UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Looks like everything on the home side is done, except for the 'luxury' chairs. Looks good, shouldn't take long to get those in. I'm curious for anyone 'in the know', how long will it take to get the visitors side up and completed?? 2 short months away. We've already passed the original completion date. The new Sept 1st date isn't far away

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the comments that came out over the last few weeks (articles and McElroy) stated the bleachers are "moveable". They don't seem to be intended to stay for too long.

Looks like they still need to do fencing in front of the seats in both upper and lower decks...and the railings for the lower level seperating the concourse from the last row of seats. Basically, finishing work...

Well, the comments that came out over the last few weeks (articles and McElroy) stated the bleachers are "moveable". They don't seem to be intended to stay for too long.

Looks like they still need to do fencing in front of the seats in both upper and lower decks...and the railings for the lower level seperating the concourse from the last row of seats. Basically, finishing work...

I'm hoping they throw some colored risers on the lower level bleachers, too.

Edited by haggyland

The stadium is coming along GREAT! But I have to take exception to those who refer to the yellow chair backs as "nigh rollers" or "luxury" seats. I have sat on the rocks of Bleecker Stadium and the cement stairs of Alumni Field when we had club football. If you want 63 scholarships, if you want a stadium expansion, you have to support the programs. You get football seating privileges and mens women's basketball privileges for a $1000 contribution. Granted not every alum can do that BUT there far less than 1000 chair backs which means we should have plenty alums to cover it. PLEASE don't refer to your 50 year alumnae as "high rollers" or luxury" holders. We are old and need a chair back and ARE WIILING TO SUPPORT UA SPORTS.

I believe it was I that playfully called folks high rollers...I certainly meant no disrespect to those that have been long time supporters of the athletic dept. And while I can't afford that level of financial commitment It's great that others can and I completely agree that the program needs all types of fans especially those that can afford to give a bit more and thus should be rewarded for it.

Enjoy your seats folks, again, I meant no disrespect...

Edited by Clickclack