UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Games 13 & 14 vs Stony Brook University 02-20-2021 @ 4:00 PM & 02-21-2021 @ 2:00 PM SEFCU Arena

9 hours ago, Eli said:

He said that? Openly? In an interview? Not sure I agree with that strategy...our best years were when our core 4-5 guys were 4 year players...look where our teams have been when our core has been JUCO fill-ins (like this year). Mediocre at best.

Yes.  He said it openly . The interview was posted here sometime before the season.  Click stated the exactly the reasons. 

I understand the year contract is not great but that's essentially what he was on this year. Remember that.  Toss this year up to a loss, give him 1 more year. Just my thoughts. 3 years would be bad, but I would have no choice to accept it . A different direction would be refreshing (however the grass is not always greener) . I would like to see the 1 year show me deal ( or max 2 years) . Maybe not realistic but who knows. 

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Yes.  He said it openly . The interview was posted here sometime before the season.  Click stated the exactly the reasons. 

I understand the year contract is not great but that's essentially what he was on this year. Remember that.  Toss this year up to a loss, give him 1 more year. Just my thoughts. 3 years would be bad, but I would have no choice to accept it . A different direction would be refreshing (however the grass is not always greener) . I would like to see the 1 year show me deal ( or max 2 years) . Maybe not realistic but who knows. 

One year would kill recruiting. 

24 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

One year would kill recruiting. 

Again he was on a 1 year this year. (Last year of contract,  which means a 1 year deal) Got like 7 new faces.  Not saying it was a great year but please remember that.  

A lot of u are missing the point.  I'm saying this year was a free year (did not cost anyone a year of eligabilty) in other words next year could be a redo year.  If almost everyone stays (a big if) then it's the same as this year . That's all I'm saying . Give Brown a chance with this group over a full year. It's no different then this year.  If they succeed recruits will come.  If they don't then a new coach would want his own guys anyway.  

Try this . Close your eyes . Pretend this year didn't exist.  ( I wish) and open them back up. Give the team a full year to gel with a 1 year deal. Not perfect . But I do believe this team has talent . 

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

I think Brown would rather part ways than a one year deal. 

You would think wrong . AE is one of the lowest conferences in D1. Has had 3 bad years in a row . Where is he going to go? Family lives in the Captial District for 20 years. If he had the chance to stay here, turn things around he would. One more year is an additional over 300K. I'm not sure your financial situation but that's a lot of money for me.  

You guys are probably right.  It's going to be a 2 year deal or more.  Or letting Brown go outright.  Hopefully we win the next 4 or so games and we don't need to worry about it.  

Edited by UA1882

Getting back to yesterdays game. That was one of the worse all around performances of a UA team in a long time; and there has been some pretty bad ones the last few years. Players, coaches et ALL did not do their jobs. I really doubt this team can make a run in the tournament. I HOPE I'm wrong.

I'm not going to get into the coach go-no-go discussion; but will say IMHO you guys should be screaming for the head of the man who decides whether Brown goes or not. The state of UA athletics is bad/AWFUL across the board; not just basketball. {and please don't tell me football is back---we will see???}

Edited by dslyank
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

You would think wrong . AE is one of the lowest conferences in D1. Has had 3 bad years in a row . Where is he going to go? Family lives in the Captial District for 20 years. If he had the chance to stay here, turn things around he would. One more year is an additional over 300K. I'm not sure your financial situation but that's a lot of money for me.  

You guys are probably right.  It's going to be a 2 year deal or more.  Or letting Brown go outright.  Hopefully we win the next 4 or so games and we don't need to worry about it.  

It’s a ton of money. You said it yourself 3 bad years in a row why would the admin give him a one year contract at the same rate of $300k plus. At that point you just cut ties.

Good win.  Played much better defense today.  Offense did just enough.  But again things went well for this team and they won. They can't have anything go wrong.  Very soft. 

Would like to see them put consecutive games together. There is talent here. I don't care if they lose in this tournament but I want to see them play well. 

I see CB getting another 5 year extension looking at Benson track record.  Think the Gattuso contract I remember the uproar from that.  We have split the season series between UVM and UNH.  We would have against UMBC if the last second shot had gone in that is the top 3 in the AE.  If I am Benson I see progress in a crazy year.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Look around and take stock of the environment we are in especially with the transfer sit out rule being waved. Mids and lows will be feeder programs for P5...as soon as you develop a kid he'll split. Need to adjust to new reality and that will be increasingly taking cast offs from P5 programs. There is talent to be found there...

I actually thought the staff did do a good job doing this year with Doles and Champion.

The brutal thing about this season, with no preseason and very little practice is that it did no favors to teams built this way since they had no time to figure things out collectively. The teams returning the most experience had an advantage this year. It's no surprise that UNH, UMBC and Vermont had the most returning minutes coming into the season and finished in the top 3 spots. They all returned their PGs and usually their SG as well.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

I see CB getting another 5 year extension looking at Benson track record.  Think the Gattuso contract I remember the uproar from that.  We have split the season series between UVM and UNH.  We would have against UMBC if the last second shot had gone in that is the top 3 in the AE.  If I am Benson I see progress in a crazy year.  

Benson has his favorite coaches that he likes to go out and have a few... and those he doesn't like or has never liked from the beginning. Don't assume all coaches are treated the same. (His same attitude with various UA staff) 🍻

Edited by MRSGDG
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Hiring a new coach is no guarantee of success, further the season is not over....so the discussion on coaching changes is premature...just saying

As a state employee under contract how far in advance is the state required to tell staff if they are getting an extension or not?