UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Football - Game 1 Saturday, August 26, 2023, 7:00 PM Bob Ford Field at Tom & Mary Casey Stadium

Just remember one thing, paraphrasing @godanesgo99, when commenting on the outcome of the game, no matter what the outcome, leave those negative comments in your back pocket.  positive vibes only, just like if you were at the Phish concert at SPAC.

Aug 26 (Sat) 7:00 PM

vs 

Please remember this evening is the start of cashless events so remember to have the following, if necessary for your enjoyment of the game and if you need expensive beer:

• a bank debit and/or credit card
  • your smartphone if your tickets and parking are one your phone
  • a government issued picture id (just in case someone proofs you for a beer purchase

This NWS forecast is for the University at Albany uptown campus for tomorrow as of 10:40 AM (Friday):

Saturday: A slight chance of showers between 8am and 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 78. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Saturday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 58. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Hopefully the new pieces will fit and a strong and competitive team will emerge. I’m most interested in what the new DC brings to the table after so many years of sub par performance. With an apparent emphasis on D-Back recruiting that’s got to be better, right? The first three games will be a very tough test, but Fordham is beatable and Hawaii isn’t Baylor.  1-2 start? 2-1 would be sweet. 

Are these positive enough vibes? Asking for a friend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

An updated weather forecast for today:

Saturday:  Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 3pm. Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 80. Light northwest wind increasing to 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night: Scattered showers and thunderstorms before 9pm, then isolated showers between 9pm and midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Edited by cwdickens
update

Sad there isn't more talk about the season.  I actually think that Gattuso used the Portal very well.  So let's see.  We are MUCH bigger than anytime I can remember on both the OL and DL.  Some surprised on the two deep, for sure. 

I’m trying! Am I reading the two deep wrong or are we going with a more traditional four down linemen on D? I don’t see the DOG anymore. Between Dukaj and Simon there are pretty good bookends. The big Canadian kid must have impressed in camp because he’s starting at RT as a freshman. I truly hope that they rotate the backs and show different looks. GG says they have a good mix of power, speed and pass catching ability so that could be effective. 

Signed up for Flo….definitely $14.99/mo, cancel anytime. You get ALL the football they carry, not just CAA. Prep and other colleges too. 

Like the man used to say: “ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??”  

FYI….currently pouring in Saratoga County.