UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets???

Making morning the only available time to get student tickets is really pissin me off instead of making me happy that their going to be free. For those that don't know, Saturday is also this years day for Kegs and Eggs. For those that aren't aware, Kegs and Eggs is probably the second most day looked forward to for drinking and partying besides fountain day. On kegs and Eggs bars open up at 8am and we get drunk and pour beer over each other. I was hoping to get my $10 tickets tomorrow morning and be all set to start Saturday morning off with Kegs and Eggs till about 11 then catch the bus uptown to the RACC. I definately dont wanna be stuck on line saturday morning while missing kegs and eggs so i'm still going to be online tomorrow morning forking over my 25 bucks instead of the 10 i originally thought it would be. If i wasnt a senior id probably just say theres always another kegs and eggs next year but since it'll be my last one im set on doing both and makin this the best saturday afternoon in my 4 years at Albany!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UA06,

Being a more recent alum I do understand the darw of kegs and eggs, however I hope you dont get tickets to the game. The last thing UA needs is someone or multiple someones to show up to the game drunk and on national tv no less. Sucks to say it but for the sake of everyone stay sober or stay home.

UA06,

Being a more recent alum I do understand the darw of kegs and eggs,  however I hope you dont get tickets to the game.  The last thing UA needs is someone or multiple someones to show up to the game drunk and on national tv no less.  Sucks to say it but for the sake of everyone stay sober or stay home.

12454[/snapback]

Hear, Hear. What's with the pissin' and moanin'. I was a member of one of the most unliked (by the administration) fraternities at UA (no not Kappa Sig) because of our partying and the general ruckus we caused (ask a certain assistant soccer coach about our frat...he might cry) and none of us would bitch just like you did. ARE YOU FOR REAL? Kegs and Eggs versus probably the biggest sporting event in school history?

Furthermore, if you have done it once, you have done it twice; Kegs and Eggs is something I am sure you will do another time in another place (for example Kegs and Legs)

Gimmie a break.

1 sell out and probably 2 after Saturday. We averaged 2800* fans including the

Oakland game in FL ( which I don't understand). We're not ready to move yet, but maybe UA will now become a hot ticket and spur some new season ticket sales for next year.

i had a feeling that expressing a students point of view wouldnt go over too well with some of the posters here. Don't tell me that because i'm going to drink and have a good time i dont have a right to be at the game. At other schools with big basketball programs and facilities off campus alcohol is sold. Drinking is synonomous with sports unfortunately. Nowhere in my post did i say i planned on acting like an idiot or doing anything that would make the students or the school in general look bad at the game. I happened to be at the BPG and was sitting behind the BU bench where the group of what looked to be drunk football players threw something onto the court. I was embarrassed by fans acting like that just as much as any of you. Just because i want to go have a lil fun on a day thats important to students doesnt mean im going to stumble into the arena and make the university look bad. I know how to behave at a school functioned sporting event and whether or not i go have a little fun beforehand, I'm gonna enter the RACC respectfully and cheer on the team. I've found this message board at the beginning of the year and check it religiously each day to check out what other fans like myself are thinking. I finally decided to add a little input about how i feel about something and now im gonna get jumped all over. Sorry for even attempting to add my 2 cents

Keg's and Egg's is over rated, bro do u really need to drink when the sun comes up? My suggestion is put your ten bucks that you would have spent at the bar in the morning, and come to an event that could be the most important sporting event our school has ever had. In my opinion, supporting our school at a national televised event, is far more important then a stupid drinking tradition, besides fountain day is only one month away.

BTW for those fans that are planning to go to Keg's and Egg's and then come to the RACC please have a DD, and don't do anything stupid at the game. No throwing anything on the court, and be supportive.

As an alum, def excited about the enthusiasm this has spurred in our program. Definately alot different than a few years back when we could barely muster 5 wins. Unfortunately will be working on Saturday, however I will be tuning in to the radio.

Would appreciate some posts about tix should UA advance to the big dance. (I only say "should" just so i can not be blamed for jinxing)

Thanks!

So what time do you think I should lineup Saturday morning?

12440[/snapback]

You'd know the atmosphere on campus better than we would. Starting before dark Friday, have somebody keep an eye on the gym all night to call everyone over if the line starts building. Maybe you'll get a TV camera showing you all camped out, like at Duke or RPI hockey season tickets (used to be anyway). (Or call channel 13 and tip them off). Luckily the forecast low for Saturday morning is no worse than about 40 degrees.

12447[/snapback]

I was thinking of getting there at 7am and waiting. I just wanted to get a feel on when the rest of the students on the board are going.

If you start spreading a rumor about people camping out the night before people would believe it and the next thing you there are students camping out sleeping on the bleachers.

OMG I already can't contain myself. We already have some poeple who are planning on getting there early Saturday morning. We've been throwing around the idea of anything from 5am-7am for the arrival time. And depending on how many people we get, we mentioned maybe calling the student "camp-out area" BROWN TOWN.

I hear the students with their kegs and eggs worries, but this is just something I just can't miss for ANYTHING. You do kegs and eggs once, you've done it 100x. Anyways, with St. Patty's Day being on Friday the 17th, they most likely will have it the following weekend as well..just like usual. So no worries ua06!

I can't believe the buzz that's already around campus for this game. IT"S GONNA BE NUTS!

OMG I already can't contain myself. We already have some poeple who are planning on getting there early Saturday morning. We've been throwing around the idea of anything from 5am-7am for the arrival time. And depending on how many people we get, we mentioned maybe calling the student "camp-out area" BROWN TOWN.

I hear the students with their kegs and eggs worries, but this is just something I just can't miss for ANYTHING. You do kegs and eggs once, you've done it 100x. Anyways, with St. Patty's Day being on Friday the 17th, they most likely will have it the following weekend as well..just like usual. So no worries ua06!

I can't believe the buzz that's already around campus for this game. IT"S GONNA BE NUTS!

12465[/snapback]

You can count on about 6 more people to camp out with you in Brown Town!

Just as an FYI, Vermont's website is telling their fans to try to get tixs from Albany instead of through Vermont. Let's sell out all of our remaining allotment tomorrow and block 802 area code calls from getting throught the phone lines. I saw enough green last weekend. This weekend is Purple!

I already bought my season ticket and both extra available tickets in my row just to make sure there would be no vermont fans in my row.

http://www.uvm.edu/athletics/mens_basketba...ws&storyID=7499

As an out-of-state alum planning on making the trip, I must admit that I am getting a little apprehensive about getting tickets to the game.

I called the ticket office today to check the status, and was informed that the courtside and chairback seats were already sold out. My question, which may be unpopular, is if season ticket holders should be able to buy extra tickets. As valuable members to the program there should be some sort of reward, but the extra tickets will not be in the hands of season ticket holders, so they should remain available to the general public.

With media credentials, allotments to UVM, corporate purchases, and additional seats available to season ticket holders, will alumni, or even general public members, even get a chance to buy tickets?

I will be calling early, but as mentioned, I am getting apprehensive.

By the way, too bad about Kirby Puckett.

Edited by haggyland