UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

59 minutes ago, statefan said:

I see we have exhibitions with Skidmore and St. Rose.  I assume this is accurate even though I did not get it from Instagram.

Per MBB Instagram post, exhibition games - 10/30 3:00 PM vs Skidmore at HVCC and 11/2 7:00 PM vs St. Rose at St. Rose. Does that mean they are open?

16 hours ago, tnehurley said:

Per MBB Instagram post, exhibition games - 10/30 3:00 PM vs Skidmore at HVCC and 11/2 7:00 PM vs St. Rose at St. Rose. Does that mean they are open?

Was the travel budget for exhibition games cut to nothing? ... I hope DK would a couple D1 schools ... from other comments ... sounds like they could use a higher competition.

Edited by cwdickens
grammar

40 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

Was the travel budget for exhibition games cut to nothing? ... I hope the play a couple D1 schools ... from other comments ... sounds like they could use a higher competition.

Unless the NCAA changed the rules, you could have closed "secret" scrimmages against D1 schools or open exhibition games vs lower division teams before the official start of the season. 

12 hours ago, bob87 said:

Unless the NCAA changed the rules, you could have closed "secret" scrimmages against D1 schools or open exhibition games vs lower division teams before the official start of the season. 

In that context, playing Skidmore and St. Rose makes sense, fans get a couple of more opportunities to see the team however does the team get any benefit.  I am not sure how good St. Rose is this year.

This may explain our exhibitions, Immaculata, and Union games.  So he misses one D1 game. 

“Per UAlbany, Dwayne Killings' five-game suspension will include the exhibition games against Skidmore Oct. 30 and Saint Rose Nov. 2 and won't include the Albany Cup game Nov. 12 vs. Siena. He also won't coach Nov. 7 at Towson, Nov. 8 at Immaculata and Nov. 14 vs. Union”  

Singleis tweeted   

On 9/13/2022 at 7:28 PM, cwdickens said:

From my earlier comment:  my question: Is the suspension to be served at the commencement of the season or can DK select the 5 games to meet the terms of the suspension?  Hopefully, Mark or one of subordinates responds to this question.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:19 PM, bob87 said:

Every similar suspension I have saw in NCAA was the next games , not coaches choice 

39 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

This may explain our exhibitions, Immaculata, and Union games.  So he misses one D1 game. 

“Per UAlbany, Dwayne Killings' five-game suspension will include the exhibition games against Skidmore Oct. 30 and Saint Rose Nov. 2 and won't include the Albany Cup game Nov. 12 vs. Siena. He also won't coach Nov. 7 at Towson, Nov. 8 at Immaculata and Nov. 14 vs. Union”  

Singleis tweeted   

I guess DK was allowed to pick and choose which games he serves the suspension, including the games against three D3 schools and one D2 school ... I saw this one coming and how is the suspension really part of the punishment?  This was done to avoid the embarrassing reminder of DK's poor judgement from last season.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

19 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I guess DK was allowed to pick and choose which games he serves the suspension, including the games against three D3 schools and one D2 school ... I saw this one coming and how is the suspension really part of the punishment?  This was done to avoid the embarrassing reminder of DK's poor judgement from last season.

THought the same thing. It's actually very disappointing and teaches young men nothing.  Look, we don't know what went down but this....this is a hollow punishment.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

THought the same thing. It's actually very disappointing and teaches young men nothing.  Look, we don't know what went down but this....this is a hollow punishment.  

I have emailed Mark and Vic asking if the University will be making an announcement with explanation.  I expect that they are headed for the hills ... if Dwayne was forced to sit out the Albany Cup game this would bring out:

• a glaring reminder of last spring events 
  • the potential call that Dwayne is being treated unfairly from community members

3 hours ago, Dane96 said:

The biggest statement on the punishment is that it is more punishment to have to see the $ienaheads than to serve in order. The rest of the oppenents including exhibitions in the suspension is weak. Certainly seems likely a Benson decision 

• Thanks 1

Would we have seen all these D2 and D3 schools as exhibitions and OOC games if DK was not facing a 5-game suspension?  I heard lots of talk since DK arrival of the need to play a competitive OOC schedule so instead we get 4 non D1 schools .... must be part of the "NEW MENTALITY".

Series history: UAlbany has never played UMass, where coach Dwayne Killings spent three years as a walk-on.

Old Timers help me out. Recall playing a game @ UMass a number of years ago. Might have been before we were DI??

Recall we put a scare into them. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing, after 50+ years of watching UA sports, a lot of games to remember/recall/dreamed??

Anyone remember this game??

17 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Still THINK the suspension was BS in the first place. IMHO do not believe DK "assaulted" a player or accidentally knocked him down in a circle jerk {I mean warm-up😉.} Then the whole incident or non-incident [pick one] get's washed under the rug for ½+ a season and then gets resurrected after the kid's parents find out DK "supposedly" rescinds a scholarship offer {again very UN-DK like.} The whole thing smelled then and now like "BS". I"m sure we will never know or get the full story; but IMHO I have no issue with DK picking his own "penalty"; especially since in my assessment he was INNOCENT of any wrong doings. As for DK's boss--Don't get me started 🤮.

14 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Old Timers help me out. Recall playing a game @ UMass a number of years ago. Might have been before we were DI??

Recall we put a scare into them. Maybe I dreamt the whole thing, after 50+ years of watching UA sports, a lot of games to remember/recall/dreamed??

Anyone remember this game??

D... you have great recall ... Dwayne had already moved on from UMASS-Amherst

• Dec 28, 2003 (Sun) TBA

at 
    Massachusetts
    Amherst, Mass.

L, 66-82