UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ c-N-UH

Well, I wanted to reflect on the two most entertaining non-game portions of my night.

#2: Damien going to $iena's side and harassing their dog.

#1: UA students who got the $iena t-shirt girl to throw not one, not two but three t-shirts to the UA crowd only for our fans to throw them right back.

Now that's public school spirit!

Overall, I enjoyed the game. I was please to pull up the way we did in the end. The first half was troubling but good to know Coach can re-tool the team to try and turn the game around.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is pretty similar to what we will have to hear for the next year in how SUNY was able to keep it close.

Siena had Franklin playing the worst game of his career and not much else inside after Rossiter went down to injury. Would have been nice to not have to dick around with the lineups the second half to accomodate the interior injuries of Rossiter, Duell and Magee.

One thing i really find impressive about SUNY teams is they never seem to let up. That is one trait that I wish some of the Saints would learn. Siena does have a habbit of getting up big against teams and then throwing on cruise control. If Kenny hits a couple of his open shots (most were open) the game winds up double figures easily... but hes been shooting poorly since they went to FL. Hopefully the coming break will be time enough for him and others to address the poor shooting and poor FT shooting... which if Siena had shot those respectably would have also kept it to double figures.

Here we go with the clown from $iena MAKING excuses... this time on why there wasn't a double digit win.

Pathetic. Hang on to your 'perceived' dominance, because it's preventing that identity crisis. Funny how EVERY year it's close, regardless of who wins. Here's how it is: if you're that good, we're that good... if we're that mediocre, you're that mediocre. Accept it alice.

You'll need to accept reality that UAlbany has gotten better and better, and any year UAlbany has the potential to win the game. UAlbany's program is coming for you. Research some shrinks, because there just may be some serious issues you may face when we steam roll your program.

If you had made more shots and more FTs, you would have had more points.

AND if we hit just a small percentage of 3 pointers that we missed, that were ALOT in the first half, ones our kids can easily make normally, we would have had more points as well. What's the genius there, homer? No one lets up, or puts anything in cruise control when up by only 10 points.

If we weren't hesitant, if we attacked the press, if we hit the open shots...... all in the first half, the half could have wound up differently. And putting that together with beating you in the 2nd half, the game might have been ours. You experience won you the game. Next year, our experience probably takes the game.

I just watched channel 9 sports news and your punk ken hasbrick , and I do mean BRICK, was interviewed. Why in god's name was HE interviewed, he played like a donkey. He also rambled on how he was sick and tired of hearing that everyone in the city was saying that Albany would win. Who the hell was saying that? And he continued by saying who continues to OWN Albany. Anytime that punk opens his mouth, something diahrea comes out.... He's a classless act AGAIN. Ride off into the sunset doophis. Too bad you choked so badly bad azz.

Now for the bozos of LCC, head back onto your board, and show some class.

Which is pretty similar to what we will have to hear for the next year in how SUNY was able to keep it close.

Siena had Franklin playing the worst game of his career and not much else inside after Rossiter went down to injury. Would have been nice to not have to dick around with the lineups the second half to accomodate the interior injuries of Rossiter, Duell and Magee.

One thing i really find impressive about SUNY teams is they never seem to let up. That is one trait that I wish some of the Saints would learn. Siena does have a habbit of getting up big against teams and then throwing on cruise control. If Kenny hits a couple of his open shots (most were open) the game winds up double figures easily... but hes been shooting poorly since they went to FL. Hopefully the coming break will be time enough for him and others to address the poor shooting and poor FT shooting... which if Siena had shot those respectably would have also kept it to double figures.

Here we go with the clown from $iena MAKING excuses... this time on why there wasn't a double digit win.

Pathetic. Hang on to your 'perceived' dominance, because it's preventing that identity crisis. Funny how EVERY year it's close, regardless of who wins. Here's how it is: if you're that good, we're that good... if we're that mediocre, you're that mediocre. Accept it alice.

You'll need to accept reality that UAlbany has gotten better and better, and any year UAlbany has the potential to win the game. UAlbany's program is coming for you. Research some shrinks, because there just may be some serious issues you may face when we steam roll your program.

