UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Hosting AE 12-13 Tournament

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We needed a nearly perfect game from Mike Black and he gave us one 4-6 from three, 4 assists and no turnovers.

I think on that last play we had one timeout left. Good decision to just let them play instead of calling a timeout and letting SBU set up their defense. Had that shot not gone down I would have felt differently I'm sure but CB trusted his senior to make a play.

I understand the kids rushing the floor. It's a big win and they're excited. One of the sweetest wins at Sefcu Arena in a while. It goes without saying but it was a great freakin weekend.

Edited by Dane Pound

Someone is pissed they have to cover at least one more game for UA... :D

@tjwilkin

Danes fans are storming the court. Don't know why. They didn't win anything yet. They have to win final in Vt on Saturday.

That dude is a srs Stony Brook

This has to be hell for him and Iorizo...all that nastiness and now they have to eat it! I'm a fan so I'll gladly eat it but this has to sting those two "pros"...

What an emotionally draining weekend (in a good way of course)!

I am 100% in support of the students rushing the court: First win over SUNY Long Island in a couple years; 3 straight Tournament losses to them; beating the #1 seed; pulling off an upset in a conference semifinal game (versus a regular-season game); and winning the game in the final seconds.

Edited by UA_MA_2000

@tjwilkin

Danes fans are storming the court. Don't know why. They didn't win anything yet. They have to win final in Vt on Saturday.

I sort of agree with him but on the other hand they were the 1 seed, they were the favorite, they have beat us constantly, they knocked us out three years in a row and they are a SUNY. Huge victory!!!!!!!

Fans rush the court when they beat Duke in the regular season. For most of the kids (fans), it will be their last game to do it. It was the final game of the tournament in Albany, beating the no. 1 seed...... I can totally understand it.

@tjwilkin

I sort of agree with him but on the other hand they were the 1 seed, they were the favorite, they have beat us constantly, they knocked us out three years in a row and they are a SUNY. Huge victory!!!!!!!

Fans rush the court when they beat Duke in the regular season. For most of the kids (fans), it will be their last game to do it. It was the final game of the tournament in Albany, beating the no. 1 seed...... I can totally understand it.

I agree I think the fact that it was the last game that most of them will see is the key factor. If the finals were in Albany on Monday then no rushing for this one, but this is their one opportunity. Have fun with it.

The final shot of Mike Black's career at Sefcu Arena was the winning basket in a game to beat Stony Brook and send us to the America East Championship game. A great finish.

Could host a game or two in the cbi or cit or maybe even the nit. But let's go north, beat vt., than dance in the big show. AWESOME weekend and to wilkins for what its worth (he must be a bigger idiot than I thought) why wouldn't the students storm the court. I think the story would have been if they DID NOT storm the court.

Edited by dslyank

Wilken is a total prick & needs to learn his place. Who cares what he has to say.

I wish we could pack the house with students during the regular season. Loved the atmostphere and intensity!!

We all know this is the time that matters, the AE conference tourny. 2/2 so far.... let's take it to 3/3

If we play with that intensity and determination, on the court and from the bench, I like our chances.