UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Home Opener: vs. Rhode Island

I have to agree with dyslink for the first time. The uniforms were a disappointment. The numbers were invisible. Poorly designed by someone who never went to a football game. The gray uniforms are like the men's bb grays. just plan ugly. Everyone around us said the same thing--I hope they got them for free because no one would pay for them.

Agreed, I gave my opinion when the unis were announced. Must be a generational thing

Also, the pregame buffet was very nice however the school needs to do better with signs, etc. because I had no idea where the student ticket table was until I talked to James himself.

There were huge signs for everything. They can't handhold people lol.Maybe it was near the Beer Garden sign at the SEFCU.. ;)

It was a good start for a crappy weather game. People stayed pretty well in the rain. Once the lights went out people bailed. Heard it was a computer timer glitch. Love the uniforms and helmets...and it was cool to see the guy propose to his girlfriend, very neat someone would do that at BOFO. Not sure if the attendance was announced but we heard sales around 6k.

Not sure if you're calling me blind or what...

There was absolutely ZERO signage telling me where to go from the SEFCU steps near the Fallon Field enterance. I forgot my season ticket stub, but as a student, I didn't care as I get let in for free due to my student ID. Then I just go sit in my normal seat.

I came up to the box office on the Fallon Field side (north) and there was a hand written sign taped to a cone saying for students to go to the south end of the building to swipe in. I got to the south end and didn't see a single sign telling me where the student ticket table was. I asked the girl at will call and she pointed aimlessly somewhere behind her. So I went to the next table, which ended up being the food vendor's table for people who don't have meal plans (more on that in a bit). They had no clue either, so I finally went inside the 'pregame' area and went to get food and found out because I didn't have student meal plan I had to go back to Table #2 and pay there, then come back to the buffet tents to get food. Don't know if I missed this because I was so focused on figuring out where the student ticket table was or what, but I didn't see any signs saying to pay at the Sodexo table first before entering IF you didn't have a meal plan. I did hear other people mumbling and trying to figure out where to go, so I guess I wasn't the only one.

While back at the Sodexo table I saw James and asked him where the student ticket table was and he told me where. It was INSIDE the pregame area (not before it - which I found odd - why not put it right next to Will Call?). No other signs up to that point. Then, after getting my ticket finally, I went to the buffet tents to get food (the burger and pulled pork was excellent).

I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off, walking back and forth.

Again, something for them to build on.

--------------------------------

As for the game itself, Crook looked excellent. Those back corner endzone throws were things of beauty. The competition sucked, so we'll see how we look against JMU.

I saw the tent and sign next to the South Box Office that said Student Tickets.

Right at the south box office? That explains it, I didn't go to the box office since I knew I was looking for a table/tent. Hence why I asked the girl at will call, who herself had no idea.

Edited by Ilko

Are we really gripping about signs...? Not everything at once, it was a GREAT GREAT step in the right direction. I took the kids into that area, they had a great time, played on the bouncy house things, crawled up those ladders etc. That whole area is a GIANT step in an awesome direction. I'm sure with some constructive feedback (not that there was any other kind here, just saying) they will get that part down as well. I saw UA staffers all around, even they will get more comfortable and knowledgeable with this initiative. I loved it, the kids loved it...we as a program are a work in progress...I say well done! They will get better at it.

Edited by Clickclack

Had a great time last Saturday. Took the wife who went to URI, our little guy (now 15 months) and friends from RI. UA definitely dominated from the start, loved the special teams play after the first touchdown and love the new MC guy on the side line (so much better then that lady).

Only negative I have is looking at the visitor side of the field. I might be in the minority that thinks this, but we are not going to see a consistent increase in attendance above 6000 till we build permanent stands, with bathrooms and concessions on the visitor side. We seem to have no problem selling out the home side 4000. The berm is also a tough ticket to sell because if the weather isn't good no one wants to stay there.

A couple of gripes from the game (unrelated to signs). The volume of the music and PA system (not the announcer but the guy who does the promotions) is excessive. People young and old

were literally plugging their ears in sec 205. Come on folks, no need to deafen the audience. Secondly, I think they need to ban umbrellas from the games. There were many people in the

upper deck using umbrellas. It's one thing to have a small umbrella that you hold low over your head and it's something else entirely to use golf umbrellas in the stands and hold them up

as if you're standing all alone in the middle of the 4th fairway. Two college age boys were doing exactly that a few rows in front of us and I had to (politely) ask them to put them down. The umbrellas

completely blocked 80% of the field view. Totally oblivious to the other fans and completely lacking in courtesy. Buy a poncho….buy a rain jacket…..or get wet.

• Like 1

Had a great time last Saturday. Took the wife who went to URI, our little guy (now 15 months) and friends from RI. UA definitely dominated from the start, loved the special teams play after the first touchdown and love the new MC guy on the side line (so much better then that lady).

Only negative I have is looking at the visitor side of the field. I might be in the minority that thinks this, but we are not going to see a consistent increase in attendance above 6000 till we build permanent stands, with bathrooms and concessions on the visitor side. We seem to have no problem selling out the home side 4000. The berm is also a tough ticket to sell because if the weather isn't good no one wants to stay there.

The visitor bleacher system is not a snap together type of grandstand that was used in the first season of the stadium. It is a leg-truss support structure that has the advantage of a reduced foundation need - the system has each leg bolted to a steel reinforced concrete pier at the base. This is far superior to the original and is the most cost effective for a bleacher system of that capacity. To most, it could be considered "permanent".

Edited by Brutus

The visitor bleacher system is not a snap together type of grandstand that was used in the first season of the stadium. It is a leg-truss support structure that has the advantage of a reduced foundation need - the system has each leg bolted to a steel reinforced concrete pier at the base. This is far superior to the original and is the most cost effective for a bleacher system of that capacity. To most, it could be considered "permanent".

Permanent bleachers no doubt.

Permanent bleachers and Division I football shouldn't be said together. B9 is right. But its the chicken and the egg to some extent. If we average 6,500-7,000 then we should be talking about replacing those bleachers with an actual stadium expansion. Doens't have to expand capacity but it should be integrated into the stadium. Right now it looks temporary no matter what the construction is.

• Like 1

A couple of gripes from the game (unrelated to signs). The volume of the music and PA system (not the announcer but the guy who does the promotions) is excessive. People young and old

were literally plugging their ears in sec 205. Come on folks, no need to deafen the audience. Secondly, I think they need to ban umbrellas from the games. There were many people in the

upper deck using umbrellas. It's one thing to have a small umbrella that you hold low over your head and it's something else entirely to use golf umbrellas in the stands and hold them up

as if you're standing all alone in the middle of the 4th fairway. Two college age boys were doing exactly that a few rows in front of us and I had to (politely) ask them to put them down. The umbrellas

completely blocked 80% of the field view. Totally oblivious to the other fans and completely lacking in courtesy. Buy a poncho….buy a rain jacket…..or get wet.

Yep, I'm also in 205 and I even yelled at the field to turn that dude down. The girls voice was too high pitched and it hurt, now this guy is just too loud. The music was also bad at some points.

LOL. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood because I gave up some bed time to watch the Giants blow a game. No, just constructive criticism. The marching band did well! The dance/cheerleader routine was good.

The team played great. Watch the highlights and stop action it on Croskey's two TDs. Michael Senn (#77) pulled on both of them. The longer run was a thing of beauty with a perfectly executed pulling #77 and kick out block by the TE. Coach was saying that if Croskey gets loose not many will catch him and he showed some serious acceleration on that one. Down field blocking by the wideouts was also good on a number of plays.

I think we sit behind you Ilko!