UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Transfer Portal- MBB Targets / Interest / Offers / Signees 2023

Slowly getting word on social media of the MBB targets/interest/offers in the Transfer Portal.

Currently, UA has at least two open scholarships, and has show interest/targets in the following players:

Tyler Rice-Soph. 6'1 PG W&M- three years of eligibility and a really good frosh in the CAA.  Would be a great add to Albany in a need position.  Decrease in playing time this year and stats plummeted from frosh year. He may have been a bit injured.  Frosh year he was 7.5 PPG; 2.1 RPG; 3.6 APG; 32.7% FG; and 28.9% from three.  Needs to shoot the ball better. 

Jalen Jackson- PG 6'2 UIC- Frosh with three years remaining.  Bigger PG at 200 lbs. Started half of UIC games as a Frosh. 7.3 PPG; 2.0 RPG; 1.63 APG; 42.4% FG; and 31.8% from three.  Would be a nice pickup. 

Sean Conway- G 6'5 VMI- Senior with one year remaining and local to Connecticut. Starter with leadership experience.  Would be a big time stabilizer for this team.   12.1 PPG; 4.9 RPG; 1.4 APG; 41.8% FG; and 37.8% from three.  With Drumgoole's departure...this MUST be a key target for us.  He would fit Drumgoole's role well. 

Lonnell Martin Jr.- Senior 6'4 SG Montana.  Big, physical shooting guard.  Has one year of eligibility. 6.6 PPG; 2.4 RPG; 38.1% FG and 37.3% from three.

Justus Jackson- Soph 6'1 G Hawaii.  Bit player at Hawaii.  Has 2 years (maybe 3...not sure if he RS in 2021-2022).  Was efficient in his limited (13 MPG) time.  3.3 PPG; 1.1 RPG; 40.4% FG; and 34% from three. 

Joshua Rivera-Freshman 6'7 F Lafayette.  Super exciting player, made the Patriot League All-Rookie Team.  10.5 PPG; 5.2 RPG; 45.4% FG; and 34.5% from three.  Really dynamic, athletic guy with a huge list of suitors.  Would be a big time add to Neely and Beagle down low and would be an absolutely dominant front 3 in the AE.

Anthony Morales- Junior 6'9 G/F Boston University- One year of eligibility. Suitors include UMASS, Towson, Elon, and Bryant.  Role player at BU.  5.1 PPG; 2.0 RPG; 34.9% FG; and 26.7% from three.

Wasn't Killings quoted somewhere saying his future is tied to Beagle? Maybe I'm just misremembering that and it was said by someone else. 

That post from Samurai that said Killings was gone that Monday was refuted by someone here saying that they had seen Killings with Beagle exploring the progress of the renovation. Most of us took that as a sign that we would have them both for one more season. 

Oh well. While this one hurts, players come and go. Coaches come and go. Entering the portal doesn't mean he is 100% gone, but I'm sure it's something like 99.9999999% done.

Hopefully whatever happens with Killings happens quickly. If he stays or goes the program needs to know for sure as quick as possible. Time for Killings to get to work, or time for a new hire to be found quick enough to not mean another dumpster fire for next season.

If Killings is staying, the School needs to make that public and clear as soon as possible. Uncertainty from his office brings uncertainty to the players on the team. Makes recruiting and retaining harder. We gave a loser coach in Gattuso an extension to not kill the football recruiting and team. We need something similar here. I'm not saying an extension, as that would be dumb, what I am saying is a public statement of support for another season or rip the band-aid off and get rid of him now. Recruits and players need some clarity.

The coach needs time to rerecruit the players we want to keep (Beagle and Drumgoole), time to keep the players already signed for next year, and time to hit the portal hard. Each day of uncertainty that goes by brings the chances of a winning season next year down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🤮🤮🤮🤮

Rodriquez needs to clean house. This is an unmitigated disaster. 

Fire Killings. Fire Benson. Fire Cegles. Fire Gattuso. Fire anyone involved in the continuous losing being done at UAlbany. 

