UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2017-18 Season

I mostly agree with the sentiment that build the base first, raise prices later [marketing 101.] The "actual" ticket prices (to me) seem pretty competitive ; but all the little add-ons are annoying, knit picking and turning people away ----$2 facilities fees {whatever that is, unadvertised, unannounced, not even a sign at the ticket booth--more on this in a minute}, $10 dollars to park @ Dutch, premium game fees, etc. etc. These are the things that annoy. Show the price up front and people can decide to go or not. Get them to the game and knit pick and annoy and they won't come back.

All this being said, something is definitely fishy/wrong/crooked/incompetent where attendance is concerned. I have felt for sometime @ basketball and @ football big games the attendance has been grossly UNDERSTATED. If there was NOT 3000 or pretty damn close @ SEFCU Saturday, than I was also not there (and believe me I was either there or my avatar was.) I do not know if it is incompetence or the accounting/counting is screwed-up, but where $iena announces crowds of 5-6k when there are maybe 2-3k in the place; UA seems to always announce hundreds less than what appears. I do admit there have been occasions where small crowds have been exaggerated, but for the most part attendance always seem understated by UA. At the growl this year it was not a sell out , but it was most definitely over 4000 (3700 reported?)

Speaking of slow and annoying ticket sellers. I have been buying my women's tickets @ the door the past two years and have waited (no exaggeration) 5+ minutes when only one or two people were ahead of me in-line and sefcu empty. We must have dial up wifi for the ticket machines??I would rather blame the machines then the operators??

OK "facilties fee?" At the Drexel lacrosse game I was inline with two friends (I have a season ticket) and observed many customers (including my two friends) hand over $10 or $15 or $20 (thinking exact change) only to be told they owed $2 or $4 more "facilities fees." No sign was posted, only the regular ticket prices. Nearly everyone I watched crumbled as they fumbled in their wallets and purses for another couple of bucks. How is this not annoying! I was embarrassed for the University. For Cornell, I bought the same two tickets online; where I was also charged $4 facilities fee's unadvertised until the check out screen. At least I have the option to negatively roll that amount into my GDAC if I want. But believe it is not the two $, but the knit picking is embarrassing to me and I believe an annoyance to a fragile customer base.

And as long as I am on the rant. It is embarrassing to customer pulling into sefcu lot and being turned away, and annoying to GDAC members who have to wait for them ; and embarrassing for me in BOTH instances.

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 2

I mostly agree with the sentiment that build the base first, raise prices later [marketing 101.] The "actual" ticket prices (to me) seem pretty competitive ; but all the little add-ons are annoying, knit picking and turning people away ----$2 facilities fees {whatever that is, unadvertised, unannounced, not even a sign at the ticket booth--more on this in a minute}, $10 dollars to park @ Dutch, premium game fees, etc. etc. These are the things that annoy. Show the price up front and people can decide to go or not. Get them to the game and knit pick and annoy and they won't come back.

All this being said, something is definitely fishy/wrong/crooked/incompetent where attendance is concerned. I have felt for sometime @ basketball and @ football big games the attendance has been grossly UNDERSTATED. If there was NOT 3000 or pretty damn close @ SEFCU Saturday, than I was also not there (and believe me I was either there or my avatar was.) I do not know if it is incompetence or the accounting/counting is screwed-up, but where $iena announces crowds of 5-6k when there are maybe 2-3k in the place; UA seems to always announce hundreds less than what appears. I do admit there have been occasions where small crowds have been exaggerated, but for the most part attendance always seem understated by UA. At the growl this year it was not a sell out , but it was most definitely over 4000 (3700 reported?)

Speaking of slow and annoying ticket sellers. I have been buying my women's tickets @ the door the past two years and have waited (no exaggeration) 5+ minutes when only one or two people were ahead of me in-line and sefcu empty. We must have dial up wifi for the ticket machines??I would rather blame the machines then the operators??

OK "facilties fee?" At the Drexel lacrosse game I was inline with two friends (I have a season ticket) and observed many customers (including my two friends) hand over $10 or $15 or $20 (thinking exact change) only to be told they owed $2 or $4 more "facilities fees." No sign was posted, only the regular ticket prices. Nearly everyone I watched crumbled as they fumbled in their wallets and purses for another couple of bucks. How is this not annoying! I was embarrassed for the University. For Cornell, I bought the same two tickets online; where I was also charged $4 facilities fee's unadvertised until the check out screen. At least I have the option to negatively roll that amount into my GDAC if I want. But believe it is not the two $, but the knit picking is embarrassing to me and I believe an annoyance to a fragile customer base.

