UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Tickets???

I called the box office about it and they seemed pretty confused on the student ticket situation. I'm sure it's crazy there today. The guy mentioned something about the school trying to do free tix for students, but didn't really have much info past that. I have an email in right now looking for more info, but if I don't hear anything then I'm going to the box office tomorrow morning. Better safe than sorry!

I'll post if I hear anything more.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the box office about it and they seemed pretty confused on the student ticket situation. I'm sure it's crazy there today. The guy mentioned something about the school trying to do free tix for students, but didn't really have much info past that. I have an email in right now looking for more info, but if I don't hear anything then I'm going to the box office tomorrow morning. Better safe than sorry!

I'll post if I hear anything more.

12421[/snapback]

thanks, keep me posted

Does anyone know when students are allowed to buy tickets? Can we get them tomorrow morning along with everyone else?

12419[/snapback]

Anyone have any info on how many tix are still available? Should I go down there Tuesday morning or risk it by trying to get through on the phone?

12420[/snapback]

Good questions, bosiydid.

As soon as someone receives info on student access to tickets, it should be posted on this site.

What is the general reaction of the student body to the extra game this weekend?

I'm not sure if this is good news, bad news, or no news, but:

As a season ticket holder I was e-mailed by the ticket office the info. I then responded to try to get a jump on things, as I certainly want my 4 and some more tickets. No response yet and wouldn't expect one.

I then recieved a call (on my voicemail) from the ticket office with the same info. around 10:00AM. I immediately returned the call and reaffirmed that I want my tickets and some more if possible, again on voicemail.

Now at 3:30 I still haven't heard back so I figured I'd be a pain and try again, and well, the mailbox is full.

I guess my obvious point is this is going to be a very difficult ticket for the general public.

Charlie Voellker was just on Dan Murphy's radio show. Corporate sponsors have bought 1,000 student tickets. These will be given away free - start lining up in University Gym at 9:00 Saturday morning. They're working on setting up the gym for student overflow to watch on TV.

We didn't give UVM any more than their original allotment (they asked for more). Charlie expects to be sold out by tomorrow pm, then if any season tickets are unclaimed they'll be made available Wednesday.

In case my last post wasn't clear, there won't be any $10 student tickets, only the giveaways.

I was surprised when Charlie mentioned that Murphy was an Albany alum. Murf had spent five minutes talking about how the local teams had tanked this weekend (RPI and Union hockey, and UNOWHO's 2 hoops teams) before coming around to St. Rose women and UAlbany basketball, then introduced 'the most popular man in Capital District today' - Charlie V. Murf also called the RACC 'the ARC' so you know where his mind's at.

Should be interesting to see if anyone camps out to be on line early for student tickets or tickets in general.

Charlie V. said probably all tickets to be gone by sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Corporate sponsors have purchased the student tickets that why they will be free.

If this repeats earlier posts I apologize.

So what time do you think I should lineup Saturday morning?

12440[/snapback]

You'd know the atmosphere on campus better than we would. Starting before dark Friday, have somebody keep an eye on the gym all night to call everyone over if the line starts building. Maybe you'll get a TV camera showing you all camped out, like at Duke or RPI hockey season tickets (used to be anyway). (Or call channel 13 and tip them off). Luckily the forecast low for Saturday morning is no worse than about 40 degrees.