AND if we hit just a small percentage of 3 pointers that we missed, that were ALOT in the first half, ones our kids can easily make normally, we would have had more points as well. What's the genius there, homer? No one lets up, or puts anything in cruise control when up by only 10 points.

If we weren't hesitant, if we attacked the press, if we hit the open shots...... all in the first half, the half could have wound up differently. And putting that together with beating you in the 2nd half, the game might have been ours. You experience won you the game. Next year, our experience probably takes the game.

I just watched channel 9 sports news and your punk ken hasbrick , and I do mean BRICK, was interviewed. Why in god's name was HE interviewed, he played like a donkey. He also rambled on how he was sick and tired of hearing that everyone in the city was saying that Albany would win. Who the hell was saying that? And he continued by saying who continues to OWN Albany. Anytime that punk opens his mouth, something diahrea comes out.... He's a classless act AGAIN. Ride off into the sunset doophis. Too bad you choked so badly bad azz.

Kenny is the most classless guy on that team.....I have a ton of respect for Edwin and Alex.

"It's good to have it behind us, so the media doesn't have to say it might be a game where Albany could actually win," - Brick Hasbrouck

Where has this moron been? He's scraped by, by the skin of his teeth the last 3 or 4 times. The last two years with a far more talented team.

Congrats to c-n-uh...so close and walk away with the L again. I applaud the well played game. They are a good team but they are not 30 points better.

We will break through....they were supposed to be the much superior team but yet again, we did bend but we never broke. I'm sure I'll have more to say once I digest this a little more but I wanted to tip my hat to c-n-uh in this post.

We will never break through against $iena. Not until we start fighting them for recruits and take their coach. What kept us from going after their recruits in the past. Imagine how great we'd be with a Hasbrouck or a Ubilies...we'd have demolished $iena.

I feel ashamed to be a Great Dane...where can I trade in my UA degree for a $iena degree since they know how to beat us.

Either Fire Brown for McCaffery when his contract is up, or end the rivalery. This game is useless unless we start treating $iena like Army treats Navy and being fierce.

:wacko:

We were wackos for not walking away from $iena last year. What does that game really do for us if we narrowly lose year after year after year?

As for Hasbrouck, at least he leads his team to victory in cases where it counts. Like this game and in the Round of 64. None of UA's current players can say the same :(.

Can I donate to UA on the condition it is put to the use of something like a "BEAT SIENA" weight set?

Wow uofalbany you’re almost as bad as Bob. Talk about weak excuses.. “we beat you in the second half” - too bad it’s a entire game. Talk about a sore loser. Siena played the second half with a career walk on playing 17 minutes.. You guys have to get off this we almost won crap. The truth is Siena led the game from the 2 or 3 min mark till the end of the game. At no point did Albany have the game tied or even sniff a lead- you lost to a banged up Siena team playing no better than its C game.

Here is the bottom line for you ufo (perfect name for you since you’re “out there” ) Siena 4 wins in a row- 7 of 8… go spin that any way you want. Until you can win some games your excuses are just that. You think you’d be contrite after shooting your mouth off about a Great Dane win (you look rather foolish now)

Its too bad Albany has fans like UFO and Bob. I rather like this Albany team- its the most athletic team UA has had since the series resumed and they certainly have spunk- they play hard for Brown. Unlike some of their fans Will Brown and the Albany players aren’t making excuses- they come right out and say they got beat by the better team. Pretty classy move by Brown – he is getting better with the media

Good luck the rest of the year.

Congrats to c-n-uh...so close and walk away with the L again. I applaud the well played game. They are a good team but they are not 30 points better.

We will break through....they were supposed to be the much superior team but yet again, we did bend but we never broke. I'm sure I'll have more to say once I digest this a little more but I wanted to tip my hat to c-n-uh in this post.

We will never break through against $iena. Not until we start fighting them for recruits and take their coach. What kept us from going after their recruits in the past. Imagine how great we'd be with a Hasbrouck or a Ubilies...we'd have demolished $iena.

I feel ashamed to be a Great Dane...where can I trade in my UA degree for a $iena degree since they know how to beat us.

