UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game #17: 1/13/24 - 4PM vs Binghamton

On 1/7/2024 at 10:57 AM, cwdickens said:

Every conference game is important, however; losing both games to Binghamton last year, we must get off on the right foot with a win at home on Saturday.  This is a bell weather game for the season and on how much better this team is than last year's team.  Hopefully, Beagle's misstep on the court, late in 2nd half, is nothing and any rehab is minor.

I loved the way the team played in the last 90 seconds. 

There is no doubt that this team will make a statement in the America East this season.  Some of the aspects that I found encouraging:

• Beagle had an off day due to double teaming and foul trouble, others pick up the slack in scoring and rebounding
  • We handle the double team better as the game progressed
  • Minimized the unforced turn-overs in particular to Binghamton's three or four errant passes
  • We never allowed Binghamton to have an extended run without our own run to extended run
  • Shooting percentages for all our shots were decent
  • We played hard for forty minutes

Looking forward to the next two home games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, S-money said:

Bingo had 14 turnovers. We had 3. Almost unimaginable.

+++.  Was going to make the same post [actually official stats had 4 in the first half ONE in the second.] I had 4 total in my un-official score. Regardless, amazing stat total; and turn around for this team from 2023. Beat Bingo by 20 basically without Beagle (1pt total)--his sub Newton 11pts 13 bounds (my unofficial). Got to give credit to the portal and new kids and dare I say it DK and the coaching staff.

ps. Jackson is a beast {IMHO would be power5 like his brother if a little larger} and Reddish is really coming around although still inconsistent @ times. Just to give some props to the retuning guys also.

Edited by dslyank

Who win and those who lost yesterday.....

Saturday, January 13, 2024 Men's BasketballAwayHomeResultLocationLinks

UMBCUMBC82

Final

Lowell, MA (Conf.)Box Score

NJITNJIT55

Final

Burlington, VT (Conf.)Box Score

Final

Albany, N.Y. (Conf.)Box Score Full Game Archive

BryantBryant89

Final

Durham, NH (Conf.)Box Score Live Event

Standings .... some teams already  games back ....

SCHOOL CONF CPCT. OVERALL PCT. STREAK
UMass Lowell 3-0 1.000 12-4 .750 W5
Vermont 3-0 1.000 13-5 .722 W4
Bryant 3-0 1.000 11-7 .611 W3
UAlbany 2-0 1.000 10-7 .588 W2
New Hampshire 1-2 .333 9-7 .562 L1
Binghamton 0-2 .000 8-7 .533 L2
Maine 0-2 .000 8-9 .471 L5
UMBC 0-3 .000 5-13 .278 L8
NJIT 0-3 .000 4-11 .267 L3

Not gonna lie, I have no clue who will win this conference. This season may have one of the best competitions for the title in a really long time. Vermont isn't gonna cake walk to anything this year.

1 hour ago, GreatDanes06 said:

Not gonna lie, I have no clue who will win this conference. This season may have one of the best competitions for the title in a really long time. Vermont isn't gonna cake walk to anything this year.

By next Saturday, we may have a better idea how competitive our team will be in the America East, UMass-Lowell and Bryant this week.  Two wins will give us an edge when we hit the road for Maine, New Hampshire and finally Vermont.