UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Hosting AE 12-13 Tournament

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/stony_brook_bites_the_dust_MKfdavMgj8LQKhJ21kcJKM

Cry baby shyte.

Here's a couple of notables. UA lost at least 2, maybe 3 games they could have won including one against BU and last week at SBU. With those 2 wins, we are 25-8...not far off of the SUPERIOR Stony Brook team.

Second, our inside game is pretty damned good. Not an offensive juggernaut...but they play PLAYOFF basketball, which = tough basketball.

We are not the most talented team in the league...but we are a team. Honestly, who here thought "Oh shyte" when the big men had 4 each...and then Rowley fouled out. MY HAND IS RAISED. But we got great support from Devlin...and Gary Johnson (starting of course) played a hell of a game.

Brown Coached the crap out of this team over the last month!

Stony Brook was a tremendous team..no doubt. But for all the knocks on our 'weak' schedule..according to Pomeroy..Stony Brook's best win this season was a 7 point victory at home over an 18-13 Canisius team..who finished 5th in the MAAC.

That being said..they should be very good again next year. Brenton is the only starter they graduate..and both Warney and Puriefoy already look great as freshmen.

http://www.nypost.co...gj8LQKhJ21kcJKM

Cry baby shyte.

Here's a couple of notables. UA lost at least 2, maybe 3 games they could have won including one against BU and last week at SBU. With those 2 wins, we are 25-8...not far off of the SUPERIOR Stony Brook team.

Second, our inside game is pretty damned good. Not an offensive juggernaut...but they play PLAYOFF basketball, which = tough basketball.

We are not the most talented team in the league...but we are a team. Honestly, who here thought "Oh shyte" when the big men had 4 each...and then Rowley fouled out. MY HAND IS RAISED. But we got great support from Devlin...and Gary Johnson (starting of course) played a hell of a game.

The post actually has two UA alums. Marc Berman beat writer for the Knicks and Paul Schwartz for the Giants.

The games were great. I don't remember crowds that big for almost all of the sessions - maybe a result of UVM and the host being in separate sessions.

I and several other fans I talked to didn't care much for the Fan Fest - just the two food stations and slow service at the Beer Garden, the usual complaints about Chartwell's. Compared to Hartford's tent, there seemed little energy - maybe University Gym is too big (and too high-ceilinged) of a barn for the number of people that show up, or they could have the kids' entertainment separate from the food area.

Oh, and my wife missed Hartford's martini bar.

But maybe that's all a matter of expectations - there have been nothing but compliments on the AE board about how the tournament was run.

Cry baby shyte.

This NY Post article is acting as though Stony Brook is the NYC home team. What the heck is that all about? Stony Brook is weel outside the NYC metro area as is Albany. I'm disappointed at this coverage. All we have is the TU and they can be hostile to UA.

Cry baby shyte.

This NY Post article is acting as though Stony Brook is the NYC home team. What the heck is that all about? Stony Brook is weel outside the NYC metro area as is Albany. I'm disappointed at this coverage. All we have is the TU and they can be hostile to UA.

Stony Brook falls in that market. It's not considered to be outside of the NYC metro area.

All stony brook scores are announced in updates on local sports radio here. It is considered a local school.

Edited by UA'08

The games were great. I don't remember crowds that big for almost all of the sessions - maybe a result of UVM and the host being in separate sessions.

I and several other fans I talked to didn't care much for the Fan Fest - just the two food stations and slow service at the Beer Garden, the usual complaints about Chartwell's. Compared to Hartford's tent, there seemed little energy - maybe University Gym is too big (and too high-ceilinged) of a barn for the number of people that show up, or they could have the kids' entertainment separate from the food area.

Oh, and my wife missed Hartford's martini bar.

But maybe that's all a matter of expectations - there have been nothing but compliments on the AE board about how the tournament was run.

Agreed, I thought the fanfest in Hartford was a lot better than ours. Coming in to the weekend, I thought we would just copy what Hartford did. I was wrong. The only thing we had better was the inflatible games. The food, beverages and layout were better at the Hartford fanfest.

That beings said, I like having the tournament at Albany. The homecourt advantage was Huge.

Edited by Albany Weave