UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2023-24 MBB Preseason Expectations and Predictions

Parking for MBB

Broadview Lot parking will be allocated based on Priority Points Rankings, as well.  Broadview Lot passes will be allocated based off ranking until the lot reaches capacity. Like football season parking, a minimum contribution of $250 to the GDAC must be made to be considered for the Broadview Lot. Once the Broadview Lot reaches capacity, all remaining donors of $100 or more will be allocated Dutch Lot parking.

Thank you again for your support and looking forward to welcoming everyone to the Broadview Center!

IMPORTANT DATES

Thursday, 10/26: GDAC Points and Rankings Received

Monday, 10/30: Season Ticket Deposit and Donation Deadline

Wednesday, 11/1: Final Rankings and Seat Selection Window Sent

Tuesday, 11/7: Women’s Basketball Select-A-Seat Night

Wednesday, 11/8: Men’s Basketball Select-A-Seat-Night (1)

Thursday, 11/9: Men’s Basketball Select-A-Seat Night (2)

Monday, 11/13 Parking Allocation

Not sure I'm clear on the parking.  If I'm doing only 2 seats my GDAC donation is only $200 (other athletic donations don't count for this)?  But if I have a higher GDAC seeding do I have a shot at Broadview Parking?  I guess it's somewhat clear but I'm a little slow this late in the day.  

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, McFan said:

Not sure I'm clear on the parking.  If I'm doing only 2 seats my GDAC donation is only $200 (other athletic donations don't count for this)?  But if I have a higher GDAC seeding do I have a shot at Broadview Parking?  I guess it's somewhat clear but I'm a little slow this late in the day.  

I have the same mis-understanding. I am guessing Broadview parking being allocated first to those who pick seats in the gold & Purple areas, thus spending at least $250 on GDAC. Then what's left over priority ranking will determine who else gets into Broadview and who gets bumped into Dutch?

This is NOT exactly how the email explains it. But when I talked to Nate a few weeks back and told him I was probably selecting WHITE seats and hence only paying $200 GDAC, he said my Priority rating would be enough to still get me into Broadview???

This is all so dumb. This GDAC stuff is beyond stupid.

Just sell the damn seats for $200 (or whatever) instead of $50 + $150 GDAC (or whatever). Your ranking should be simply based on total spend per season ticket. Done. No confusion. Parking goes to top 200 or whatever.

Edited by Eli

2 hours ago, Eli said:

This is all so dumb. This GDAC stuff is beyond stupid.

Just sell the damn seats for $200 (or whatever) instead of $50 + $150 GDAC (or whatever). Your ranking should be simply based on total spend per season ticket. Done. No confusion. Parking goes to top 200 or whatever.

I disagree.  I think it's a good way to do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Eli said:

be simply based on total spend per season ticket

Sorry Eli; think you are totally wrong here. In fact this is exactly how Benson initially set the GDAC program up. Justin Brown with encouragement of a number of us old timers, developed the "Priority" program to insure long time donors, ticket holders and fans got treated equitably.

It took almost three seasons before the program was fully initiated. During that time I sat in cheap seats and walked from a back lot off Western Ave, rather than support Bensons program. In spite of having been a donor AND season ticket holder for almost 40 years at the time {over 50 now} and in spite of contributing considerably more than the minimum GDAC requirement to "The "University Fund", I refused to participate in Benson elites program 

While, I do agree with you that a single total price per seat should be listed; I do not agree that priority locations, parking etc., should be based a "per year" basis. That is simply not fair to long time donor fans.

Edited by dslyank
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:11 PM, Eli said:

I thought on paper we were supposed to be better than last year by long shot?

It always looks on paper that we are supposed to be better...and then the season comes. I have low expectations...I think something like 10-12 wins and 6-8 in conference are best case. 

Neely is coming off a serious injury and not having played for a lone time. We haven't had a PG worth a damn in many years...maybe the Providence kid can help there. Coaching is suspect although I like the addition of the UB guy. 

Gonna be a year trying to figure out if we've found a bottom or sink to new lows. 

Edited by Clickclack
  • Like 1

Not that I expect this to be the case for UA this season, but the AE regular season champ(any conference for that matter) does not get an NIT bid any more if they lose their conference tourney:

Regular-season conference champions are no longer guaranteed spots in the National Invitation Tournament.

The NIT board of managers tweaked its qualifying rules for its men's postseason tournament Friday, saying regular-season champs who do not win their conference tournament and are not otherwise selected to the NCAA tournament will not receive an automatic bid to the NIT.

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2023/10/27/23928365/america-east-season-preview-can-vermont-catamounts-reign-supreme-once-again

7. UAlbany 23

I was surprised to see UAlbany picked to finish this low in the poll. The Great Danes had a terrific offseason, even with the loss of Gerald Drumgoole.

Jonathan Beagle is one of the best big men in the conference. Guards Sebastian Thomas, Amar’e Marshall and Tyler Bertram should really help. Marshall oozed potential in his limited minutes last season at Hofstra, and he should thrive under Dwayne Killings.

Aaron Reddish and Marcus Jackson are also back in the picture for Albany, and Justin Neely returns from injury to provide another high-impact piece.

Edited by godanesgo99

On 10/28/2023 at 3:06 PM, godanesgo99 said:

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2023/10/27/23928365/america-east-season-preview-can-vermont-catamounts-reign-supreme-once-again

7. UAlbany 23

I was surprised to see UAlbany picked to finish this low in the poll. The Great Danes had a terrific offseason, even with the loss of Gerald Drumgoole.

Jonathan Beagle is one of the best big men in the conference. Guards Sebastian Thomas, Amar’e Marshall and Tyler Bertram should really help. Marshall oozed potential in his limited minutes last season at Hofstra, and he should thrive under Dwayne Killings.

Aaron Reddish and Marcus Jackson are also back in the picture for Albany, and Justin Neely returns from injury to provide another high-impact piece.

Like the Football, the MBB team will need to prove the polls wrong by winning games. As I know you know, what you have on paper does not matter if the student-athletes do not perform as a team.  

The polls reflect past performance and is reflection on Killings performance as a game time coach.  He placed in the near bottom of Division One coaches based on performance and unresolved issues with a former player.

Win games, win respect.

• Like 1

So, you want to have more access to UAlbany MBB and the sports administration that supports our teams .... consider buying dinner for the team, the AD, Associate AD and few other well selected individuals at 677 Prime.

From today's MBB Instagram posting: 

Had an amazing time Friday night bonding with the guys, donors, and even some former players!

Thank you to everybody who helps this program move forward, and special thank you to Rick and Diana Ostroff for the special night!