UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

MBB: Championship Game vs. SB

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C;mon, Click. Like the website isn't luddite enough? Gotta have it online.

It's not the end of the world...just disappointing.

I'm sorry to harp on this but how was the ticket dept supposed to stop this? Ask everyone who they were rooting for? Even on the phone this could've been done.

I'm sorry to harp on this but how was the ticket dept supposed to stop this? Ask everyone who they were rooting for? Even on the phone this could've been done.

There are ways to stop out or market ticket sales, this happens all the time based on mailing address of credit card used etc. I understand maybe our online ticket system doesn't filter based on that but I know other places do it. Pro teams do it all the time to limit sales during playoffs etc.

Edited by Clickclack

There are ways to stop out or market ticket sales, this happens all the time based on mailing address of credit card used etc. I understand maybe our online ticket system doesn't filter based on that but I know other places do it. Pro teams do it all the time to limit sales during playoffs etc.

Because of the demographics of the UA student population and where to go after school, I don't think that would help much. There are a lot of UA fans on LI...

Anyone know what section they bought up? I hope it's not the one I am in!

Friend who bought our tickets was from Long Island, not far from SBU. Albany alumni. Impossible to regulate. I've never heard of it done at any level. tickets are open to the PUBLIC that means everyone. Nothing the ticket office could do. Always ways around it. Doesn't matter much anyway. Just don't think ticket office should take heat for it. there are plenty other areas they struggle with though.

Friend who bought our tickets was from Long Island, not far from SBU. Albany alumni. Impossible to regulate. I've never heard of it done at any level. tickets are open to the PUBLIC that means everyone. Nothing the ticket office could do. Always ways around it. Doesn't matter much anyway. Just don't think ticket office should take heat for it. there are plenty other areas they struggle with though.

Seattle Seahawks do it. Still think they should have kept the full student allotment until Friday morning.

Seattle Seahawks do it. Still think they should have kept the full student allotment until Friday morning.

Looked it up. They did it by restricting zip codes to Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii, and parts of Canada. We can't restrict to Albany areas. That would screw too many non-local fans. there would've been an uproar.

Looked it up. They did it by restricting zip codes to Washington, Oregon, Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Hawaii, and parts of Canada. We can't restrict to Albany areas. That would screw too many non-local fans. there would've been an uproar.

Lets not make a capital case out of it, I'm not asking that someone be fired of prosecuted. Just disappointing is all...I'm sure you are tickled pink over this news.

Edited by Clickclack

So, if the tickets were limited to 8 at a clip...how was this done. Something is ridiculously fishy here. No way 200 tix were scooped up with one credit card, in the same section/rows, with a max of 8 tix per purchase. They'd have to get lucky 25'ish times.

Lol posted the same exact thing. I wouldn't be surprised if we did give them a block. What they should have done is had the 1000 student tickets available till Friday morning, and if they weren't all given away then release them as 'additional tix available'. How can the marketing dept be that inept!

That assumes there is a marketing dept

Disappointing news...our athletic department allowed SBU to buy an additional 200 tickets on the web.

How our athletic department allowed this to happen is beyond me.

And how do we know this?

I'll believe it when I see it. Either Athletics released the tix to the Brook or there will be 20 or so small pockets of Brook fans spread out in a number of sections.