UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2024 Jersey Mike's America East MBB Tournament

10 hours ago, DanesRGood said:

My interest level in this program has dropped to the point that I watched maybe 4 games this year when previously, even in down years, I wouldn't miss a game unless I had prior plans with the family. I used to put together trips with 8-10 alumni friends (lucky to still have a big group from the UA days!) up for games and to road games that were near the NYC area.  Now I bring it up and get crickets. Benson has completely ruined the good will, no pun intended, of the WB years and the championships. Alumni, not just the diehards on here, finally cared and were proud of the program and the school. My alumni friends were donating more than I thought they ever would.  All of that is gone and Benson needs to find a coach that can rebuild this program because it is not Killings.  Until that happens, I will follow but my support will be minimal.  Call me a fair weather fan if you want but I have better things to do than support a program and a coach and an AD I do not believe in anymore. 

Excuse me sir, do you have space on the fair weather bus heading to nowhere? I'd like a front row seat. 🤣

Like you, I used to schedule my life around games. Heck, I've left church early to get to games on time 3-4 times over the past 15 years (oops).

After ~15 years of losing my voice at games starting and leading UA UA UAAAAAA or defense chants from 205, I've basically moved on from watching (I think I only watched like 5 minutes total of MBB all season). FB dragged me back a bit last year but if they have another stinker this year and aren't in the playoffs, they'll likely lose me for many years. I stopped buying season tickets for both (something I was doing while living in FL even though I couldn't go to games) two years ago.

I can't in good conscience give any money to the program because all it is doing is just helping pay Benson's, Vic's, Kilings' and Gattuso's salaries. If people want to hold that over my head and say I'm petty or fair weather - so be it; it's the only voice I have left. If more of us diehards stopped paying $400-500 for our season tickets and GDAC stuff, they would be forced to make changes. One guy not paying $500 is whatever. 200 people not paying $500? Now we're talkin $100,000. The more people like diehards keep giving good money for bad products, the more this cycle of mediocrity or straight garbage gets perpetuated.

Trust me - the school is desperate for good PR. They lurk on here and read all of this. The more people the revolt, the sooner the change we want to see will come. Unlike in US politics, we CAN make a difference 🤣.

Edited by Eli
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, UA'08 said:

Fair weather in deed, but that’s fair.

😪 But I wasn't before this disaster!

7 minutes ago, Eli said:

Excuse me sir, do you have space on the fair weather bus heading to nowhere? I'd like a front row seat. 🤣

Like you, I used to schedule my life around games. Heck, I've left church early to get to games on time 3-4 times over the past 15 years (oops).

After ~15 years of losing my voice at games starting and leading UA UA UAAAAAA or defense chants from 205, I've basically moved on from watching (I think I only watched like 5 minutes total of MBB all season). FB dragged me back a bit last year but if they have another stinker this year and aren't in the playoffs, they'll likely lose me for many years. I stopped buying season tickets for both (something I was doing while living in FL even though I couldn't go to games) two years ago.

I can't in good conscience give any money to the program because all it is doing is just helping pay Benson's, Vic's, Kilings' and Gattuso's salaries. If people want to hold that over my head and say I'm petty or fair weather - so be it; it's the only voice I have left. If more of us diehards stopped paying $400-500 for our season tickets and GDAC stuff, they would be forced to make changes. One guy not paying $500 is whatever. 200 people not paying $500? Now we're talkin $100,000. The more people like diehards keep giving good money for bad products, the more this cycle of mediocrity or straight garbage gets perpetuated.

Trust me - the school is desperate for good PR. They lurk on here and read all of this. The more people the revolt, the sooner the change we want to see will come. Unless in US politics, we CAN make a difference 🤣.

Hop aboard! We're going nowhere fast!

Seriously, I really hope they turn it around but my frustration level with Benson and Killings is so high.  I also don't agree with how they handled the whole "slap" thing. I know most will not agree with me but it is what it is. 

20 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

To make matters worse as we are even below mediocrity, the Brook, 2nd year in the CAA and a 7 seed, just beat Hofstra in the semis to reach the the championship game vs Charleston.  Only goods news?  We are not the worst SUNY University  Center.  Buffalo finished 4 and 27.  Thanks Bulls for keeping UA out of the crapper 😲.

Buffalo was really good at their level for a few seasons.  Lost a coach or 2 and then might be the 2nd worst team in New York state this season. 

Just another example of how difficult it is to stay on top

2 hours ago, bob87 said:

Buffalo was really good at their level for a few seasons.  Lost a coach or 2 and then might be the 2nd worst team in New York state this season. 

Just another example of how difficult it is to stay on top

As a reminder, one of Dwayne's assistant coaches was UB's head coach last season and the previous 3 seasons.  I would have to state his presence did not accomplish what Mark and Vic had hoped for, which was a winning conference record and moving on beyond the quarter-final round.  

13 hours ago, Dane96 said:

Sadly a couple of days old and, per my pipeline of canaries, fake news.  Sigh. 

UNCONFIRMED REPORT: Hampton has come to terms with a new coach, the Associate HC of G'Town, Ivan Thomas.  An excellent choice as he helped Cooley build Providence and he is a local of Hampton, VA.

On 3/12/2024 at 2:51 PM, Eli said:

Trust me - the school is desperate for good PR. They lurk on here and read all of this. The more people the revolt, the sooner the change we want to see will come. Unlike in US politics, we CAN make a difference 🤣.

Imagine, lurking on here…. 🤪

3 hours ago, cwdickens said:

... and by the way, the America East MBB Championship game is at 11:00 AM, today from Burlington, VT

Yawn, UVM wins again and goes to the NCAA tourney.  The fans and alumni must get really bored of this.  Wouldn't they prefer 8 straight years of not winning the AE 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, nysteve661 said:

Yawn, UVM wins again and goes to the NCAA tourney.  The fans and alumni must get really bored of this.  Wouldn't they prefer 8 straight years of not winning the AE 🤣🤣

They know how to select coaches...sadly, Vermont Ice Hockey has fallen on hard times, so success does not go acrossthe board.