UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danefan - if the facility wasn't multi purpose we never would have gotten the approval, so appreciate the soccer lines.

As ive said all along...it should be used for everything, but that hurts the experience for football fans. I'm not saying its not a good trade off.

I would be shocked if that were the case. The 50 yard line appears on the webcam to split Section 105 right down the middle.

MY bag. I guess you are right. The angle of the web cam makes it difficult to get a real perspective.

Readers please ignore post #732.

Definitely an illusion, but I couldn't get a good angle for a pic.

But for the distance from the sideline, it still looks a long way

fordfield05082013.jpg

They were also adding a black border around the numbers.

Was at the T&F ceremony today, the old track has already been removed. Vives said we already have a commitment for the 2015 NY State T&F High School championships.

72, nice photo and great investigative reporting. I was was really hoping/thought they would have done something creative to make the "all purpose" stadium a little more football fan friendly. I am obviously wrong. I wonder how many soccer fans are willing to lay down $1000+ for a seat. I wonder if the soccer alumni and fans (if there are any) donate to the same extent Bob Ford's players and fans do. May be we should exchange our season tickets for track, at least they have a dedicated stadium (AND MORE THAN WELL DESERVED). I understand the concept of making the stadium all purpose [state finding and renting it out to section V soccer etc.], but it still is the football supporters, promoters and fans who ultimately pay for the place. Anyhow, thanks for the photo and keeping us informed on the stadium's progress.

I am not an architect nor ever involved with construction {a mathematician actually} and it seems to me; simple math to make the west football sideline as close to the home stands as feasible, and add the additional space needed for soccer to the east side or visitors side. This would give HOME fans football, soccer or otherwise the most intimate game experience. The visitor fans would be a little further from the action, but isn't that the point of "home court advantage".

Edited by dslyank

Since the distance from my front door to the street is about the same as the stadium, it really isn't that bad, but the picture doesn't show the elevation of the front rows - probably about six feet, so the players will still block the sideline, that's probably unavoidable. From the upper rows it should be fine, this isn't the Coliseum we're talking about.

Seconding what D96 said, it doesn't look that unusual to me. Seems about on par with NFL fields. The blue line east will be the team plus staff; blue line west will be filled with cheerleaders and marching band (my guess). I bet during game day it wont seem so far away.

My buddy has Falcons season tickets in the mid-field area and I go to at least 2-3 games per year. The distance from the field at the 50 looks about the same (The Ga. Dome was built to be a multi-purpose stadium)

FalconsStadium.jpg

Edited by madDOG

I would be shocked if that were the case. The 50 yard line appears on the webcam to split Section 105 right down the middle.

MY bag. I guess you are right. The angle of the web cam makes it difficult to get a real perspective.

Readers please ignore post #732.

Definitely an illusion, but I couldn't get a good angle for a pic.

But for the distance from the sideline, it still looks a long way

fordfield05082013.jpg

They were also adding a black border around the numbers.

Was at the T&F ceremony today, the old track has already been removed. Vives said we already have a commitment for the 2015 NY State T&F High School championships.

72, nice photo and great investigative reporting. I was was really hoping/thought they would have done something creative to make the "all purpose" stadium a little more football fan friendly. I am obviously wrong. I wonder how many soccer fans are willing to lay down $1000+ for a seat. I wonder if the soccer alumni and fans (if there are any) donate to the same extent Bob Ford's players and fans do. May be we should exchange our season tickets for track, at least they have a dedicated stadium (AND MORE THAN WELL DESERVED). I understand the concept of making the stadium all purpose [state finding and renting it out to section V soccer etc.], but it still is the football supporters, promoters and fans who ultimately pay for the place. Anyhow, thanks for the photo and keeping us informed on the stadium's progress.

Well, it could be argued that a real home field advantage would be putting the visitors stands as close to the bench as possible and then selling those tickets to UAlbany fans. That's exactly what Montana did. But then again - they sell out both sides so there really isn't a home side.

I am not an architect nor ever involved with construction {a mathematician actually} and it seems to me; simple math to make the west football sideline as close to the home stands as feasible, and add the additional space needed for soccer to the east side or visitors side. This would give HOME fans football, soccer or otherwise the most intimate game experience. The visitor fans would be a little further from the action, but isn't that the point of "home court advantage".

You need enough space for corner kicks!

Are the football locker rooms in the PE building?

Yes.

So on game days they're going to walk from the PE building to the stadium? Are there any plans. To build anything that connects to it or maybe lockerooms in the stadium?

Wake up and smell the roses!!!!

People want and Indoor Track or indoor multi purpose training facility.

Softball and Baseball need upgraded facilities.

SEFCU is a joke, needs tons of upgrades

Fallon Field and the Field Hockey need upgrades (look under the bleachers at John Fallon Field - Incomplete)

Now you're worried about FB walking to the Stadium which is just in Phase 1