UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

No one is going to want to work for Benson if they have half a brain.

The Holy Trinity of firings would be: DK (not because of performance but seems inevitable due to allegations), Gattuso and Benson.

6 minutes ago, Eli said:

No one is going to want to work for Benson if they have half a brain.

The Holy Trinity of firings would be: DK (not because of performance but seems inevitable due to allegations), Gattuso and Benson.

Gattuso 'aint going nowhere with that contract that fool gave him...who's going to buy out like 900k?

Just reading on the America East Forum site and someone posted that Benson tried to cover the incident up but the players family went to Rodriguez.  If true, Benson is gone.  And I could see Benson covering it up cause he just brought DK in, did a decent job and didnt want to want to start over and his hire was a bad one.  Can guarantee if this happened a year and half ago with CB, he would covered nothing and booted him immediately.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Let me be clear here: I don't know what happened as a fact. What I do know, as the General Counsel of a rather large international organization, is that if this was on social media and had to deal with our company, we would have our comms people out there denying the allegation if, in fact, it were not true because this level of allegation is an impactful one. So, the lack of a statement by the ADept is telling, IMHO...and my opinion is worth about .02.

And then there is this tweet:

However, Samurai CANNOT CONFIRM the exact details of the *alleged* incident.

This is why they have 350 followers.  Who in their right mind posts something like their initial post and not have the exact details.  Crazy.  

1 minute ago, UA1882 said:

This is why they have 350 followers.  Who in their right mind posts something like their initial post and not have the exact details.  Crazy.  

About 49.1% of this country?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Just reading on the America East Forum site and someone posted that Benson tried to cover the incident up but the players family went to Rodriguez.  If true, Benson is gone.  And I could see Benson covering it up cause he just brought DK in, did a decent job and didnt want to want to start over and his hire was a bad one.  Can guarantee if this happened a year and half ago with CB, he would covered nothing and booted him immediately.  

Zero doubt about that...which means he feels his fate is tied to DK. 

11 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

That's why I think I commented earlier that waiting for corroboration. Either local scribes or someone like Goodman. Right now I have not seen this anywhere else. The school will have to respond now that the local scribes are on the trail of this plus others. We'll know more soon. 

Edited by Clickclack

2 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

That's why I think I commented earlier that waiting for corroboration. Either local scribes or someone like Goodman. Right now I have not seen this anywhere else. The school will have to respond now that the local scribes are on the trail of this plus others. We'll know more soon. 

Multiple coaches in the industry are discussing this and have heard a similar story. So I agree, if it is not a true story...even remotely true, then UA needs to get out in front of it NOW. 

5 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Multiple coaches in the industry are discussing this and have heard a similar story. So I agree, if it is not a true story...even remotely true, then UA needs to get out in front of it NOW. 

Are they discussing it on Twitter or another platform.  If so can you post some examples?  Are they supporting Killings or against him ? 

Goodman just posted this :

The investigation involves Killings striking a player prior to the game, source told

. Killings claims it was accidental. The incident wasn’t reported to adminstration until late in the season. Sprked an Investigation that includes majority of the team being interviewed.