UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Allegations swirling...

4 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Stop right there.  In today's age, you cannot push a kid.  Agree with that statement or not, that's the way the world works today.   

True. It’s amazing how you can push a kid after he makes game winning shot, slap him on the chest, and put him in a headlock. As long as it’s all fun it’s good!

Where do you draw the line? Is it okay for me to push my boss back if he/she gets in my face for not doing my job correctly? Just because it's in sports doesn't make it okay. It has nothing to do with wussification (trust me, I'm as anti-PC as they come but have to bite my tongue 99% of the time). No one should be touching anyone. Only contact should be on the court, between two opposing teams, with zebra's all around officiating.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I disagree with this if it's in context. Coaches need to be tough with the kids. If a kid is dogging it and not pushing himself or being a team players I want a coach to get in the kids face. If the kid pushes back and argues, I can see a chest bump. If the kid initiates contact, the coach should push him off. The BS that adults (18+) can't have contact as long as it's in context is one of the biggest problems with the wussification of our youth. I know that's not politically correct, but the millennial give me everything mindset is rampant because there are no consequences. 

Again, the situation I posted is completely hypothetical. I'd support DK if my FAKE and COMPLETELY made up situation was the actual case.

Obviously if it was defensive in that the kid physically went after DK, that's a different story. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I disagree with this if it's in context. Coaches need to be tough with the kids. If a kid is dogging it and not pushing himself or being a team players I want a coach to get in the kids face. If the kid pushes back and argues, I can see a chest bump. If the kid initiates contact, the coach should push him off. The BS that adults (18+) can't have contact as long as it's in context is one of the biggest problems with the wussification of our youth. I know that's not politically correct, but the millennial give me everything mindset is rampant because there are no consequences. 

Again, the situation I posted is completely hypothetical. I'd support DK if my FAKE and COMPLETELY made up situation was the actual case.

It's an assault.  End discussion.  Again, I said you don't have to agree with the direction the world has taken however, it is usually an immediate dismissal for any sort of physical altercation.  

Believe me, I had numerous tough and physical coaches in the past however, that era is a bygone.  Just look at all the coaches removed recently.  The other thing to remember is that this was elevated so the player clearly was not happy with the situation after all.  

15 minutes ago, Eli said:

Where do you draw the line? Is it okay for me to push my boss back if he/she gets in my face for not doing my job correctly? Just because it's in sports doesn't make it okay. It has nothing to do with wussification (trust me, I'm as anti-PC as they come but have to bite my tongue 99% of the time). No one should be touching anyone. Only contact should be on the court, between two opposing teams, with zebra's all around officiating.

Obviously, someone in a leadership role can not initiate contact in an angry way, but thats not what I said. In my FAKE MADE UP EXAMPLE I said the player got in his face and DK pushed him off harder than expected causing the kid to fall accidentally. Again completely fictitious scenario. 

Here is another one... While running a pre-game practice DK doesn't think the kid is boxing out hard enough. Coach gets on the floor and overexaggerates a box out example, causing him to hit the kid and the kid falls. Kid takes it personally at first because the coach yelled at him. 

I am just spitballing scenarios that would explain why we haven't seen a mass exodus over the last 2 weeks. 

• Like 3

So I only know one person that is in "the know" and he stated the following to me:

He believes Killings hit a walk on just prior to a game in November.  My guess is Luke. 

He stated it was not the worse thing ever, the issue is that it was covered up. 

Stated the Albany President is out of the state, somewhere south.  

Decision will be made after the final four. 

His opinion is that both Killings and Benson will be gone. He stated it was not because of the initial incident but because of the cover up. Basically because of the world today and the damage to the school if allowed to keep coaching.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

So I only know one person that is in "the know" and he stated the following to me:

He believes Killings hit a walk on just prior to a game in November.  My guess is Luke. 

His opinion is that both Killings and Benson will be gone. He stated it was not because of the initial incident but because of the cover up. Basically because of the world today and the damage to the school if allowed to keep coaching.  

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWq5KDrDeE2/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nice little slam here by Luke after the EIU game. Wanted no part of the celebration. This makes for a nice low budget movie.

13 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

It actually matches what I heard late last night as well from three sources.  I was also told that the walk-on was promised a scholarship at the end of the year. It's kind of interesting to wonder if promises weren't kept and that's why it made it up the ladder later in the year. Apparently the students parents went directly to senior leader ship outside of the athletic department. Now that you stated it publicly I felt more comfortable posting what I had heard, again not knowing if any of this is accurate or otherwise it's just the scuttlebutt at the highest level and Through my connections with at the University and within the college coaching world.  If indeed the player was told he was getting a scholarship to let it slide, I think that's personally disgusting and it could've been handled a completely different way if it was really not that big of a deal.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Nice little slam here by Luke after the EIU game. Wanted no part of the celebration. This makes for a nice low budget movie.

If this is the incident in question, then this is ridiculous. I have to believe it's something more or else my belief in humanity it's just out the doorIf this is the incident and question, then this is ridiculous. I have to believe it's something more or else my belief in humanity it's just out the door

Edited by Dane96

If true, this throws my hypothetical thought experiment out the window. Promising a scholarship to cover it up would mean an immediate dismissal for anyone involved in the cover up. Unless of course the coach was working for UVM, then of course nothing happens.

If the scholarship offer then wasn't honored it would be even worse. I mean I don't know the severity of the incident, and if it was minor like my hypothetical, then I could see a way to keep everyone through explanation, apology, and honoring the deal, but as soon as the coverup happened, and potentially offers not kept, then everyone involved needs to be gone as soon as the investigation is complete.

If it was Luke, that's sad. I mean the kid followed DK here from Marquette. There had to be some form of a good relationship there before.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

If this is the incident and question, then this is ridiculous. I have to believe it's something more or else my belief in humanity it's just out the doorIf this is the incident and question, then this is ridiculous. I have to believe it's something more or else my belief in humanity it's just out the door

The incident apparently occurred before the game . Not after.  

Just now, Dane96 said:

If this is the incident and question, then this is ridiculous. I have to believe it's something more or else my belief in humanity it's just out the doorIf this is the incident and question, then this is ridiculous. I have to believe it's something more or else my belief in humanity it's just out the door

Not saying this was the exact incident. But just from digging you can see Luke did throw down his fist a little harder than you’d normally see after a huddle break. So maybe the incident happened before this game? It seems to me it could have been two close people that are actually close that got a little heated with each other?

Just so confused as to where the cover up is in this. Clearly the coach can’t lay his hands on another player, but if said player is fine with what happened and played on with the rest of the season what exactly is being covered up?

20 minutes ago, UA'08 said:

Have you ever been in the huddle when someone dumps Gatorade? That mess is disgustingly sticky as it dries. I'd want no part of it either if it wasn't being directly dumped on my head.