Either Fire Brown for McCaffery when his contract is up, or end the rivalery. This game is useless unless we start treating $iena like Army treats Navy and being fierce.

We were wackos for not walking away from $iena last year. What does that game really do for us if we narrowly lose year after year after year?

As for Hasbrouck, at least he leads his team to victory in cases where it counts. Like this game and in the Round of 64. None of UA's current players can say the same :(.

Can I donate to UA on the condition it is put to the use of something like a "BEAT SIENA" weight set?

Scrabble....the goal is to peak towards the end of the season and make a run at the NCAA's. I'd take the c-n-uh loss if it means going to the NCAA's every singe year. You make it sound like there is some real shame in losing to a top 100 team (no they will not be a top 50 team, maybe top 75) on the road. We came in with a starting back court of underclassmen. Timmy is a soph and Anthony is a freshmen. Your defeatist attitude is puzzling to say the least. It's just one game in the grand scheme of things. Yes, this game means a ton to me, I'm not afraid to admit it but I see it as a stepping stone to something greater. Playing in front of 13K people will do wonders for our young backcourt and an inexperienced team trying to come together. The future is bright....keep your chin up.

Scrabble....the goal is to peak towards the end of the season and make a run at the NCAA's. I'd take the c-n-uh loss if it means going to the NCAA's every singe year. You make it sound like there is some real shame in losing to a top 100 team (no they will not be a top 50 team, maybe top 75) on the road. We came in with a starting back court of underclassmen. Timmy is a soph and Anthony is a freshmen. Your defeatist attitude is puzzling to say the least. It's just one game in the grand scheme of things. Yes, this game means a ton to me, I'm not afraid to admit it but I see it as a stepping stone to something greater. Playing in front of 13K people will do wonders for our young backcourt and an inexperienced team trying to come together. The future is bright....keep your chin up.

There is an intangible in this called local pride. We're trying to become the dominant program in the Capital Region but we fall flat year after year in the one game that can sell ourselves to the region. This is where the same comes from as $iena keeps staying on top of hearts and minds because they win year after year after year. They get the sponsorship money, they get the fan dollar, they most importantly get to keep an iron grip on the media rather than letting us have some of it because there is no "stigma" towards them that 6/10/13/23/CN9/TU/Gazette/Record has towards UA.

A run in the NCAA's would be nice, but what would be better. 5 straight of those and maybe a run into the second round if we get lucky and getting next to no media coverage for it or 5 wins over $iena and getting all the press? Be honest...

More excuses… On the road- did UA have its home uniforms on? What other “road” game does Albany wear its home uniform? Was the game 10 minutes from UA campus? Did UA have 4 or 5000 fans there? You guys keep telling yourself its a road game if it makes you sleep better at night.

scrabb,

I don't know if you noticed but we probably get the most media attention of any AE team.....there are constant blogs in the TU, stories in the Gazzette, TU, clips from Fox and channel 10 etc. True, the TU hasn't always reported on things like recruiting in the offseason etc. But it's not like we get no coverage and c-n-uh gets all of the coverage.

More excuses… On the road- did UA have its home uniforms on? What other “road” game does Albany wear its home uniform? Was the game 10 minutes from UA campus? Did UA have 4 or 5000 fans there? You guys keep telling yourself its a road game if it makes you sleep better at night.

Tony,

Unless we are playing in Sefcu we are on the road. Your team plays in the TUC 15 or more times a year, we get one a year. You don't think that give you any advantage? I don't make excuses a loss is a loss but I think it's disingenuous of you to say that your team doesn't have an advantage playing all of their games in the cavernous TUC.

Wow uofalbany you’re almost as bad as Bob. Talk about weak excuses..

Here is the bottom line for you ufo (perfect name for you since you’re “out there” ) Siena 4 wins in a row- 7 of 8… go spin that any way you want. Until you can win some games your excuses are just that. You think you’d be contrite after shooting your mouth off about a Great Dane win (you look rather foolish now)

Head back and review the threads idiot. I never said we were going to win the game. I've been saying we have the potential to win any game we play against you. I've said we get better and better, and we have virtually closed the gap between talent levels. At the same time, your team basically remained the same, a talented one. If we ARE trailing you still, it's only by a half step or less. We will take you over soon, like all other sports.

