UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2020-2021 season in doubt?

16 hours ago, cwdickens said:

Do you have a crystal ball?  .... A connection with someone up above?

Nope…but based upon history and watching the current product:

-For the women, a finish lower than predicted; a handful of wins against the dregs of the league; fans left disappointed from the continued drop from the Coach Abe days of yore.

-For the men, 7-8 wins, mostly because the conference has some real bottom feeders; some fans clamoring for a lifetime contract for WB because more wins at the end of the schedule resulting from playing more of the bad teams gives them the impression that the program is improving, and he "can't recruit without a demonstrated commitment from the athletic department"; other fans left unimpressed and looking for new direction; general public remaining disinterested.

2 losses today….I'll check in later!

😉

• 2 weeks later...

Something that has been on my mind is that it appears we are not doing much recruiting.  I may be way off but I believe this year is a free year . Which means everyone is eligible to return . 

You wonder if Brown has convinced most if not all of the rotation players to return . (Taylor, Doles, Champion). They would have the rest of this year and all summer to gel. 

Could be a very good team next year.  I very well could be way off but that would be interesting.  

Edited by UA1882

2 hours ago, UA1882 said:

You wonder if Brown has convinced most if not all of the rotation players to return . (Taylor, Doles, Champion). They would have the rest of this year and all summer to gel. 

Doles doesn't need the free year. He's a grad transfer but has two years of eligibility. He graduated in three years and redshirted one of them so he retained a year.

Really, the transfer market is a fickle beast but if Horton, Rizzuto, Kelley, Doles, Lulka and Healy stick together it's a really nice core to bring back.

8 hours ago, Dane Pound said:

Doles doesn't need the free year. He's a grad transfer but has two years of eligibility. He graduated in three years and redshirted one of them so he retained a year.

Really, the transfer market is a fickle beast but if Horton, Rizzuto, Kelley, Doles, Lulka and Healy stick together it's a really nice core to bring back.

Right on Doles, but he can leave after this year. He would have his degree (masters I think). Thats why I put him in that category.  Will be interesting to see what happens. Need to finish this season but there at least appears to be some talent.