UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Jonathan Beagle Named America East Rookie of the Year & To All-Rookie Team

BOSTON – University at Albany men's basketball freshman Jonathan Beagle has officially been named the 2022-23 America East Rookie of the Year, the conference announced Friday morning. In addition, Beagle was also named to the Conference's All-Rookie Team.

Source: https://ualbanysports.com/news/2023/3/3/mens-basketball-jonathan-beagle-named-america-east-rookie-of-the-year.aspx?fbclid=IwAR1BeJr44MzP0potjChVtO4mQ2fQD9vgLNTmCtppvAFbJhuW44Yj9stfqNo

MBB_-_Rookie_of_the_Year_copy.jpg

Edited by Eli

• Eli changed the title to Jonathan Beagle Named America East Rookie of the Year & To All-Rookie Team

Last time back to back ROY was Jon Iati  and then Jamar Wilson.  Couple years later, back to back AE ships.  But they had help with Lucious Jordan, Zollner, Brent Wilson, Lillis, Siggers, etc.  Can we keep Neely and Beagle first off and then can we surround them with talented role players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Last time back to back ROY was Jon Iati  and then Jamar Wilson.  Couple years later, back to back AE ships.  But they had help with Lucious Jordan, Zollner, Brent Wilson, Lillis, Siggers, etc.  Can we keep Neely and Beagle first off and then can we surround them with talented role players.

Agree all around.

Also, don't forget a KEY cog to that team...Levi Levine. Can't tell you how many little things he did on both sides of the ball to help the team.  

• Like 3

Was/is everything as advertised...a POY type of talent if he sticks around. He and Neely will be nice to watch. Cant give DK props about much...he's mostly trash but can't knock getting back to back ROY. He has another chance with Robinson who I think is another up recruit. Can we find people to put around them and can he coach them. 

Congratulations to Jonathan and his teammates/coaches ... looking forward to watching him play in our newly enhanced/refurbished arena in the years ahead ... I appreciate players that are approachable/personable/generous with a moment ... thank you ... good work young man with "checking all of the boxes"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Was/is everything as advertised...a POY type of talent if he sticks around. He and Neely will be nice to watch. Cant give DK props about much...he's mostly trash but can't knock getting back to back ROY. He has another chance with Robinson who I think is another up recruit. Can we find people to put around them and can he coach them. 

Isn't that the kid who punched another player? What ever happened with that?

• 3 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 7:05 PM, UAalum72 said:

Jonathan Beagle where he's 'supposed to be'  - Times-Union

Also, notes on Meghan Huerter

Killings on Justin Neely "We expect to have him back fully cleared at some point in the season. "

As noted in another thread, the local Channel-10 (WTEN) segment, the forementioned Times Union article and along with a few camps for kids, as posted on MBB social media, I have concluded the most important task for UAlbany Sports is to "rebrand" Dwayne Killings image.  The swager that he presented at his initial news conference has changed to a more demur type of guy, friendly and more approachable.  How does this tie into Jonathan Beagle because I believe Jonathon staying was the trigger in the current rebranding effort with Killings and this year's team.  Did I hear Killings say that people who left were all mistakes made in recruiting?

Some of frequent posters have stated, "if they rehab The SEFCU Arena, we will come", I not sure if the Capital District is there yet unless Killings and the MBB have a positive view.

Total side note but apparently Maine just landed some dude named Cooper Flagg who i'm reading insane NBA level talent rumors about.

edit I should read better.  We also offered...along with UCLA, Villanova, etc..

Edited by BestDaneSinceHamlet

Flagg is 16, 17 in December. From Newport, Maine. Went to h.s. In Maine 1st year, then transferred to Montverde Acad. in Florida, where Cam Healy played. Received his 1st D-1 offer from Bryant while in the 8th grade! 6’ 8” weighs 200.  He will obviously help Maine.

Cooper Flagg may not play college ball. He likely will for a year but may even go to the NBL or something.  Scout after scout predicts there hasn’t been a recruit of this profile in decades.   Think Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, etc.  he’s next level and nba ready as a jurnior but for strength.

if he goes to college, it’s Duke. End discussion   It’s his dream school.   Rumors he may partner up with another generational talent: Cameron Boozer.  Carlos’ kid.  Both are light years ahead of this years number 1 pick.  

Edited by Dane96

2 hours ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

Total side note but apparently Maine just landed some dude named Cooper Flagg who i'm reading insane NBA level talent rumors about.

edit I should read better.  We also offered...along with UCLA, Villanova, etc..

1 hour ago, tnehurley said:

Flagg is 16, 17 in December. From Newport, Maine. Went to h.s. In Maine 1st year, then transferred to Montverde Acad. in Florida, where Cam Healy played. Received his 1st D-1 offer from Bryant while in the 8th grade! 6’ 8” weighs 200.  He will obviously help Maine.

8 minutes ago, Dane96 said:

Cooper Flagg may not play college ball. He likely will for a year but may even go to the NBL or something.  Scout after scout predicts there hasn’t been a recruit of this profile in decades.   Think Jordan, Lebron, Kobe, etc.  he’s next level and nba ready as a jurnior but for strength.

if he goes to college, it’s Duke. End discussion   It’s his dream school.   Rumors he may partner up with another generational talent: Cameron Boozer.  Carlos’ kid.  Both are light years ahead of this years number 1 pick.  

Just wondering out loud, how is Cooper Flagg tied to this thread about Jonathan Beagle's accomplishments and decision making UAlbany his school for another year.  Yeh, we may offer an athletic scholarship to Cooper, as we make many offers that go nowhere since the beginning of our Division 1 Program.