" on freedom of movement and keep your hands off players, UA would be better than a 5-5 team. I will not rehash [thank god right] all the bad calls yesterday {there were plenty mentioned on this blog}, but I am so tired of the brutishness this league allows. We should probably play our home games in Casey Stadium.

On a positive note: we are a five hundred team without perhaps our best big man (Lands), without our best 3 point scorer (Andrews-even though this has alway been in doubt), and with an extremely YOUNG team.

And the really good news, unless Mr Grump (no political comment intended) keeps insulting our friends down under, reinforcements on the way.

Edited by dslyank

I have to disagree with your "athletic ability: assessment. Most players in the ameast are NOT athletically gifted. If they were, they'd probably be in a higher conference. I've said it before {my opinion}; this league is almost always about who can beat-up the other team the most. Albany and of course I am biased [(tries to recruit good athletes and persons of character)] is the exception. I always respect and always for ask other's inputs & opinions, but I cannot accept your assessment that the team brook put on the floor last night and last month has better athletes than UA.

I didn't say anything about athletically gifted. It's just that I see more athletic play out of the top teams, especially their front courts. As for beating up, it's attitude in some cases. Stire has it but can't seem to effectively be aggressive without getting into foul trouble. Just my observation. Still love my Danes.

• Like 1

That one Brown got t'ed up on was infuriating. Stire got LAUNCHED into the basket stanchion with not even a look from the ref. Absolute joke. I don't know what it is, but this season I've been wanting to rush onto the court and trip a ref and pretend I'm Grayson Allen. Refs are terrible this year. I literally would have laughed hysterically if that Bill Laubenstein shmuck rolled an ankle or a pulled a hammy. I don't wish a career ending injury on players or refs, but man...some explosive diarrhea or a pulled muscle would have been LOVELY. Wishing the same on the Patriots tomorrow...hopefully they all get a mild case of food poisoning.

Anyone know what happened up on the top track/path way behind section 200? Saw some troopers flying up the steps and I thought I saw a mother or something trying to grab (what I assume) was a kid?

How about my Patriots son :D

Great to be a Boston born sports fan :P

Five and counting

• Like 1

How about my Patriots son :D

Great to be a Boston born sports fan :P

Five and counting

Get that noise out of here. Don't need it on BPF. It's all I see on FB and ESPN. Ugh.

lol :P