UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know this has probably been discussed 1000x..but the confirmed CAA going into this coming season is ?:

Delaware

Drexel

Hofstra

James Madison

Northeastern

Towson

UNC-Wilmington

William and Mary

College of Charleston

Add Elon, who should be announcing shortly.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yzqEVPM.gif

Lets wait for confirmation...Sam is going out on a huge ledge right now...if he's right he'll be credited with breaking the story...if not he'll lose a lot of credibility as a reporter.

He'll be a perfect match for CNN if he's wrong...

Edited by UA'08

I know this has probably been discussed 1000x..but the confirmed CAA going into this coming season is ?:

Delaware

Drexel

Hofstra

James Madison

Northeastern

Towson

UNC-Wilmington

William and Mary

College of Charleston

Add Elon, who should be announcing shortly.

Elon is assumed/rumored..but not announced/official as of this moment..right?

Wonder what the details will be on us leaving the AE for basketball.. that mean we can't participate in the tournament next year.. that would suck since we'll probably be good. Wonder if we would still host even if we can't play.

Wonder what the details will be on us leaving the AE for basketball.. that mean we can't participate in the tournament next year.. that would suck since we'll probably be good. Wonder if we would still host even if we can't play.

I heard a little while back that if we left we'd try to leave starting this year...and not have to be BU'd...

If it is true, are we happy about this move? I am not so sure I am yet.

I'm for it. As far as the America East goes they have not shown anything during this realignment thing that's been gong on. Yes CAA is looking more like America East 2.0, but the CAA is plucking from D1 schools and the America East is adding D2 schools. When Northeastern left did the America East make any initiative to replace them. The league was with 9 teams for almost 7 years and it wasn't until BU left that they got all scared. I also would rather have all sports under the same conference.

If he's coming out making the claim, he's got to have some information.

I like 96's last word, "That's what the AE will look like when Stony Brook leaves"

If we want to go farther and larger, it won't happen as a part of the AE.

The CAA, at the very minimum, is a lateral step... but most likely, it's a step up to bigger and better.

There is one important factor to consider: The AE provides us a much better chance of making it into national tournaments. I think the move into the CAA is a great decision if we have the same commitment to success, but it will take time.

We nickel and dime everything now, how will we finance the move?

It seems everything facility wise we've done id half assed now?

Fallon Field incomplete (no amenities) concessions, bathrooms, storage or lockerrooms.

Nothing done on the Field Hockey Field

Subpar baseball and softball facilities.

SEFCU needs new scoreboard(s), more chairbacks, better concession area and improved Lobby

Etc.etc, etc

If we over extend for the CAA will we ever get the money to even complete the FB (multi purpose) Facility?

I think before we move we should have all our ducks in a row.

All this means is that we will probably make the leap to the CAA!!!

Edited by Patch