UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2023-24 MBB Preseason Expectations and Predictions

3 hours ago, Eli said:

Seems like a huge step down for Whitesell no? I mean, I like it...but how do you go from HC of UB to AC at UA working for a guy who has a losing record?

To answer your question: Easy, when the AD at UBuffalo has no patience or time for a HC, who appears is not going to get your team to the Big Dance in the immediate future and the AD has $500,000 to make the problem go away.  At age 63, Whitesell knows there will few opportunities to be on the sidelines whether as a head coach or as an assistant.

I am left wondering: Did Coach Killing have any significant say and/or input in the decision to hire Whitesell?  Whether or not, I am glad Whitesell is here.

This is going to make watch the bench area interesting during the games.

Ahh, him being 63 makes a bit more sense. I assumed he was a bit younger. But I'm still surprised a mid-major D1 HC ended up as an assistance at a low major D1 as opposed to being a low major HC somewhere. But anyway, I'll take the experience and hope it helps DK fulfill his promises!

From some conversations that I have had with some MBB and WBB fans, the much-anticipated announcement:

Basketball Season Ticket Deposits Now Open, Select-a-Seat Nights Announced

For those who have been a season ticket holder, an email was sent at approximately 2:50 PM today.

Edited by cwdickens
update

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

I am letting the pricing marinate for bit before I comment, however that said, the pricing is very similar to what Nate's described during a sidebar during the tour of the Broadview Center.

My opinion of course however, $42 for the most expensive season ticket on a per game basis. $16.60 for the cheapest tickets (per game), and just under $21 per game for the majority of the seats...is beyond fair for a college in a mid-sized City. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dane96 said:

My opinion of course however, $42 for the most expensive season ticket on a per game basis. $16.60 for the cheapest tickets (per game), and just under $21 per game for the majority of the seats...is beyond fair for a college in a mid-sized City. 

I want to bring to people's attention that there are three groups entitled to 50% off the season ticket price with full payment of the required donation.  Those groups are:

• Facility and staff
  • Graduates of the last decade
  • Seniors (65+)

My calculations estimated these groups per ticket coast starts around $10.15 per game, not too shabby.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

I want to bring to people's attention that there are three groups entitled to 50% off the season ticket price with full payment of the required donation.  Those groups are:

• Facility and staff
  • Seniors (65+)

My calculations estimated these groups per ticket coast starts around $10.15 per game, not too shabby.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this.

2 hours ago, cwdickens said:

• Facility and staff
  • Seniors (65+)

That's good to know but makes me wonder why this is the first time I'm hearing of it? Ticketing office has never mentioned this. Do you have a link? Any idea if that is also applicable to single-game tickets? I graduated in '16 so I got 3 more years of this perk (at least for season tickets - which I do not currently have).

If I can get 50% off, I might just buy season tickets and give them to a friend.

Edited by Eli