UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't really follow the tone of the teaser paragraph in yesterday's online version or the headline.

Not saying it was good, but it certainly wasn't bad.

No quotes from anyone at UA?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pleasantly surprised that it didn't really follow the tone of the teaser paragraph in yesterday's online version or the headline.

Not saying it was good, but it certainly wasn't bad.

No quotes from anyone at UA?

Can't remember the last time Mark S had a quote from someone at UA :lol:

This really is just advertising for whoever buys the naming rights. If they reach their target audience at a better rate than other advertising it is a good deal. If not, then not.

Also you can advertise all you want, but you also have to have something worthwhile.

What did the TU get for the dollars paid for to the Knick rights. They just added to their LCC base while not even trying to be an unbiased paper. They also tried to sell subscriptions in the arena back when the ECAC hockey was in the arena. How successful that was especially given that a lot of the fans were from teams out of town, I don't know.

To me, every extra "mention" just reinforces the TU's shortcomings

After reading some of your comments, I re-read the hard copy of the front page TU article. While I agree it was NOT a bad article, I still came away with the feeling that Singalais wanted to show naming rights to stadiums are not worth it (maybe it is just my prejudice against Singalais or the BOLD headline IS IT WORTH IT?) . However when his own paper and the research did not bear him out, he softened his approach. Anyhow, I did give him props for bucking his own paper; perhaps I was wrong on both counts.

Edited by dslyank

Can't remember the last time Mark S had a quote from someone at UA :lol:

Not for nothing but Dr. McElroy was quoted early in the story. Irregardless, if that $500,000 a year number is close that sounds pretty good. I don't know if the Giants would still be here then but I would think that would add value to any naming rights.

• 2 weeks later...

Brutus, can you explain what they are doing construction wise at this time? I see what looks like green stuff being spread around, are they planting grass?

I just drove by, it looks like tarp to keep the dirt from blowing around while the ground settles. Must mean they're done moving dirt for now.

Brutus, can you explain what they are doing construction wise at this time? I see what looks like green stuff being spread around, are they planting grass?

I just drove by, it looks like tarp to keep the dirt from blowing around while the ground settles. Must mean they're done moving dirt for now.

The covering also helps control soil erosion and silt runoff - required to meet SWPPP requirements by NYS DEC. Ground settlement is about 1/2" to 1" or so depending on the measured location. Wicks appear to be working as planned as you may notice that the ground is fairly wet on the east side of the mound.

For now, most construction is concentrated on the Rec Field west of the Softball Field.

Edited by Brutus

The covering also helps control soil erosion and silt runoff - required to meet SWPPP requirements by NYS DEC. Ground settlement is about 1/2" to 1" or so depending on the measured location. Wicks appear to be working as planned as you may notice that the ground is fairly wet on the east side of the mound.

For now, most construction is concentrated on the Rec Field west of the Softball Field.

I know this settling process or whatever you call it with the wicks was supposed to take several month's before we can proceed with construction. Is there a ballpark date when we can move forward? August or September?

I know this settling process or whatever you call it with the wicks was supposed to take several month's before we can proceed with construction. Is there a ballpark date when we can move forward? August or September?

The schedule was built with a 3-4 month timeline for this period of the project. It depends on the rate of settlement/compaction. It is estimated that the soils need to settle about 6-7 inches, but that's not the only criteria. The critical part is tracking when the settlement levels off over a period of time. Once it's realized that there won't be any more drastic settlement, then the real work can begin.

Edited by Brutus

• 2 weeks later...

Why can't they put temporary lines down on the lacrosse field? It's big enough isn't it?

The width of the women's lax field is the same as the minimum for soccer. Could this be a condition of Fallon's gift (not only no football, but nothing except lacrosse?)?

Why can't they put temporary lines down on the lacrosse field? It's big enough isn't it?

The width of the women's lax field is the same as the minimum for soccer. Could this be a condition of Fallon's gift (not only no football, but nothing except lacrosse?)?

Might be.

If so I hope lacrosse never steps foot on Bob Ford field.

John Fallon can watch the games but only if he pulls up a lawn chair and sits on Fallon Field. .