UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so they're generally still a bigger draw I guess. Do you know if they do more promotion in the area than we do? I'd imagine they have more money to spend.

What difference does their attendance make . No other school cares what LCC draws if they agree to play a home and home series . Why should I care or more importantly ualbany care. It is long over due to get a normal contract for the LCC series or stop it

Edited by bob87

I agree with Dane Pound---use the TU as a home game every other year with fans on opposite sides. Fifty years ago it worked well that way with the games at the Washington Avenue Armory---which seated more than SEFCU with standing room. We have paid our dues to the Indians/Saints, it is time for a fair shake. I love this game but will give it up until Siena sees the light.

The "Beat Albany" is their current Twitter avatar as well. So fired up for this game, love seeing the $iena desperation.

Ah, so they're generally still a bigger draw I guess. Do you know if they do more promotion in the area than we do? I'd imagine they have more money to spend.

What difference does their attendance make . No other school cares what LCC draws if they agree to play a home and home series . Why should I care or more importantly ualbany care. It is long over due to get a normal contract for the LCC series or stop it

I was just curious—apart from this "cup" controversy. Shame that a school with far fewer students, in a far less convenient location, with far less success over the past decade, is still out-drawing us by a lot. Wondering what can be done to actually change the focus from old to new guard in the capital district. Anyone see much (or any) promotion for our home games? I mean our arena is about a mile from Crossgates Mall--talk about marketing opportunities.

They are outdrawing us with the older generation of embedded Alumni. That's all.

Again everyone, give Benson time...the guy just got here.

First step: evaluation of human capital, financial, and infrastructure resources;

Second step: Identification of key internal and external issues for the athletic department;

Third Step: prioritizing goals with respect to attacking the issues, stabilizing critical issues, and allowing for parallel steady growth;

Fourth Step: assigning resources to tackle the issues as prioritized, and securing new/expanded resources to put UA into strength vs. leveraged position;

Fifth Step: taking on one or two "special projects" per year.

Benson has a lot on his plate, and our priorities may not be his immediate priorities when looking at the athletic department on a holistic level. He has proven, without question, strong leadership and business acumen. I'd give him time to do what he needs to do. This may all sound like "consultant" mumbo jumbo but the truth is, in any business if you try to tackle every problem at once...or even too many problems at once, you will 100% fail, no question.

Take a breath guys...take a breath.

Some excellent posts. Thanks. I've always said this is a community event. No problem playing in the TUC, but it should be either part of both season ticket packages or part of neither.

I will be watching from home this year and champagne is on ice already.

Fot the old-timers - remember the Albany - Siena game that ended in a brawl at Albany's gym? Probably around 1970. Albany led with about 1:30 to play and the refs called the game.

Then of course, the 1977 game at Siena's ARC - the final meeting because Siena went big time. The T-U article is hanging in my office as I type - "State Gets Last Laugh at Siena". Albany won 62-49. Doc's finest moment.

Best of Luck to the team and to us all.

I was just curious—apart from this "cup" controversy. Shame that a school with far fewer students, in a far less convenient location, with far less success over the past decade, is still out-drawing us by a lot. Wondering what can be done to actually change the focus from old to new guard in the capital district. Anyone see much (or any) promotion for our home games? I mean our arena is about a mile from Crossgates Mall--talk about marketing opportunities.

Come for the Pizzeria Uno, stay for the Great Danes.

or

Free Cheesy Bread to the first 1000 customers with a ticket stub.

I think it's worth noting that Siena is a bit of anomaly when it comes to attendance for mid-major/one-bid schools. Also..with each AE school having 3-4 home games at this point..we're leading in average attendance by a pretty comfortable margin. Outside of Vermont and Binghamton..who are often at the top with us by year's end..the other AE schools would love to have the attendance "problem" we have. Doesn't at all mean we should be comfortable where we're at..we shouldn't be..but I do think it's worth noting when these conversations come up.

Edited by Phoenix

I regularly see a billboard on I-787 near Menands (heading south) with their stuff on it. I have only seen a billboard with UA stuff on it ONCE and if I recall it was on I-90 near Exit 5.

UA does not market at ALL other than possibly in emails to students/alumni. The only other time I ever see anything about UAlbany is on the sports segments of the news (YNN seems to run stories about us the most).

Like Dane96 says, lets give Benson some time, but the previous guy did CRAP for us marketing wise. Our marketing department needs a MAJOR overhaul (which I'm sure Benson will do) and we also need to get GOOD PRODUCT into peoples' hands not the stuff I bought (and returned yesterday) from the UAlbanySports store (sad excuse for jerseys if you ask me). I told the girl that took my return at SEFCU last night basically that (much nicer) and she thanked me for my feedback and said that that's the kind they want to hear. Not sure if it'll get anywhere...but if more people made a stink about the low quality stuff they sell us, maybe we'd get better quality stuff.

Most of us are working adults with decent livings, I'm sure we can afford to spend $100 on jersey every 5-7 years...we spend that much if not more (yearly) on season tickets. I think I pay ~$260 a year for football and basketball.

Sorry for going off topic a bit lol...anyone who reads this forum frequently knows I've been ranting about the lack of product for a long time.

The more people that wear our gear out while going to get food, filling their gas, going to a movie, etc. the more interest we will garner from strangers passing by.

I'm sure Benson has plans for marketing, product, etc. Like Dane96 said, we just need to be patient. That being said, I hope we HULK SMASH them tomorrow.

Edited by Ilko

I regularly see a billboard on I-787 near Menands (heading south) with their stuff on it. I have only seen a billboard with UA stuff on it ONCE and if I recall it was on I-90 near Exit 5.

UA does not market at ALL other than possibly in emails to students/alumni. The only other time I ever see anything about UAlbany is on the sports segments of the news (YNN seems to run stories about us the most).

I see UAlbany billboards..both digital and print..on 787 and 90 on a weekly basis. Not always athletics-related..but they often are.