UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2022 - 2023 MBB Schedule

11/7/2022	Towson					Away	OOC
11/12/2022	Siena					Neutral	OOC
11/17/2022	St. Joes				Away	OOC
11/21/2022	TBD (Sunshine Slam)			Neutral	OOC
11/22/2022	TBD (Sunshine Slam)			Neutral	OOC
12/5/2022	UMass					Away	OOC
12/10/2022	Providence				Away	OOC
12/14/2022	Long Island				Home	OOC
12/28/2022	Virginia				Away	OOC

29 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

He is loading up in OOC...may be a tough record going into conf play. 

I am presuming you are not including the Sunshine Slam in your evaluation as the bracket which we are participating in; the four teams had a combine record of 46 wins vs. 78 losses in 2021-2022 .... maybe not including St Joe's at 11 wins - 19 losses .... and UMass - Amherst at 15 wins - 17 losses  ... do not consider Bucknell, Presbyterian and Austin Peay the way of loading up the schedule ... playing A-10 schools is the way to go

On 8/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, Eli said:

I love seeing Siena fans in weird or bad situations like that. Recently I was scrolling through Instagram reels and I happened across a video of a young kid (around 10) who was doing who knows what (in a restaurant) who smacked his own head against the table REALLY hard (again, not sure what his thought process was or what he was trying to do). To his right was his older brother, wearing a Siena shirt. All I could think of was..."typical Siena family...probably".

Found the reel. Still funny but I remembered it differently and looks like the hibachi guy set him up for failure lol.

Overtime on Instagram: “It sounded worse than it was 🤣 (via cadeywadeylagay/TT)”

Edited by Eli

20 minutes ago, Eli said:

Found the reel. Still funny but I remembered it differently and looks like the hibachi guy set him up for failure lol.

Overtime on Instagram: “It sounded worse than it was 🤣 (via cadeywadeylagay/TT)”

What a pathetic fanbase, can't even eat hibachi without banging that empty head into the table...lol! 

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I am presuming you are not including the Sunshine Slam in your evaluation as the bracket which we are participating in; the four teams had a combine record of 46 wins vs. 78 losses in 2021-2022 .... maybe not including St Joe's at 11 wins - 19 losses .... and UMass - Amherst at 15 wins - 17 losses  ... do not consider Bucknell, Presbyterian and Austin Peay the way of loading up the schedule ... playing A-10 schools is the way to go

St. Joes, UMass, Providence, Virginia...all programs by order of magnitude better then UA...smh...yeah they are loading the schedule. Maybe they steal a game from a named program. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Clickclack said:

St. Joes, UMass, Providence, Virginia...all programs by order of magnitude better then UA...smh...yeah they are loading the schedule. Maybe they steal a game from a named program. 

I concur .... A-10 Conference, Big East and ACC ... perhaps the best chance of a win is at St. Joe's just based on their overall record for the last five years .... no matter how good our team is the opportunity to steal win at Providence and UVA is low .... saw the MBB team at last WSOC match .... they were the happiest and most going bunch student athletes .... cheering on the WSOC team the entire game .... they were true ambassadors for their program and UAlbany Sports last night 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:44 PM, Clickclack said:

Agreed...by far it is the toughest UA schedule....EVER.  No questions asked.  It is is actually being discussed in hoops circles as in:

1. Is this a sign we are going to the CAA?

2. Is this merely because we don't have a home and might as well get paid?

3. Is this because the administration said: You need to play games and get paid?

4. All the above.

This is a MONSTER of a lineup. 

5 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Agreed...by far it is the toughest UA schedule....EVER.  No questions asked.  It is is actually being discussed in hoops circles as in:

1. Is this a sign we are going to the CAA?

2. Is this merely because we don't have a home and might as well get paid?

3. Is this because the administration said: You need to play games and get paid?

4. All the above.

This is a MONSTER of a lineup. 

If I'm going to be honest . To me, this is a coach schedule, no more.  I'm not looking any farther then that.  

Killings seems to want to play a tough national schedule.  

I guess we will see.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 2

Waiting on the entire OOC schedule .... once in a while you schedule games with teams to fill the schedule ...  playing one ACC and one Big East school as part of the OOC schedule is not that unusual for UAlbany.  DK has played up the Philadelphia "thing" since his arrival .... likely knocked on all the doors ... Temple, 'Nova, St. Joe's, well not Drexal or Penn, looking for a game with exposure to help with recruiting .... a smart thing 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:05 PM, olddog71 said:

Money games. We need the cash for the SEFCU reno.

It's my understanding that the sefcu renovations are already completely paid by private funds. 

That being said, I think these are the games thay Killings wants to play year in an out. I'm truly not sure about this team,  since it lost its 3 leading scorers.  Only time will tell. 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:05 PM, olddog71 said:

Money games. We need the cash for the SEFCU reno.

57 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

It's my understanding that the sefcu renovations are already completely paid by private funds. 

That being said, I think these are the games thay Killings wants to play year in an out. I'm truly not sure about this team,  since it lost its 3 leading scorers.  Only time will tell. 

Lifted from "Building on Greatness" announcement: Construction is scheduled to begin in August of 2022 and conclude in November of 2023. The SEFCU Arena project is estimated to cost $12 million, and the University intends to finance it completely through private funding, with $8.5 million having already been pledged toward the project.

So there is $3.5 million gap that needs to be filled ... either by additional pledges and/or borrowings against future revenues.