UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I'm a guy who's never been to an NFL or big time football stadium...I know...I should go catch an NFL game or something but...having just returned from campus I marvel at the scale of this thing. Granted I'm ignorant to what a big time stadium looks/feels like but even with just the foundation work being done it's seems massive to my myopic mind.

I mean you can't even begin to compare it to University "field"...this just feels MUCH bigger/grandiose and I know it's really not compared to other facilities around the country. Can't wait to see it completed but enjoying every bit of the construction process watching it all take shape.

The tower is going to be something like 80 feet high. That's going to be create the feel of a big-time stadium. Most stadium of this capacity are just bleachers on either side. This will field substantially different.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean you can't even begin to compare it to University "field"...this just feels MUCH bigger/grandiose and I know it's really not compared to other facilities around the country. Can't wait to see it completed but enjoying every bit of the construction process watching it all take shape.

Today at work I had the webcam up all day, and I was updating it every half hour. A lot of visible changed occurred today (although they seemed to have shut down at 3PM.) It's great to get excited by this; can't wait to see it in person.

12PM Saturday, I might mill around the camera for a few minutes to show up in the picture. Good times!

Thanks for the images. From the looks of it, the lower wall might be being stretched around the entire field.

I think so too but I'm not 100% sure. That is one of the things that makes it easily expandable.

There's a concrete field wall about 5'-6" high that wraps will around the north berm.

Edited by Brutus