UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

OK; the woman have announced a non-conference schedule. At Hofstra, home & away Marist, home lcc. See UA sports for full details.

Hope to hear men are playing games soon! I think they were actually cleared for practice a couple days before the women. Even if they re-started at the same time, they should also be ready soon to see some real action.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

Virus gonna do virus things. I do want the team safe.

I don't think anyone would disagree but the large schools are locking their players down. They go to practice,  eat with the team, and go home. They are not allowed to hang out with anyone not on the team. Its a choice they make to play baskeyball. Obviously our guys/girls have not made that choice.  

51 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

I don't think anyone would disagree but the large schools are locking their players down. They go to practice,  eat with the team, and go home. They are not allowed to hang out with anyone not on the team. Its a choice they make to play baskeyball. Obviously our guys/girls have not made that choice.  

We don't know that. The "potentially" positive case could be with an assistant coach, it could be the locker room attendant. There are many people considered tier 1 that do not mean players. 

44 minutes ago, godanesgo99 said:

We don't know that. The "potentially" positive case could be with an assistant coach, it could be the locker room attendant. There are many people considered tier 1 that do not mean players. 

You're right, let me clarify.  Anyone around the team of several other programs are not allowed to do anything.  They sign this voluntary "contract" . I have read a couple of articles on it over the last month . These players (coaches, ect) want to play so badly they are willing to do this. I admire that.  Does it mean they will not get covid, of course not, but they are playing and we can't even practice.  They have a plan. I'm not saying we don't. But.......... , I think we can figure out that we don't have the same plan. 

Edited by UA1882

lcc quarantined their players at the Desmond Hotel. Not saying UA should be so elaborate; but there are fine hotels and long stay hotels on both Washington and Western Ave. Also, the graduate housing along Fuller and more near the Nano college must have available space, especially now that school is virtual. 

Benson claims UA's top priority is the safety of the student athlete. My opinion (feel free to disagree--I've been upfront with my dislike and distrust of the job he's done; not hiding it} is ALL he cares about is Money and/or trying to keep his job no matter how inept. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McFan said:

And yet other schools are somehow having positives but still playing games.  Syracuse had a walk on player test positive and is only quarantining certain players (as of Friday).

A reminder...Syracuse Basketball contributes to the the bottom line.... as the old saying "Money talks...."