UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

7 hours ago, McFan said:

Yup.  Watching Fox News is why a Coach assaulted him (plea deal).  And Fox News is clearly why this coach still has a job.  And Fox News helped the school try to hide the entire incident.   My long way of asking WTH does Fox News have to do with any of this?

Maybe someone should point blank ask the coach “what happened”?  And see if he continues to dodge the question.  “Was it in a hype circle or was that a lie”?  “Coach at what age is it okay for a coach to assault one of your kids in the manner that you assaulted a player”?  Rodgers got some time now that the AB situation has played out.  

Why anyone supports this coach is beyond me.  This issue combined w what can only be described as terrible results.

Take a deep breath.  My point is that calling a white kid a protected class is a novel approach.  I'm actually surprised some of the screeching weasels on Fox News or any of the other replacement theory anti-woke catastrophists haven't jumped on this story.  I have a feeling that if this isn't settled, or dismissed we're gonna hear more about this, potentially in the national news for that element.

I do agree that his results have been horrible, but in his defense, last year had everything stacked against them, especially their practice and facility issues.  For that alone, I think he's gets another year.

As far as the above-mentioned lawsuit, etc, I'll wait til a jury of their peers decides before passing judgement.  Isn't that how our legal system is supposed to work?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Take a deep breath.  My point is that calling a white kid a protected class is a novel approach.  I'm actually surprised some of the screeching weasels on Fox News or any of the other replacement theory anti-woke catastrophists haven't jumped on this story.  I have a feeling that if this isn't settled, or dismissed we're gonna hear more about this, potentially in the national news for that element.

I do agree that his results have been horrible, but in his defense, last year had everything stacked against them, especially their practice and facility issues.  For that alone, I think he's gets another year.

As far as the above-mentioned lawsuit, etc, I'll wait til a jury of their peers decides before passing judgement.  Isn't that how our legal system is supposed to work?

Sorry.  You’re previous comment doesn’t jive w “I’ll wait til a jury….”.

Nobody will change anybody’s mind but I’ll safely assume if the races were reversed we wouldn’t be talking about this.  The coach would be gone and there’d be a bunch of additional training for everyone else.

16 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

do agree that his results have been horrible, but in his defense, last year had everything stacked against them, especially their practice and facility issues.  For that alone, I think he's gets another year.

++

While everyone is welcome to their opinion, I still do not see why so many automatically think DK us guilty. 

Is it so hard to believe that Fiz is a spoiled brat that made the whole story up.

consider:  one court has dismissed already; another has rejected at least ½ of Fiz's case; NOT a single shred of evidence or confirmation by a single player or witness has ever been put forward. And please do not tell me DK admitted to anything other than accidental incidental contact.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dslyank said:

While everyone is welcome to their opinion, I still do not see why so many automatically think DK us guilty. 

Is it so hard to believe that Fiz is a spoiled brat that made the whole story up.

consider:  one court has dismissed already; another has rejected at least ½ of Fiz's case; NOT a single shred of evidence or confirmation by a single player or witness has ever been put forward. And please do not tell me DK admitted to anything other than accidental incidental contact.

I can only speak for one and I'm not saying that he's guilty in a court of law.  But how I get there is easy.  Something happened.  One side is offering a very detailed and specific story.  The other side tried to hide it.  One side refuses to talk about it.  The other side is very willing to discuss.  The dismissal was a deal and not just a dismissal.  Again something happened, maybe not enough evidence to prove it doesn't mean it didn't happen.  Every assistant coach exiting the building means something to me.  I can tell you if I've done nothing wrong I'm singing from the rooftop that I've done nothing wrong. I'd tell you exactly what happened.  I'd call the kid a liar.  I wouldn't take a deal.  I wouldn't allow myself to be fined and suspended (even if it was a joke of a fine and suspension).  That's why I feel that Luke at least has a leg to stand on here.  Does he have enough in a court of law?  Who knows.   Was the school pressured by outside forces to reverse it's decision to fire him?  I don't know but it certainly isn't beyond the scope of reality.  Was this decision at least partly because of race?   I don't know but it certainly isn't beyond the scope of reality.  Activist groups are very powerful.

Again not sure what is provable enough for a legal and/or a civil case but the actions (after the fact) by the school and the coach leave me with enough smoke to think that there may have been a fire.  

And as far as the practice facilities as an excuse for last year?  See UVM for my rebuttal.  

• Like 1

You are welcome to your opinion that something happened and I really do not want to rehash old speculations. But I will say everyone of your arguments can have very reasonable rebuttals. Innocent people take plea deals everyday, for any number of reasons. If Fiz is so open to discussion, why did he wait 4 months to discuss. As far as DK being silent, I'm not a lawyer, but pretty sure in a civil case, he is bound by law NOT to discuss the case and likewise the University. And all these assistants' that left, are now certainly free to provide expert witness against or for DK.

