UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

This mornings tu posted our average football attendance for 2013 as 6876. I asked this last year, but never got a response; does anyone know if that # [number not hatch tag] include +11000 and +10000 for grand opening & homecoming? Or are we credited for only 8500 for those days??? On both occasions we reported a sell-out of only 8500 (even though there were considerably more in attendance) for reasons which I never fully understood.

2013 stats on the UA website lists attendance for five home games as 8,500 + 6,412 + 8,500 + 4,912 + 6044 for a total 34,368 average 6,874. From our estimates the true average would be almost 7,700. Would've ranked 53rd in FCS last year. As it was we ranked 64th

This mornings tu posted our average football attendance for 2013 as 6876. I asked this last year, but never got a response; does anyone know if that # [number not hatch tag] include +11000 and +10000 for grand opening & homecoming? Or are we credited for only 8500 for those days??? On both occasions we reported a sell-out of only 8500 (even though there were considerably more in attendance) for reasons which I never fully understood.

I'm almost positive it credited only 8500...box score on ESPN shows attendance at 8500 even though it's a fact many people were turned away and some waited in line to get in...

Thanks All for the update. It does appear that our average attendance is being under inflated. This seems bad on several fronts; including expansion plans, scholarship justifications and athletic expenditures, etc. etc. as well as the negative perception of low interest. I just do not understand why we cannot count everyone that comes through the turnstiles.

Guys, expansion plans won't be dictated by the box score. If we continually are turning away people...or are over capacity...that will dictate expansion.

I'd suggest all to read the link to the ODU Growth plan that I posted. I'd bet Benson had a huge hand in that...and it is very telling on how they intend to grow the program. As a former marketing guy, it made me smile!!!

Very cool. Are they all over the city? Fantastic that they are game day specific.

Btw, did they ever release a team poster?

I've seen copies at ATSP, not online. The line thru the middle is from my scanner needing two passes to get it all

383x600x2014_poster_top.jpeg.pagespeed.ic.Uf0T4f0vRW.jpg

"We play for You Albany" was used in commercials last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Check out what Purdue is doing for Homecoming:

purduedecal-640x324.jpg?45b61c&45b61c

Source: Purdue Athletics

The Purdue Boilermakers announced this summer that their helmets for a September 27 game versus Iowa would include submitted photos of season ticket holders and students who purchased all-sport season ticket VIP Cards. The pictures (approximately 240 of them in all) have been arranged in the design of the school’s traditional logo and will replace the usual helmet decal for Purdue’s homecoming game later this month. The university provided the finalized image, which you can see above.

Edited by haggyland