This is rock bottom. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I wish I was in a position to do this, but frankly we need some of the more well off alum and local supporters to get active in the NIL programs. We have a renovated arena opening next year, and a freshman who clearly has the potential to be one of the all-time greats in the AE and the first UA alum in the NBA. He is every bit the player Lamb and Warney were as freshman, possibly better. 

Where are the local companies looking for spokespeople? Where are the outside recruiters that could convince him to rule this market with his likeness? 

I really thought the NIL rules would be awesome for UA and Siena. Here we are in one of the top 60 media markets in the country, with one of the highest rates of disposable income in the country according the Business Review. There are no major sports competitors for advertising dollars within two hours. SU is 2 hours away. NYC, Montreal, and Boston are close to 3. Buffalo is 4. Large market + no competition should mean $$$$$ for NIL for any stars from UA and Siena.

Edited by godanesgo99

20 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

Wasn't Killings quoted somewhere saying his future is tied to Beagle? Maybe I'm just misremembering that and it was said by someone else. 

That post from Samurai that said Killings was gone that Monday was refuted by someone here saying that they had seen Killings with Beagle exploring the progress of the renovation. Most of us took that as a sign that we would have them both for one more season. 

Oh well. While this one hurts, players come and go. Coaches come and go. Entering the portal doesn't mean he is 100% gone, but I'm sure it's something like 99.9999999% done.

Hopefully whatever happens with Killings happens quickly. If he stays or goes the program needs to know for sure as quick as possible. Time for Killings to get to work, or time for a new hire to be found quick enough to not mean another dumpster fire for next season.

If Killings is staying, the School needs to make that public and clear as soon as possible. Uncertainty from his office brings uncertainty to the players on the team. Makes recruiting and retaining harder. We gave a loser coach in Gattuso an extension to not kill the football recruiting and team. We need something similar here. I'm not saying an extension, as that would be dumb, what I am saying is a public statement of support for another season or rip the band-aid off and get rid of him now. Recruits and players need some clarity.

The coach needs time to rerecruit the players we want to keep (Beagle and Drumgoole), time to keep the players already signed for next year, and time to hit the portal hard. Each day of uncertainty that goes by brings the chances of a winning season next year down.

DK or no DK, next season is a disaster. This will take time to rebuild. Obviously, DK will struggle to win 10 games again as there isn't talent left here, what is recruited is young and I think it's a long shot to expect anything incredible from an entire new roster of transfers and juco's. 

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

I wish I was in a position to do this, but frankly we need some of the more well off alum and local supporters to get active in the NIL programs. We have a renovated arena opening next year, and a freshman who clearly has the potential to be one of the all-time greats in the AE and the first UA alum in the NBA. He is every bit the player Lamb and Warney were as freshman, possibly better. 

Where are the local companies looking for spokespeople? Where are the outside recruiters that could convince him to rule this market with his likeness? 

I really thought the NIL rules would be awesome for UA and Siena. Here we are in one of the top 60 media markets in the country, with one of the highest rates of disposable income in the country according the Business Review. There are no major sports competitors for advertising dollars within two hours. SU is 2 hours away. NYC, Montreal, and Boston are close to 3. Buffalo is 4. Large market + no competition should mean $$$$$ for NIL for any stars from UA and Siena.

This $iena-stain of a program wone 6 games last year...no one is dying to spend money to promote a loser program. Even if one kid is great and a ROY. 

4 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

DK or no DK, next season is a disaster. This will take time to rebuild. Obviously, DK will struggle to win 10 games again as there isn't talent left here, what is recruited is young and I think it's a long shot to expect anything incredible from an entire new roster of transfers and juco's. 

Tobin Anderson took FDU from 4 wins, in one of the $ienatiest conferences in America and with limited resources and small recruiting pool, to a 20 win season with FOUR D2 players he brought up from STA.

It can be done very quickly in the portal era.