If you're going to make the EXCUSES like all the $iena players had sore toenails, all 'banged up'...... and the Florida road trip was so 'draining' ........ then own up to your own excuse making tough guy.

Brown would have been more on spot saying that we got beat by a 'talented' team.

All I have been running my mouth about is the fact that UAlbany's athletic programs DOMINATE your dinky private school.

And in terms of basketball, I've said we are coming for you, like a freight train gaining momentum. I never said we have taken you over. I said we are COMING FOR YOU shortly.

Misquote someone else FOOL.

Now, take your one sport college self back to the LCC fan board, and fight with your own kind.

Wow uofalbany you’re almost as bad as Bob. Talk about weak excuses..

Head back and review the threads idiot. I never said we were going to win the game. I've been saying we have the potential to win any game we play against you. I've said we get better and better, and we have virtually closed the gap between talent levels. At the same time, your team basically remained the same, a talented one. If we ARE trailing you still, it's only by a half step or less. We will take you over soon, like all other sports.

If you're going to make the EXCUSES like all the $iena players had sore toenails, all 'banged up'...... and the Florida road trip was so 'draining' ........ then own up to your own excuse making tough guy.

Brown would have been more on spot saying that we got beat by a 'talented' team.

All I have been running my mouth about is the fact that UAlbany's athletic programs DOMINATE your dinky private school.

And in terms of basketball, I've said we are coming for you, like a freight train gaining momentum. I never said we have taken you over. I said we are COMING FOR YOU shortly.

Misquote someone else FOOL.

Now, take your one sport college self back to the LCC fan board, and fight with your own kind.

I feel your frustration UFO- the premier sport in the area UA is 2nd banana. You keep waiting for “next year “to close the gap- and Siena will keep ringing up the victories. You keep counting your ‘moral wins’ lets see what are your excuses “It was a road game” “we won the 2nd half” “we are narrowing the gap” Siena is a one sport school” And Siena will keep counting the wins were it counts on the court. Be a man for once in your life and admit you got beat by a better team. UA is heading in the right direction – but let’s get real here. UA has 2 non conference wins in its history over teams with winning records.. A patriot league team and a NEC team. Go out and beat some A10 teams- some Big East teams- some SEC teams- heck beat any teams with winning records and then you can worry about Siena. Because before you can beat Siena- your program is going to have to show it can beat good non conference teams- so far in your history you have very little to go on

And you’re right its time for me to go back to my board- I can’t stand reading your lame excuses anymore.

Scrab,

I feel sorry for you - for multiple reasons.

Yes, I too was disappointed that UA lost to Siena last night. Not terribly disappointed, but not happy nevertheless. Believe me. I've been following the Danes for about 40 years, and that includes all the games that Siena and Albany played in the late 60's and 70's, so therefore because I have a greater investment in UA than you and therefore a greater reason to be disappointed than you. That said, there are other things to life than the annual UA-Saints games. And, believe me, too, when I say that these games run in cycles. Even the great Doc Sauers, who coached men's basketball at Albany for 41 years, had his share of losses to Siena. Believe me, I wouldn't trade him as our coach for anyone Siena has ever come up with. This guy has not only been a great basketball teacher, but a great teacher of life. He won the recent TU's competition for best coach ever from the Capital Region, which still shows the very high regard in which the community holds him.

Coach Brown seems to come from that same small source of great coaches that Sauers comes from. Look at how much he has accomplished with so few resources. This year he has eight new faces to mold into an efficient squad, and he has already achieved so much. Although UA won only 5 games just a few short seasons ago, I was never prouder to be a UA fan than in the game against Hartford when we had only four men on the court to compete against a full squad. And he has advanced our program light years from those seasons. Sometimes there are better measures to gauge progress against than a string of W's or L's - a lesson some of our Siena counterparts could learn.

If you must compare UA against Siena, then why don't you look at the string of victories our other athletic teams have gained against them. Isn't that good enough?

I hope that in the rest of your life, you don't throw in the towel against another tough opponent that stands in your way; otherwise, you won't get very far - regardless, of what your degree says.

Archived