UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

4 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

Before my time but did the Yankees and the Mets have a similar situation when the old Yankee stadium was being renovated?  Did they have day/night double headers?   

Correct, in 1974 and 1975.  

I think 1 year before Giants stadium opened, Mets , Yankees, Jets, and Giants all played at Shea. (I think 1 year Giants played at Yale)

Even If the Danes play all home games at knick downtown, the arena should be able to handle 10 to 15 LCC games , 10 to 15 Danes games and a few indoor lacrosse games. 

24 minutes ago, B9j2j6s said:

Before my time but did the Yankees and the Mets have a similar situation when the old Yankee stadium was being renovated?  Did they have day/night double headers?   

Probably not usually, since they try not to schedule competing games on the same day anyway.  Dodgers and Angels shared Dodger Stadium before the Big A was built.

Most of above re arenas repeated in the TU today

"We're still working through that," Killings said. "We're trying to finalize our schedule. There's a couple of steps to kind of figure out which venue, so hopefully we'll find that out once we announce our schedule for this season."

UAlbany also needs a place to practice once its players return from break next month.

MVP Arena general manager Bob Belber said he has spoken with UAlbany athletic director Mark Benson about playing their home games at the downtown arena next season. Of course, Siena is already a tenant at MVP Arena and gets preference on dates under terms of its contract.

"It's far from a likelihood that it's going to be here, but yeah, we have provided them with what they would need to be able to play their games here," Belber said. "But they're not necessarily all the dates that they would want. ... Most of our weekends are already booked up with Siena or lacrosse or shows. We do have some weekend dates we can provide, but they would have to be flexible in using other dates besides what they have historically used and they would have to be willing to maybe do a couple of doubleheaders here or there the same day as Siena, afternoon-evening type thing."

Belber said he's waiting to hear back from UAlbany on the dates MVP Arena is holding. He said he's heard UAlbany is also considering Hudson Valley Community College.

UAlbany deputy athletic director Victor Cegles texted UAlbany could split its home games between multiple venues next season. "Still working through it," Cegles texted. "Biggest hold up is not having the (America East) Conference schedule. Need hard dates to make sure there aren't scheduling conflicts."

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed OOC schedule so far:

• 11/12 @ Siena (Albany Cup/MVP Arena/Neutral Site)
  • 11/17 @ St Joes
  • 11/21 and 11/22 @ Sunshine Slam in Daytona Beach (Ocean Bracket)
    • Teams in our bracket are Presbyterian, Austin Peay, and Bucknell
  • 12/10 @ Providence
  • 12/28 @ Virginia

Potential Games:

• Road Games (Return from last seasons home games): @Towson, @Harvard, @Columbia, @Niagara
  • Home Games (Return from last seasons road games): La Salle, Yale, Lehigh
  • No idea if the above were home and home contracts, but they make sense. 
  • I am doubting that any of the other games from last years Kentucky/Kansas trip will have return games, but of course they could.

If all of the above happen, that is 13 OOC games (Counts as 12 for game limits because of the MTE). With a 16 game conference schedule this year, I am guessing there is only 1 or 2 more games left to announce. With the SEFCU construction I would guess that 1 will be a road game and 1 would be a home game. Having only 3 or 4 OOC home games is probably about right this year. Enough to play a few home events on a strange court, but more importantly it gives additional ability to pack a home schedule the following year for the renovated arena. 

Edited by godanesgo99

11 minutes ago, bob87 said:

I thought i saw 11/7 at Towson

12/2 at Harvard

I booked a hotel for at Harvard, but could always cancel if not accurate 

I haven't seen either of those dates listed anywhere I felt was official, but I did put those in the expected games. 

2 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

I haven't seen either of those dates listed anywhere I felt was official, but I did put those in the expected games. 

Yeah can't remember where I saw them. Probably saw something while searching before a baseball game started. Hopefully schedules are out soon. 

I renewed my football tickets today and asked about basketball locations. No definite locations yet. 

18 hours ago, bob87 said:

Yeah can't remember where I saw them. Probably saw something while searching before a baseball game started. Hopefully schedules are out soon. 

I renewed my football tickets today and asked about basketball locations. No definite locations yet. 

My contact stated in early July, "the people in charge" expected to have everything completed by the middle of July with an announcement.  A follow up note stated that two or three of the sites expressed concerns and/or became cautious to making a commitment.

4 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

For those who thought the “rivalry” might continue, we are not on Stony Brook’s schedule for 2022-23

I would not expect to see any Stony Brook Athletic Team on the UAlbany campus for the foreseeable future or an UAlbany Athletic Team on the SBU campus with the exception of football .... the only exception a NCAA post season event.  I believe the mindset of both schools prevent any competition.