UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #12: 12/14/22 - 7PM vs Long Island

Eli

58 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Just as an aside…I thought grabbing/hanging on the rim after a dunk was a technical foul unless a player was being undercut. They seem to do it more and more these days and I guess it’s an intimidation or in your face thing.  Beagle could have been Teed up yesterday. It’s one of many things that bother me about modern basketball along with the dribbling nonsense that we used to call “coming over” or “carrying” plus firing off a #@$&@ing 3 without even trying to set up a play or go through a rotation or two. 

Supposedly you can hang to prevent injury to yourself or others, so they probably give you latitude to straighten yourself out before you drop to the floor. Can't do pullups, though.

9 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

LoL, I'm trying hardest. I mean Luke Devlin mattered a lot... Other than that maybe a religious reference? Luke from two live crew? Luke Skywalker?

I probably should be embarrassed to not get it.

Luke Fizulich.  It is a bad take on Black Lives Matter, Blue Live Matter, etc.  

This is going after DK...and I think it is absolutely stupid. 

19 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Makes sense. Honestly, I had started to forget Luke existed. Obviously not the lawsuit, of course. Guess I'd have understood if it said Fiz or Fizulich matters. Just never thought of him with his first name.

2 hours ago, Eli said:

That's pretty funny, not gonna lie. 

I am almost certain that DK and members of the senior UAlbany sports administration has been subject to worse since the lawsuit has become public knowledge.  Will this individual continue to show up?  Not my concern, further just shrug it off as someone making a peaceful statement however this one person could grow into a movement with a group of people showing up in Luke Matters sweatshirts aka Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restuarant.

Edited by cwdickens
grammar

16 hours ago, Dane96 said:

This a really weird way to address it but it's not like the issue came from nowhere. The issue came from well-paid adults making lousy decisions.

20 hours ago, dslyank said:

Davis played 6 minutes,  missed a lay-up; a short jumper was blocked the full length of the court, that led to dunk; and with 1.1 seconds on the shot clock passed the ball back behind himself, instead of throwing up something or trying to get fouled? Box score had him 0 for 2 shooting; not sure what the other miss was, unless the blocked shot counted as a miss. He is playing himself out of the rotation. Not sure if he is trying too hard, or just too nervous; but seems totally lost out there??

No offense to Davis but I'm glad the experiment of playing Edmead and Davis at the same time seems to be over.

In general, I thought Edmead played like a PG. 

I'll echo those who like Patel. I thought he would be more of a sniper than he's show so far, but he is all-hustle.

• Like 1