UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Well, this is it. Most important game of the year. Win and the dream is still alive, as a 6-3 conference record "could" get an at large playoff bid. Lose and the rest of the season is for experience only.

We all knew that this schedule was going to be a tough one with NDSU and SU on the schedule, but I don't think anyone thought the team would be winless at this point.

Edited by godanesgo99

Now up to 80-90% chance of rain. Six weeks ago I would have predicted me sitting in the rain to see this game. Now...not a chance. 0-5 and going no where fast. Can’t hold a lead. Can’t execute on special teams. Star QB benched because....why? GG wanted it that way? Only one RB used. If ANYONE from the the athletic department is reading this...I’ve been a fan since the program started in 1970....I’ve been a season ticket holder since Casey opened...you are losing a loyal fan base and based on long experience, the students aren’t interested most of the time. DO SOMETHING! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Now up to 80-90% chance of rain. Six weeks ago I would have predicted me sitting in the rain to see this game. Now...not a chance. 0-5 and going no where fast. Can’t hold a lead. Can’t execute on special teams. Star QB benched because....why? GG wanted it that way? Only one RB used. If ANYONE from the the athletic department is reading this...I’ve been a fan since the program started in 1970....I’ve been a season ticket holder since Casey opened...you are losing a loyal fan base and based on long experience, the students aren’t interested most of the time. DO SOMETHING! 

Spectrum Weather is stating possible downpours starting between 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM on Saturday.... My wife is now out for Saturday....my last comment on firing Greg Gattuso... losing games in it self is not probable cause to fire Greg (in particular with 3 conference losses totaling 14 points)....with one year left on Greg's contract ... we have to pay out the final year ... no easy thing for a cash strapped athletic program .... Mark Benson is sweating this one out .... Mark is praying for 3 or 4 victories to avoid a post season exist of players ... a horrible recruitment season ..... no matter Greg Gattuso contract will be allowed to expire after next season.....like Jimbo, I have followed the Great Danes since 1970....DIII, DII ...University Field for DI.....the way things have pan out in the CAA has been rough...not acceptable

Edited by cwdickens

The current National Weather Service forecast for Saturday: 

A chance of showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 75. South wind 8 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 31 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Saturday Night:

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers. Low around 49. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

This is OUTRAGEOUS. Shame on Mark Benson and the UAlbany Athletic Administration.

I know I'm a broken record but...

How do the people in charge not realize they are NEGATIVELY impacting attendance by jacking up prices for things like parking? These people need to register for an ECON 101 class at UA, STAT!

People choosing to not go to games because of expensive parking = less ticket revenue = less concession revenue.
People going to games because of free parking = more ticket revenue = more concession revenue.

How do they not get this? This doesn't matter to the single guy or single attendee but it is CRITICAL for families who want to enjoy football as a family.

I guess UAlbany thinks they can recoup all of the lost ticket/concession money with the parking money? I highly doubt it. Highly highly doubt it.

I ask myself how much longer I'm going to support the AD...might have to stop until both Gattuso and Benson are gone.

Edited by Eli

Not sure how you come up with the theory that parking costs don't matter to single people as it increases the cost of attendance in a percentage basis higher than it does for families. 🤣

I don't think parking should ever be more than the ticket costs although as an example occasionally for the NY Mets it is

• Thanks 1

The last homecoming they parked us off the end of the podium...and that was with a parking pass for a GDAC contri. I was prepared for another long walk this weekend. But it appears my long walk will be the 20' or so from my recliner to the kitchen for a fresh pale ale. 

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2021 at 7:00 AM, jimbo said:

I'm going to basketball scrimmage but will avoid this debacle like the plague that it is...