UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Big Purple Growl 2/4 vs Stony Brook

Trying to figure this team out. We go as far as Nichols takes us this year.... Joe with almost always get his but if Nichols is off the team really struggles.... We can be very scary in the tournament If Nichols is on...But right now it's almost 50-50 to get a home game .

• Like 1

Trying to figure this team out. We go as far as Nichols takes us this year.... Joe with almost always get his but if Nichols is off the team really struggles.... We can be very scary in the tournament If Nichols is on...But right now it's almost 50-50 to get a home game .

Pretty much what Click said to me. When he's right, he's so right. When he's off, the wheels come off.

Campbell is still raw, but improving quickly. The 3 sophomore starting guards could be very scary for the rest of the AE for the next 2 years. At least that much is something to be happy about.

If Nichols is off, this team plays very average. Cremo seemed afraid tonight. Not sure if the ankle is still bothering him, but something wasn't right. He has been tentative for a while now.

How many minutes did Charles play in the second half? Is he OK? Stire has improved mightily, but Charles is by far the most offensively talented big that the team has. He should have been on the floor.

Last comment on Nichols: I love watching him play when he is on, but I'm starting to get the same feeling watching him that I got when Suero was here. Super talented, but not really playing a team game. Forcing too much and having it hurt the continuity of the offense.

Off to the next. Keep getting better. Hopefully everyone is playing well come tournament time.

Edited by godanesgo99

Officiating horrendous! The fat ref should absolutely be banned. The fifth on Nichols was a phantom call. Anyone on espn3 see the foul and who he fouled? Live it simply looked like brook heaved a desperation down court, Nichols simply leaped straight in the air like a safety in football and picked it off. I did not see anyone even near him that he could have fouled? Maybe I totally missed something?

Prediction: brook will NOT beat us there times this season and it will be a long time before the beat us again period. brook is a team on a decline, unless they got something in the wings; after Woodhouse I see nothing there.

Lastly, the ameast brutal vs skilled digotaomy struck again tonight. Like vt last week, the ameast continues to reward physicality over basketball skill and finesse. {IMHO.}

Can anyone explain or post a link to the replay rules in NCAA basketball? I don't think the officials went to the monitors once. I'd feel much better about the calls if they went to check on some of them.

When the house is packed, and a call goes against the home team, the emotion in the room has an affect on the fans perception of calls, so they may not have been as bad as they felt, but I found myself wanting to throw something at those zebras that seemed to be constantly on their knees blowing the game.

Edited by godanesgo99

Officiating horrendous! The fat ref should absolutely be banned. The fifth on Nichols was a phantom call. Anyone on espn3 see the foul and who he fouled? Live it simply looked like brook heaved a desperation down court, Nichols simply leaped straight in the air like a safety in football and picked it off. I did not see anyone even near him that he could have fouled? Maybe I totally missed something?

Prediction: brook will NOT beat us there times this season and it will be a long time before the beat us again period. brook is a team on a decline, unless they got something in the wings; after Woodhouse I see nothing there.

Lastly, the ameast brutal vs skilled digotaomy struck again tonight. Like vt last week, the ameast continues to reward physicality over basketball skill and finesse. {IMHO.}

Albany was called for the first 4 or 5 fouls in the second half... I knew we were in trouble.

We are beating the bottom half of the conference on talent and losing to the top half by being out-smarted and out-toughed. A little of both tonight.

Having seen the crowd numbers but it seems pretty good.

When CB was a young coach, I thought the older, established coaches got the good whistles by the refs. Now that he's older, I don't know what's going on. Some of it is perception, I guess but there have been some Twilight Zone like games this year with the officiating.

Tough night for Nichols. SB did a nice job taking him out of his game and in fairness, we ask a lot of Nichols. He could learn a lot by watching Woodhouse who did a terrific job of managing the game.

I understand how frustrating this game was, and how bad the calls seemed to be, but I'd really like to our guys STOP complaining to the officials. Just play and don't caught up in it.

Godanes99 pointed it out, Devonte Campbell seems to be getting better and better each game.

Nichols is such a big part of the offense that it's nearly impossible to replace his production when he has games as rough as he did tonight. And he presses so hard when he misses makeable shots early.

Like another poster said..this team has the talent..but has been consistently inconsistent all season. Not unexpected from a young team. If Nichols and Cremo are on..we can beat anyone in this league. If they're not..we're going to struggle with almost anyone.

Officiating was flat out bad tonight. And unfortunately most of the bad calls went against us.

Hope we can finish strong and grab a first round home game.

Nichols is such a big part of the offense that it's nearly impossible to replace his production when he has games as rough as he did tonight. And he presses so hard when he misses makeable shots early.

Like another poster said..this team has the talent..but has been consistently inconsistent all season. Not unexpected from a young team. If Nichols and Cremo are on..we can beat anyone in this league. If they're not..we're going to struggle with almost anyone.

Officiating was flat out bad tonight. And unfortunately most of the bad calls went against us.

They're probably better off on the road.

They're probably better off on the road.

Why?