UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

GDG is pledging $100 to athletics if the school doesn't play Siena next year or get a contract that includes true home games at the SEFCU. I'm thinking of doing it as well and would suggest anyone else who's peeve about it to let Athletics know by being willing to donate to prove a point.

Edited by MsGDG

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to agree with UA08 here.

I always figured the amount of money that they are subsisdizing LCC here, they must not need any of my money as it would clearly be a lot less than the amount wrongfully going to LCC instead of Albany.

I would find it hard to believe that they don't know where I stand, but I am just one person who has refused to go to this game for a few years now

Edited by bob87

So in summation,

- The cup is now sponsored with Siena getting all proceeds

- Our cheer and dance teams have to pay their own way into the game?

HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?

Win and boycott the trophy presentation! Leave the trophy on the court symbolizing the end!

THIS. Someone needs to talk to Brown and suggest this idea.

If fans need to pledge money in order for the school to realize the deal is unfair, that's a problem.

Agreed. Our AD should be doing a lot more to get this fixed. Us fans shouldn't need to do that. It's blatantly in LCC's favor (the deal).

So in summation,

HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?

Win and boycott the trophy presentation! Leave the trophy on the court symbolizing the end!

If fans need to pledge money in order for the school to realize the deal is unfair, that's a problem.

Agreed. Our AD should be doing a lot more to get this fixed. Us fans shouldn't need to do that. It's blatantly in LCC's favor (the deal).

Brown doesn't have an option with this game it's an AD thing. And how do you/we know what Benson has and is doing? Give the guy a season to get it fixed..we are legally bound this year. I'm sure wheels are turning that this board doesn't and shouldn't know about right now until the decisions are in place.

First off, I applaud Patsos for trying to stir things up. I love rivalries and the hatred they bring. I hate the vanilla approach we always take 'they're not in our league, it's only one game, blah blah blah"

But more importantly, I heard a Yankee Trails radio spot this evening advertising a Cruise to Bermuda with Coach Jimmy Patsos. Sign me up. I love cruises and I love Bermuda. I love Patsos' post game press conferences on TW50. I gotta believe that sitting at a bar on a ship with him day after day would be hilarious.

Benson has said publicly that the deal is unfair. So has Brown. So I'm not sure that's the issue. I'm sure the administration feels the external and community pressures. However..things can only change when a contract is up..like this year. Benson is a fundraiser and money talks.

Edited by Phoenix

So in summation,

HOW IS THIS ACCEPTABLE?

Brown doesn't have an option with this game it's an AD thing. And how do you/we know what Benson has and is doing? Give the guy a season to get it fixed..we are legally bound this year. I'm sure wheels are turning that this board doesn't and shouldn't know about right now until the decisions are in place.

I was referring to accepting the trophy. I know it'll never happen, but for 5 minutes it was a great laugh and idea.

It is a great game. I look forward to it all year. I especially like it when the Danes win. They need to adjust the ticket situation and the split of monies earned. Each school should get a small number of free tickets and everyone else, even season ticket holders, pay to get in. The net monies earned are devided between the schools. It's these types of rivalries we need to develope in basketball and football.

It is a great game. I look forward to it all year. I especially like it when the Danes win. They need to adjust the ticket situation and the split of monies earned. Each school should get a small number of free tickets and everyone else, even season ticket holders, pay to get in. The net monies earned are devided between the schools. It's these types of rivalries we need to develope in basketball and football.

Agreed.

Agreed.

Personally I don't want to see it happen again until it's a true home game for SEFCU do I think it's a good rivalry game. Whether it be a home and home or every other year. Will never be fair for the team if they are playing on a green and gold court and are in the away locker room.

quote from Patsos in todays tu and blog: "We all know that the real answer is that. You have to play in the TU. We all have to grow up and be mature around here. That's how it works. If not, then I guess we won't play anymore, and that would be really sad for everyone."

By "mature" I hope he is talking about $iena admin and fans and NOT referring to UA in any way. If he is referring to his people and fans owning up the game should be neutral and financially equal and NOT part of $iena season package; than OK. If this quote is meant in any other way, than the second half is correct and we should not play it anymore.

Speaking of mature it is a $iena baseball coach that has held some sort of grudge against UA for years and why they never play is in baseball.

Edited by dslyank