UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Game Thread: Siena

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sat in the nosebleeds tonight along with a lot of the students. Their main chant was "F*** Siena." No cheering, no standing up and applauding when the team takes the court, no defense chant just the "F Siena" chant and they did do the U-A thing. I know there are a lot of terrific students out there and maybe I'm getting old but it was embarrassing.

I'll might be more bitter about the outcome tomorrow but it was a great game and there were a lot of positives for us. Especially the play of Connelly who is making me a true believer. Gifford looked good again on the offensive end. I would have almost like to see him touch it more once he got into a groove. I didn't realize he fouled out in just 18 minutes. He might have benefitted if Haddix stayed in the game.

I sat in the nosebleeds tonight along with a lot of the students. Their main chant was "F*** Siena." No cheering, no standing up and applauding when the team takes the court, no defense chant just the "F Siena" chant and they did do the U-A thing. I know there are a lot of terrific students out there and maybe I'm getting old but it was embarrassing.

I'll might be more bitter about the outcome tomorrow but it was a great game and there were a lot of positives for us. Especially the play of Connelly who is making me a true believer. Gifford looked good again on the offensive end. I would have almost like to see him touch it more once he got into a groove. I didn't realize he fouled out in just 18 minutes. He might have benefitted if Haddix stayed in the game.

18136[/snapback]

I don't like the chants either and i think they're ridiculous, but what school doesn't have students chanting that kind of stuff. It was rough seeing us lose two years in arrow in OT.

While tonights game was extermely exciting, am I the only one openly pissed off that we lost this game? There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, and to name a few:

1- the officiating of the game was exteremely onesided, I even saw Coach throw is hands in the air a few times

2- our perimiter defense was horrific

3- Siena shot the lights out, if they shoot this well all season they go undefeated

4- Our outside shooting was horrible

I agree that the chants are a little pathetic and classless and sitting down in sec 129 row DD we were able to hear them, and while amusing, also uncalled for.

As for the positives, Gifford showed some real promise and really owned Haddix on the offensive end a few times during the game, Siggers proved down the end why he is such an important part of this team.

As for the negatives, we need to hit the free throws, we missed atleast 5 or 6 in regulation from guys like Jamar and Lillis that you need to hit. The offense needs to be able to run through someone other than Jamar at times, no one moved without the ball except for Siggers and Jamar.

Anyway, now that I have had three hours to absorb all this in the car ride home, just look back to last year when we started 2-5, we all know how that season ended, so I know that I may have some people that disagree but if you told me that we would lose this game every but get to go dancing in March I would take that deal in a heartbeat. The real season starts in a month in conference cause as a one bid league its the only way we are going anywhere.

While tonights game was extermely exciting, am I the only one openly pissed off that we lost this game?  There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, and to name a few:

1- the officiating of the game was exteremely onesided, I even saw Coach throw is hands in the air a few times

3- Siena shot the lights out, if they shoot this well all season they go undefeated

18141[/snapback]

Mentioning the officiating, when your 90% FT shooting PG bricks two in the final minute, is low rent. Haddix only played 20 out of 50 minutes and didn't play in overtime - you may want to take stock of what UAlbany did wrong instead of looking to the officials.

"Siena shot lights out" - really? 43% from the field, and 35% from the three-point line. Rather pedestrian - and that is being nice.

Clearly DaneGuy and I just got home. Here are a few thoughts I have in addition to his.

1- Jonnie I. he's going to get his game back, it sucks to see him so frustrated with his play tonight but hang in there, it's going to come back. You can't go from no weight bearing foot injuries and come back to plant, shoot and be accurate from the outside so quickly.

2- Siggers, it's nice to see him shooting like he did tonight, he really turned it up toward the end of the game. If we can get that kind of production out of him in the first half we would not be as much of a second half club as we have been as of late.

3- HYPE, I agree I am just as guilty for feeding into this, as the articles in the TU pointed out today the Alumni of both schools are very guilty of this. I would like to see the student sections class it up a bit more and pass on the Bull*hit and the F-$iena chant. I did like the U-A back and forth that we saw up in the 200's.

4- Officials, I know that DaneGuy mentioned this but it is worth touching on again. We were wondering how much a MACC referee costs? I'll pony up next year if we have to.

"You may call us a safety school, We call it a party school"

It does not matter which BU we talk about, it still SUCKS to BU!

(Siena gets a break tonight, they earned it on the floor in double overtime)

While tonights game was extermely exciting, am I the only one openly pissed off that we lost this game?  There are a lot of reasons we lost this game, and to name a few:

18141[/snapback]

Mentioning the officiating, when your 90% FT shooting PG bricks two in the final minute, is low rent. Haddix only played 20 out of 50 minutes and didn't play in overtime - you may want to take stock of what UAlbany did wrong instead of looking to the officials.

"Siena shot lights out" - really? 43% from the field, and 35% from the three-point line. Rather pedestrian - and that is being nice.

18142[/snapback]

Very sour grapes. Next time I will wait before I say anything, but it was a good game.

Lillis had a clean rebound at the end of the first overtime?.

I will find it hard to believe that there are any Siena fans out there that would actually claim that their team won this game.

18144[/snapback]

Wow sour grapes, both teams had chances to win the game, to pick out one rebound or complain about the officiating takes away from what your team did. The game was hard fought and it’s a shame that one team had to lose. But please lets not cheapen it with whining

Wow sour grapes, both teams had chances to win the game, to pick out one rebound or complain about the officiating takes away from what your team did.  The game was hard fought and it’s a shame that one team had to lose. But please lets not cheapen it with whining

18146[/snapback]

Tony, you mention a couple good points here, but just to be on the fair side your fans often engage in whining on your board. You merely need to go back to the Hofstra game for a case in point. Give our fans a little bit of a break here on a game that was extremely close.

I'm not going to go down that road. It does no good to complain about refereeing. UAlbany had the upper hand toward the end of regulation and toward the end of the first overtime. We had our own destiny in our own hands, and we failed to capitalize on it. We are responsible for our own loss tonight.

I do think, however, that it's a shame that the games the last two years could be interpreted as possibly being lost by poor refereeing. I could complain by the lack of a call at the end of regulation last year on Jamar's last shot, and I could complain about the lack of offensive fouls on Siena last night while Jamar picked up at least two such calls, but it does no good. Both games were hard-fought.

You're correct. It's too bad somebody had to lose each game.

Archived