UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"As the Siena World Turns"

I also think your beat writer should have alot more stuff that is of a positive nature to write about Siena, then Kojo and he even include a picture of Kojo with it.

Patch

I have to disagree with you on this part. Part of what makes the TU sports coverage a joke in my opinion is that instead of covering all sports teams in the area they try to "reach" for something "positive" to cover on Siena when little exists. I don't need stories on Mrs Fran baking brownies or whatever fluff that the TU usually writes about Siena.

Also, given the amount of coverage other area teams get in the TU, you will never hear me argue that Siena should get more coverage.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

As the Siena World Turns or "Life in fantasy Land"

This is a prime example why you don't listen to hearsay...

From the Siena site

SaintsFan

1305 posts Sep-13th-06  11:55 AM

14. "Re: Fredette"

In response to message #1

an inside source has indicated that the visit to Siena is still on

FOX Sports announced early this afternoon ( Sep-13-06 ) Fredette committed to BYU.

There is nothing like "Good" inside info, especially from a well connected Siena fan!!!!!!

As the Siena World Turns or "Life in fantasy Land"

This is a prime example why you don't listen to hearsay...

From the Siena site

FOX Sports announced early this afternoon ( Sep-13-06 ) Fredette committed to BYU.

There is nothing like "Good" inside info, especially from a well connected Siena fan!!!!!!

16135[/snapback]

Patch,

Good advice.

Here's another "insightful source" from the MAAC Voyforum on the same topic:

"Just an FYI - Jimmer Fredette, who would be the biggest Albany-area signing by Siena in 20 years - called the Siena staff today and told them that he will verbal at the end of this week. Seems BYU, up close and personal, isn't what Jimmer was expecting. Main factor - he wants to play in front of his family. Really, really good news for Siena."

I found it interesting that in this morning's article about Fredette by Dave Filkins, he referred to "message board chatter". I didn't quite understand how it fit into the article, but at least he's honest enough to acknowledge that boards exist and that he apparantly reads them, contrary to the not so believable assertions of some of his media brethren.

Our Siena neighbors just won't let this Kojo thing go.

I guess "Sienafan" is another infamous Siena insider, who is around the team all the time.

Sienafan

1575 posts Sep-18th-06  11:42 AM

10. "Re: Awesome ..."

In response to message #7

Just a few thoughts in relation to the posts above:

1. Kojo is neither Mensah bother's given name.  It's a nickname.

2. Mensah having a bad relationship with McCaffery is news to me.  This is the first I've heard of it.  If he had stated that as his reason for wanting to leave in the first place, they probably would have released him without hassle.  Fran is not really an abusive yelling type, so I find it hard to believe Kojo and Fran had problems.

Wasn't it McCaffrey and his wife who were both thrown out of the Hofstra game (at different times) for being abusive towards the officials. ;););)

If your abusive to some people you could be abusive to others. :o:o

Wasn't it the Siena Fans with tinted green vision who said the McCaffreys were justified.

I think some of what these Siena fans have a hard time being objective when it comes to the Aints.

Bottom Line - It must be Lanier's fault :D:D

In a completely unrelated side of the Mensah story is a little humorous tidbit.

The Daily News article quoted Kojo's brother, who also goes by the name Kojo.

It reminds me of the old Bob Newhart show where the spokesman for the workers' family introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Larry, and here's my brother Darryl, and my other brother Darryl."

Just another bizarre side to a story that already goes beyond bizarre.

Quote of the day from the Aint site.....

From mr. siena

Someone has to tell Pete Iorizzo to report correctly that Siena asked Kojo to submit a list of D1 schools he'd liked to attend sans Duquesne and MAAC rivals.  Plus their sugarcoating claim in this shooting report out of Duquesne that his relationship with Fran was his reason to transfer is damage control on their part to try and make them look good is pure BS!  Fran knew a week and a half before Kojo approached him to request the transfer, thus the obvious tampering.

The obvious tampering must not of been so obvious to Siena's Administration or charges would have been filed against Duquesne.

That is unless Siena just doesn't have the balls to attack someone with the capabilities to fight back (ie - a DI school from a more prestigious conference). They had the cards stacked in their favor against Kojo so they punished him but they would of had to fight the fight against the DUKES so they backed off.