UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ Siena

For those looking to relive the action, Time Warner Cable is replaying the game today (Sunday) at 7PM. If you are going to tape it, I suggest extending your DVR. Luckily, I set it for an extra hour, so I caught the whole game. Nothing like watching the win at 2AM!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!

From 1200 miles away for $7.95 I was able to watch it live on a siena feed. Listening to the whining lcc announcers remind me at least four times that 'this game obviously means a lot more to UA than to siena' made the outcome even sweeter.

Yea, I wanted to punch my TV when the announcer kept going on and on about the officials and the Rossiter foul. They called an intentional foul, not a flagrant foul, genius! And it was the right call - Rossiter was swinging his elbows to clear out, which you cannot do, especially under the new rules. The announcer would not shut up about it!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those looking to relive the action, Time Warner Cable is replaying the game today (Sunday) at 7PM. If you are going to tape it, I suggest extending your DVR. Luckily, I set it for an extra hour, so I caught the whole game. Nothing like watching the win at 2AM!! Yippee!!!!!!!!!

From 1200 miles away for $7.95 I was able to watch it live on a siena feed. Listening to the whining lcc announcers remind me at least four times that 'this game obviously means a lot more to UA than to siena' made the outcome even sweeter.

Yea, I wanted to punch my TV when the announcer kept going on and on about the officials and the Rossiter foul. They called an intentional foul, not a flagrant foul, genius! And it was the right call - Rossiter was swinging his elbows to clear out, which you cannot do, especially under the new rules. The announcer would not shut up about it!!

Same here...not surprising it was the Siena broadcast team....Lee is pretty good but Hueter is a b*tch

This team is getting better and better each game. I love it. We're not there yet-far from it actually, but progress is very nice to see as this team and program had been stagnant it seems for the past 2 years. They have become a completely different team in a matter of weeks. I saw no heart in the American, Iona, and Cornell loses. There was no effort, there was no coaching, and there was no leadership. I have no problem owning up to my rash criticism of the younger guys. I could not be any happier for Tim either. He couldn't stop smiling in the closing seconds of the game, Coach brown was visibly happy/emotional during the game too, something we're not accustomed to. If this kind of play and improvement continues, we will be a lot better than 8th in the AE. CB used his noggin big time yesterday too kudos to him (never thought I would utter those words), loved how he turned the table by going with the press early, loved that he went with the experience of Allen down the stretch rather than a guy like Lindfors. We actually are starting to develop some semblance of an offense too, we were cold from 3 but it didn't matter because we didn't chuck up 30 of them and we got to the line 37 times. If we can string together a bunch of W's over winter, the students will be there for the second semester games and we may see the sefcu packed once again. Another good win guys, keep working!

One area the whole team needs to work on is foul shooting :-0 What is Metcalf, something like 1/15. If UA

had made foul shots the game probably wouldn't have gone to OT.

But yes, good WINS -- let's not overlook that it was 2-0 for the night. Coach Abe and the ladies may have provided the spark that started it all.

I was re-watching the OT of the game and my wife walks in and goes...who's that geek, pointing at Rossiter.

LOL!

He was even more of a geek his freshman or sophmore year. The first time I saw that geek, I wanted for someone to rip him in 2. He was their best player by far Saturday.

I gotta say, reading a day+ of reactions, I'm surprised how many LCC fans are low rent. It's all how much Mitch sucks and no credit to UA coaches and players, at least on the Siena board. Pretty hilarious. Let's do it again next year and watch the collective heads of the LCC fan-base explode.

I watched the last part of the game replay on Time Warner last night. Rossiter is a nice player but man does he get to the line easily. I was wondering about it live but really confirmed while watching on TV.

Most of their fans have been pretty complimentary about us, in fact a lot of them said it would be a close game beforehand. If a couple of them want to contend that we're still awful I really can't bother to care. We went into the home of what has been a good program and came away with the win. As the season goes on I think this will prove to be a good win for us instead of a bad loss for them.

One thing I did like about watching the replay was when we came out of a timeout in the overtime. Huerter said something like "you have to be looking for either Aronhalt or Ambrose to shoot." Of course it was when Black made that shot in the corner. I like the options on this team, you never know who it's going to be.

I watched the last part of the game replay on Time Warner last night. Rossiter is a nice player but man does he get to the line easily. I was wondering about it live but really confirmed while watching on TV.

Most of their fans have been pretty complimentary about us, in fact a lot of them said it would be a close game beforehand. If a couple of them want to contend that we're still awful I really can't bother to care. We went into the home of what has been a good program and came away with the win. As the season goes on I think this will prove to be a good win for us instead of a bad loss for them.

One thing I did like about watching the replay was when we came out of a timeout in the overtime. Huerter said something like "you have to be looking for either Aronhalt or Ambrose to shoot." Of course it was when Black made that shot in the corner. I like the options on this team, you never know who it's going to be.

I agree; when I watched the replay on TV and Huerter made the above comment all I could do was laugh. At the game, when Black made that shot I turned to the guy next to me and said We've Won, even though there was a lot of time left. I also like the options on this team. In the first half Iati had a three rim out and late in the game Devlin threw up an air ball three after a time out, and the announcers proclaimed they did not beleive that was the player Albany wanted to be shooting. But I like Devlin's and Iati's confidence and yes poise. The fact that they are willing to shoot in pressure situations will keep the other teams honest and open it up even more for Black etc. The last couple of years too many players just seemed plain afraid to shoot. Also, I thought our bigs played well and did a decent job on Ross. That may sound silly considering he had 28 points, but it seemed to me he was forced to work hard for those points. And like DP said he seemed to get to the line easily (friendly refs) and that did enhance his points.

The Devlin shot looked to me like a the exact play they wanted out of the timeout. It wasn't close but whatever.

Both Lee and Huerter (sp?) sucked, some hilarious homer stuff on the replay.

I agree; setting up a shot for Devlin was a good call at the time, shows Brown has confidence in the player and this helps the players confidence. Also, like I said, it gives the other team something to think-worry about.

Ditto agree about the announcers.

Archived