UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Buffalo and Stony Brook designated SUNY flagships

reeder

5 minutes ago, Jammaster said:

It would be nice if this were universally true, but some places or professions absolutely weigh pedigree among their major hiring decisions.

Disagree, but I guess every situation can be different based on the person doing the hiring. It’s not like UA is a community college and Stony Brook is like an IVY. 

20 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Disagree, but I guess every situation can be different based on the person doing the hiring. It’s not like UA is a community college and Stony Brook is like an IVY. 

Didn't say that. Said it's not true that reputation is irrelevant at some jobs. You don't even get glance from a place like McKinsey if you didn't goto the right school.

I’d love to see Nano back at UA. It made zero sense to me that it was transferred to SUNY IT. It’s an Albany baby and is right across the street (literally) from UA. Politics and corruption. I think far more is hidden than has seen the light of day. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I’d love to see Nano back at UA. It made zero sense to me that it was transferred to SUNY IT. It’s an Albany baby and is right across the street (literally) from UA. Politics and corruption. I think far more is hidden than has seen the light of day. 

Agreed...highly probable this was used to placate UA leadership to not put up a stink. I'm very happy about this being the tradeoff. This needs to now happen and not an empty promise. This was always UAs baby. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

It was mentioned some years ago that CNSE had a large amount of debt (from specialized construction and equipment purchases) and I hope we don't get saddled with all of it as a price for getting it back.

With the chip shortage and a likely push to do more production domestically (I hope...don’t get me started), you’d think there’d be plenty of investment and research $ floating around...you’d think. But sometimes the sausage rots before it gets made. 

• 2 weeks later...

You are out of touch....the move is deemed a political move for votes on Long Island and western New York....a group of NYS senators and assembly members have called the governor out on this announcement .... my understanding is that a bill will be introduced this session to include Albany and Binghamton as Flagship schools

7 hours ago, cwdickens said:

You are out of touch....the move is deemed a political move for votes on Long Island and western New York....a group of NYS senators and assembly members have called the governor out on this announcement .... my understanding is that a bill will be introduced this session to include Albany and Binghamton as Flagship schools

If true, and I'm not doubting you at all, this would be wonderful.  Question is, how much support does this have to get passed.  

8 hours ago, cwdickens said:

It's like we can never win and this state hates us. If only we could secede and join another state, one that can give a crap.

The capital can relocate to Syracuse or Binghamton. We'd be better off joining say Connecticut, a state that cares.

1 hour ago, scrabbleship said:

It's like we can never win and this state hates us. If only we could secede and join another state, one that can give a crap.

The capital can relocate to Syracuse or Binghamton. We'd be better off joining say Connecticut, a state that cares.

Please before you respond next time:

1.  take a deep breath
  2.  exhale
  3. think about you want to say
  4.  write
  5.  proof read what you wrote
  6.  ask yourself does this make any sense
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Please before you respond next time:

1.  take a deep breath
  2.  exhale
  3. think about you want to say
  4.  write
  5.  proof read what you wrote
  6.  ask yourself does this make any sense

New York has consistently treated its Capital Region like garbage. What good do we get being a part of that state?

Even if you cut the state in two Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse would still dump on Albany somehow and truth be told Albany has more in common with New England than them.

• 2 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:10 PM, dslyank said:

Also; in her State Address she said UAlbany and Nano should RE-COMBINE. Not that this is going to happen; but what does that mean for Utica & Rochester Nano facilities??

HERE's HOPING!

Now that the budget has passed, does this mean UAlbany & Nano can go forward with re-combining?? Or was/is that a separate legislative issue?? Or was that just Hochol State Address idyll political chit-chat?????????

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Now that the budget has passed, does this mean UAlbany & Nano can go forward with re-combining?? Or was/is that a separate legislative issue?? Or was that just Hochol State Address idyll political chit-chat?????????

I saw Albany area state legislator McDonald talking up how the budget benefited UAlbany ... I was distracted by something and did not catch the story.