And as long as I am on the rant. It is embarrassing to customer pulling into sefcu lot and being turned away, and annoying to GDAC members who have to wait for them ; and embarrassing for me in BOTH instances.

This last line is beyond pathetic...put a &*$#@G+%$@$#@$@$!@$ sign up that says don't pull your ass in here unless you have one of these and BLOW UP A GIANT PICTURE OF A PARKING TAG. Every game I sit in line where 4 out of every 5 cars are turned around. Can't wait to see how much prices and mandatory donations go up this year to bleed the few season ticket holders we do have. How else are you going to run fans out of the arena without more people in yellow...maybe next year, they can start emptying the place with a minute or two to go...#yogottagoBoo!

Edited by Clickclack

I dont read Harvey Mackays business column much, but one thing he wrote stuck with me - DONT NICKEL AND DIME YOUR CUSTOMERS. He was talking about a law firm itemizing every phone call and photocopy, but the same principle applies. Its just annoying without really adding that much revenue

• Like 1

^^ Sign is always there. People are dumb and don't read it or read it as they're already in the line and have nowhere to go.

Forget the sign.

If we must have so much security at the games, put some of them at the entrance from Western and then section of road by the BBall courts like they did for FB. Check tags THERE. If you have a tag, go left (Western Ave entrance) to the SEFCU lot. If you don't have a tag, take your bum ass around the university circle to the other side of campus and park in the peasants lot!

Edited by Eli

^^ Sign is always there. People are dumb and don't read it or read it as they're already in the line and have nowhere to go.

Forget the sign.

If we must have so much security at the games, put some of them at the entrance from Western and then section of road by the BBall courts like they did for FB. Check tags THERE. If you have a tag, go left (Western Ave entrance) to the SEFCU lot. If you don't have a tag, take your bum ass around the university circle to the other side of campus and park in the peasants lot!

LMAO...don't talk like that...peasants are people too! #ikid!

Edited by Clickclack

Watching some of the MAAC tourney (Sorry Bob.)

Their bracket is built to favor the higher seeds but almost backfired this year. They give the #1 and #2 seeds an extra day between the quarter finals and the semi finals while the #3 and #4 seeds play back to back days. Problem is, the top two seeds were upset so tonight the underdog lower seeds are playing on an extra day of rest. It almost knocked Iona out of the tourney.

DP

I have no problem with 10 of the teams. Went down to support Iona tonight. The place is so much better without the idiots in the stands and without the curse words on the court :)

• Like 1

As for attendance... This administration needs to wake up. They have priced way to many fans out of the building... Need to start offering cheaper ticket options... Attendance all year was disappointing. Need to have $5 or even $2 tickets... Fill the stands THEN think prices.

Do you really think cutting prices in half would double attendance?

Cutting them by 75% would quadruple attendance?

The program is not a money maker as it is. We all want this amenity and that amenity, but also think it's too expensive?

They need to do everything in their power to build a fanbase... Sell out building regularly then start raising prices to maximize profits.

They are doing the opposite... Jacking prices and mandatory donations to buy season tickets... Instead of growing the fanbase and then wonder why people feel priced out.

Marketing 101. Edited by PurpleHoops

As for attendance... This administration needs to wake up. They have priced way to many fans out of the building... Need to start offering cheaper ticket options... Attendance all year was disappointing. Need to have $5 or even $2 tickets... Fill the stands THEN think prices.

Do you really think cutting prices in half would double attendance?

Cutting them by 75% would quadruple attendance?

The program is not a money maker as it is. We all want this amenity and that amenity, but also think it's too expensive?

They need to do everything in their power to build a fanbase... Sell out building regularly then start raising prices to maximize profits.

They are doing the opposite... Jacking prices and mandatory donations to buy season tickets... Instead of growing the fanbase and then wonder why people feel priced out.

Marketing 101.

Will be interesting what route they go next year with the tax changes and if they have to change things up not because of lack of butts in seats but new tax law. I know this article was in December but it does talk about larger schools and how donations are required for certain things and the new tax law.. http://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/politics-columns-blogs/under-the-dome/article190121014.htmlor this newer article about what athletic depts are going to have to do in 2018 and forward http://www.crainscleveland.com/article/20180206/blogs06/151026/tax-law-could-hit-home-major-way-collegiate-athletic-departments

Hopefully they do something that makes sense..... however.... since even their current GDAC pamphlets don't match what the AD says in the Q&A sessions.. I kind of lack the confidence. Or we'll probably never be told the changes.. like other things.. sigh. :)

Edited by MRSGDG