UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Game 1: @UMass 11/07 - 7:00pm

18 hours ago, Clickclack said:

I get it but it's still hilarious. DK getting dunked on by a guy who couldn't get a D1 job after his only stint ended in mediocrity or worse. It's brilliant...

You cannot discount Will Brown's successful year as coach & GM for the Albany Patroons.  You cannot rewrite history and say he did not take the Great Danes to five NCAA MBB Tournaments.

Further, how much do you really know about Will Brown and his family?  I know he has made choices to support others in his immediate family.  The Saint Rose WBB position just makes sense for him and his family.

So, in the end, I know how you still feel about Will Brown and I know how Will Brown feels about you.

23 minutes ago, cwdickens said:

You cannot discount Will Brown's successful year as coach & GM for the Albany Patroons.  You cannot rewrite history and say he did not take the Great Danes to five NCAA MBB Tournaments.

Further, how much do you really know about Will Brown and his family?  I know he has made choices to support others in his immediate family.  The Saint Rose WBB position just makes sense for him and his family.

So, in the end, I know how you still feel about Will Brown and I know how Will Brown feels about you.

No one is rewriting anything...certainly no one taking credit away for 5 championships. However you can make all the excuses you want but he couldn't win any more. Last contract was .500 in the AE, last three years were particularly bad, didn't make it out of the first round in the AE tournament last 4 years. It was not a competitive product. The best you can say is at least it wasn't this garbage. If that's any compliment. 

Bottom line is he was good for UA for many years, and there were great moments and long LONG stretches of mediocrity, horrible relationship with a horrible AD etc. It was an untenable situation. Not sure why you conflate me speaking about his performance as some referendum on him as a person but he did always have a reputation for being petty. This tweet he sent is a dick move, coaches regardless of what their personal animus are towards their past employer simply do not send tweets like that. I think it speak to his character, you are free to disagree. 

I don't think you know of much of anything regarding how I feel about Brown, being "family", I'm sure you now all kinds things about what he feels about all kinds of things. He did always have a cult-following of family and friends who had zero objectivity around him and his on court performance. It was honestly one of the creepiest things during his tenure, how many of his family and close friends would massage the fan-base. Still weird to this day...you're the perfect example of that. 

He didn't win any more, the rest is history. Granted, who knew this dope AD would hire this walking disaster. Hindsight is 20/20.

Edited by Clickclack
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, cwdickens said:

Now, I have seen the saddest ramblings ever posted on this forum.

Fair enough...didn't mean to rehash the WB thing but that tweet from last night was straight up bush-league. But, his MO, so not sure why I'm surprised. Hopefully he enjoys coaching a few rungs down, maybe he can win down there. 

Have a nice day. 

6 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Fair enough...didn't mean to rehash the WB thing but that tweet from last night was straight up bush-league. But, his MO, so not sure why I'm surprised. Hopefully he enjoys coaching a few rungs down, maybe he can win down there. 

Have a nice day. 

I liked the tweet. 😝

Yeah that tweet was in bad taste. Also agree that it was time for brown to go. Had trouble adapting and recruiting enough athletes who fit in his system. Boring basketball is fine when you’re winning. At the end he wasn’t and the product was bad. The fact that killings can’t coach his way out of a cardboard box is a different problem entirely. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, ctdanes said:

Yeah that tweet was in bad taste. Also agree that it was time for brown to go. Had trouble adapting and recruiting enough athletes who fit in his system. Boring basketball is fine when you’re winning. At the end he wasn’t and the product was bad. The fact that killings can’t coach his way out of a cardboard box is a different problem entirely. 

However, the tweet was not posted here originally.  So, why give life to a tweet that the person placing it here thought petty.  Many have posted similar sediments here.  The bad taste started when the tweet was copied and posted here.