UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown going zone was genius...Siena was clueless.

I thought Peters gave us a big lift as did Dallas. Hooley for one night played like the kid we have watched for years just balled out. Singletary ate their guards up. Sam drove inside and actually moved ball out of double team.

So many other kids just played their role, that was a clinic and the type of team I thought we had this year.

Brown severally outcoached Patsos who was shuffling kids in like crazy, burning time outs at a record pace. Will had them ready and it showed.

Brown said they just installed the 2-3 zone this week for this game. Love that.

Don't know why Brown hates the zone so much, that was the best they've looked on defense all season.

It helps that outside of Poole, they aren't a very good three point shooting team. It didn't help that he didn't have a good night shooting the ball. Really, they don't have a consistent outside shooter who can also drive the ball and we have a couple of those guys.

Great game, seems like they just had energy. Maybe WB just pounds the crap out od 'em in practice all the time except for games like this and conference tourney time?

Maybe. I thought some of our problem had been that we hadn't been practicing. Since the Colgate game we've been travelling all over the country. I thought the week of practice we had leading up to this game helped a ton. We made much better decisions on offense that we had been doing.

I thought Sam Rowley took fewer shots that usual tonight but contributed more. 11 points, 8 rebounds, three assists, 2 blocks and NO TURNOVERS. Great effort in a much more balanced attached than we've seen through the first few games.

Good game! Nice to see Singletary and Peter play well. Let's hope the slump is over. And they shot well from the line! I love to hear that there were play at sefcu chants.

Agreed. Those two were the difference today.

And I joined in on the students (our band) chanting Play at SEFCU. Felt so right. lol. Too bad it was after the game and most fans had left...they should have done it during the game.

This post on their forum made me LOL:

Not too late to go out and finish your Christmas shopping by picking up a few things for Coach Patsos. Here are a few suggestions:

1) Coaching Basketball with the Coach's Clipboard Basketball Playbook

Coaching youth basketball and high-school basketball is fun, and always a challenge. The Coach's Clipboard Basketball Coaching website and Basketball Playbook are here to help! This free basketball coaching website was designed as a resource for youth and high school basketball coaches and players.

This web-site doesn't feature flashy highlight videos of last night's NBA thunder dunks. What you get at Coach's Clipboard is basketball information and ideas... a basketball coach's encyclopedia if you will. Included are many plays, drills, strategies, offenses, defenses, player tips, animated play diagrams, and video clips of player fundamentals. Use the menu or Playbook Index to view the many offenses, defenses, plays, drills, articles, etc and for tips on how to use this playbook.

The perfect gift for a coach or player... get something he/she can really use! .

Are you a youth or high school basketball coach seeking ideas, help?

Are you a player trying to improve your game?

Subscribe to Coach's Clipboard Premium Membership

2) A large mirror that will clip onto the back of the bench to allow "Coach" Patsos to watch the game in progress while he squats and berates players and coaches on the bench,

3) A compass/GPS unit to orient the coach - e.g., North-South - the common main direction of movement on offense (assumes baskets are in the North and South pole positions), and East - West - the cross court motion that leads to the locker rooms!

4) A book of matches to enable him to burn the motion offense playbook left by a former Siena HC - it didn't work then and it ain't working now

5) A MAAC calibrated ruler to enable him to measure Siena vs the teams that count in the MAAC - throw away the AE/UAlbany ruler, it's giving you bad data.

Matchup could be the last for a while - Wilkin actually provides a few facts:

1. $18,000 per game? That's it? for a game with ticket revenue alone of probably near $200K?

2. We sold 714 tickets of the 750 we were given. I'm sure there would've been more if any decent seats were in the package. Doesn't say how many our fans bought direct from the TUC.

3. $iena season ticket holder count is 3,090, not the 4K we're often told.

Walkup sales for the game was about 1,600, based on presale of 8,600 the day before

Edited by UAalum72

1. $18,000 per game? That's it? for a game with ticket revenue alone of probably near $200K?

2. We sold 714 tickets of the 750 we were given. I'm sure there would've been more if any decent seats were in the package. Doesn't say how many our fans bought direct from the TUC.

Walkup sales for the game was about 1,600, based on presale of 8,600 the day before

Hilarious, we've been fed a pile of lies as usual by 'aints fans.

Really impressed by the way the team came out and pounded siena, especially coming off a four game losing streak and things not looking good. One thing is for sure, coach brown is a big game coach no doubt. Now if he can just get his guys to believe every game is a big game, we'll be alright.

Edited by UA'08

I see a HUGE flaw in the splitting tickets down the middle idea.

If I'm avg joe, in order to buy my ticket I call or go to ticketmastee. The box office will not ask me who I'm rooting for. They will just sell me my ticket. If I go online I'm not going to know half the court is one fan group and the other is the other. All walk ups will be seated with Siena.

I just see that not working well for us. I can see it now purple shirts in the green area. Regukar capital disteict people all seated on Sienas side.And the headline..UALBANY only sells 2000 tickets, Siena 9000..due to them owning the box office, website etc.

Brown seemed to be pushing hard on the idea of a home and home during the post game presser. He mentioned how when NC has to go to Duke,

and almost all of their fans are left out of the game.... but they still play home and home. He also mentioned how there's no other rivalry in any sport that one team has played on the road for over ten years in a row. Seemed like he shut the reporters up quite nicely.

Edited by uofalbany