UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

8 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

AE Playoff / Championship format announced...

https://americaeast.com/news/2021/1/28/2021-AEHoops-Champs.aspx

I don't like it . Too much time in between games . There should be 8 teams . 1 site . Over 3 straight days. That way covid become a much less issue.  

Edited by UA1882
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2021 at 8:13 PM, UA1882 said:

I don't like it . Too much time in between games . There should be 8 teams . 1 site . Over 3 straight days. That way covid become a much less issue.  

I hope you sent an e-mail to Amy Huchthausen with your concerns and suggestions to have a better MBB tournament for 2021 .... perhaps there will be reconsideration... saying it here only handful of people will see your concerns

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, UAalum72 said:

Maine MBB opts out of the rest of the season

They haven't been able to practice since Jan. 17

Well that kind of sucks... Was hoping to get a few wins there. I mean I guess as long as the team makes the playoffs it doesn't matter, but seeding when other teams got to play them twice blows.

1 hour ago, godanesgo99 said:

Well that kind of sucks... Was hoping to get a few wins there. I mean I guess as long as the team makes the playoffs it doesn't matter, but seeding when other teams got to play them twice blows.

I agree ... however we do finish with 2 games against Binghamton, as long as no more pauses.  The seems to be a log jam right now from 3 to 8. We may need those games to improve our seeding. 

Stoney Brook is in a free fall. I would be very very disappointed not to go 3-1. Should have a good shot at 4-0. 

Just a terrible season .... I hope all return... that being said a sweep this weekend (a difficult task) could put us as high as 3rd.  I want to see us pay well the reminder of the season. If we lose playing well that's fine. Build on something and I do believe we can come back next year a force in the AE. 

Edited by UA1882

With the number of games being cancelled there were bound to be some winners and losers with the conference schedule. Hartford looks like the winner - they played all four teams with a losing conference record and picked up 6 of their 8 conference wins against them while avoiding Vermont.

Hopefully we can go into the tourney healthy. 

11 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

With the number of games being cancelled there were bound to be some winners and losers with the conference schedule. Hartford looks like the winner - they played all four teams with a losing conference record and picked up 6 of their 8 conference wins against them while avoiding Vermont

Not that I have any say; but considering the unbalanced schedule and other covid issues etc; the Strength of schedule [i.e. wins/loses vs teams played against] absolutely should be a high factor in AmEast seeding. This is usually included in tie-breaker determinations; but usually down on the list of determinants. It should move to the top of the list and perhaps even supersede overall record.