Believe what you want. I'am waiting to hear what they and actual witness' have to say.

30 minutes ago, dslyank said:

You are welcome to your opinion that something happened and I really do not want to rehash old speculations. But I will say everyone of your arguments can have very reasonable rebuttals. Innocent people take plea deals everyday, for any number of reasons. If Fiz is so open to discussion, why did he wait 4 months to discuss. As far as DK being silent, I'm not a lawyer, but pretty sure in a civil case, he is bound by law NOT to discuss the case and likewise the University. And all these assistants' that left, are now certainly free to provide expert witness against or for DK.

Believe what you want. I'am waiting to hear what they and actual witness' have to say.

Correct, he could under a gag order, or even be covered on his NDA with the school.  Calling Fiz a protected class smells of a legal fiction to me, or someone trying to threaten get this to a much larger audience, get paid to avoid bad publicity and get a settlement. Happens ALL the time.  People frequently threaten bad press in a losing suit just to get the payout.  

• Like 1

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa a coach was mean to me and pushed me while trying to get me and the rest of the team pumped up after losing a bunch of games to open the year. Waahhhhhaaa he hurt me real bad and caused me to bleed, but I was still ok to play multiple minutes in that game. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I couldn't turn the situation into a scholarship I didn't deserve, so I guess I'll sue. waaaaaaaaaaaaa. 

Until a court of law or actual witnesses say otherwise, this is what I choose to believe. You are free to have your own take on it, just like everyone else is. 

Until there is more REAL CONCRETE INFO any further speculation in this thread is an utter waste of time. 

Edited by godanesgo99
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Wish this could get settled before season starts up to and including pay this kid who didn't get a scholarship and sued to go away. There will be a price to pay for striking a kid so just pay it if possible. Unless there was no physical contact, in that case stand firm on principal but we all know something likely happened. 

In the interest of the school and program, close the book on this sordid chapter ASAP and move on. That way the alleged victim can move on with his life, the coaches, kids and school can move on. 

• Like 1

With all due respect to Clickclack's position, I offer my thoughts against settling at this time.

1. The University at Albany and the Athletic Department is represented by the Attorney General's Office of the State of New York.  So, unless the University and Athletic Department are responsible for reimbursing the AG's office for the cost of representing both, there is no incentive to bring this to a conclusion based on legal fees cost.
  2. The University and the Athletic Department wants to exercise their right to defend the decision in open court whether you and I feel that the decision to punish and not dismiss Killings for cause was the appropriate course of action.
  3. Luke and his legal team's settlement amount is likely unknow and why should the University and the Athletic Department send a signal that they do not want to defend their decision. 

Lastly, the damage to the program or the repair of the program cannot be tied to this incident.  I have always believed the damage to the program occurred when the portal changes enable student-athletes to move easily from school to school and other decision(s) made by the Athletic Department senior managers (Mark & Vic).

31 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

With all due respect to Clickclack's position, I offer my thoughts against settling at this time.

1. The University at Albany and the Athletic Department is represented by the Attorney General's Office of the State of New York.  So, unless the University and Athletic Department are responsible for reimbursing the AG's office for the cost of representing both, there is no incentive to bring this to a conclusion based on legal fees cost.
  2. The University and the Athletic Department wants to exercise their right to defend the decision in open court whether you and I feel that the decision to punish and not dismiss Killings for cause was the appropriate course of action.
  3. Luke and his legal team's settlement amount is likely unknow and why should the University and the Athletic Department send a signal that they do not want to defend their decision. 

Lastly, the damage to the program or the repair of the program cannot be tied to this incident.  I have always believed the damage to the program occurred when the portal changes enable student-athletes to move easily from school to school and other decision(s) made by the Athletic Department senior managers (Mark & Vic).

That's your expert legal advice?  I specifically refer to your first point as incorrect, so the rest is incorrect.   And before you have a snarky answer, I am pretty familiar as to the process of defense for a public entity in NYS and when the AG's office has the "total" authority to step in and make decisions on the behalf of the University.

I will make this short and sweet for you: your statement is incorrect, and the University does have some latitude here on settlement.  

Edited by Dane96
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2023 at 12:21 PM, Dane96 said:

That's your expert legal advice?  I specifically refer to your first point as incorrect, so the rest is incorrect.   And before you have a snarky answer, I am pretty familiar as to the process of defense for a public entity in NYS and when the AG's office has the "total" authority to step in and make decisions on the behalf of the University.

I will make this short and sweet for you: your statement is incorrect, and the University does have some latitude here on settlement.  

Your reply is utter nonsense as in no way offers counter arguments to against settling the case at this time.  I offered no comments on who has the decision-making power and your comments on the decision-making power is all over the place.

Oh, by the way, I was offering a counter opinion to Clickclack's opinion, not legal advice as I am not an attorney.