UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB - Game 5 (11/21/2023) - Army vs Albany

Army is bad, but they have some talent and are better than their record. May not be the bottom team in the Patriot. That said, they also aren't good, so it's hard to call this a good win, but a win is a win.

Defense looked better today. Yet to be determined if that's just because Army is bad, or if they turned a corner. 

Game shouldn't have been close. Going 10 minutes without a field goal in the first half is what made it a game. That has been a theme of the team for the last few years. 10-12 minute stretch each game with no ability to score or just reset - but winning the rest of the game. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Anyone notice that it was Whitesell on the board on the last time out? They toughed it out. Great defense for 20 sec +. 

I pay attention to it whenever it is on the screen.  Who is doing the talking.  Who has the board.  How often Whitesell is standing during play.

It's an odd dynamic.  I still think Killings is a good recruiter but I do not think he is much of a technical coach.

Killings should hope Neely gets healthy quick and the team learns how to win because having a guy with close to 200 D1 wins so close by while he is struggling to win can lead to some good drama.

A starting 5 if Thomas, Marshall, Neely, Reddish and Beagle is pretty good to be honest with Jackson, Little, Beartrum, Fillien and maybe Amica is not half bad. 

I've been impressed with Marshall and Thomas...both are nice. Reddish is also developing into a nice player. Beagle for for now is at the right level for him. He's struggling to start the year it feels. 

Edited by Clickclack

I really like Jackson’s motor and defensive effort. If he can dial it back when needed and stay out of foul trouble he’s definitely a plus for the team. Marshall and Sebastian are good transfers. The Cooperstown Kid seems to blow hot and cold. Reddish is starting to come around and had a nice game. Little? Hopefully Beagle gets out of the Sophomore slump by the time AE games roll around. Jury is still out on DK, although the evidence has been compelling. Enough slang for one post. 

11 hours ago, Clickclack said:

Beagle for for now is at the right level for him

Agree 100%. Thought when he entered the portal, it was a bit pre-mature. I was right for once🤪. Still think he is/will be a stand out. Troubles now are he has faced teams with  at least TWO bigs who seem to be able to wear him down. With NO suitable sub he gets beat up, gets in foul trouble and has to play tentative. I am guessing AmEast time he won't be facing the DOUBLE BIGS he has been doing battle with so far??

Edited by dslyank

12 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Agree 100%. Thought when he entered the portal, it was a bit pre-mature. I was right for once🤪. Still think he is/will be a stand out. Troubles now are he has faced teams with  at least TWO bigs who seem to be able to wear him down. With NO suitable sub he gets beat up, gets in foul trouble and has to play tentative. I am guessing AmEast time he won't be facing the DOUBLE BIGS he has been doing battle with so far??

I was just talking about this last night. To me he looks like he is in a lot better physical shape this year, and has lost a lot of his bulk. He may be more muscular now, but I bet he is down 30lbs, at least it appears that way. Makes it easier for other bigs to push him around even if he is stronger than he was. It's a small sample size so far, but he also seems to have lost his hands a little. I don't remember him having any issues with passes or turnovers last year, where it has been a problem so far this season. Gonna chalk it up to small sample size and early season sophomore slump. He'll be fine.

• Like 1

Wow

Almost everything I wanted to say was already mentioned.  Agree with everything said.  

Two of the worse 50 teams in the country. Every win right now should be celebrated. 

If Killings does not do well this year, you wonder if we would fire him and give the Buffalo coach a shot for a year.  Would not cost us much. 

Either way let's hope Killings turns this around.  We have talent.  Need the coaching.  

Edited by UA1882

14 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Wow

Almost everything I wanted to say was already mentioned.  Agree with everything said.  

Two of the worse 50 teams in the country. Every win right now should be celebrated. 

If Killings does not do well this year, you wonder if we would fire him and give the Buffalo coach a shot for a year.  Would not cost us much. 

Either way let's hope Killings turns this around.  We have talent.  Need the coaching.  

Attended Tuesday's game in person, I walked away thinking is this team of matching last year's win-loss record.  Just not sure, what I do know, lose one or two certain players to injuries for any period of time, a total disaster will exist.